• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:23

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

I've noticed lately that many players, myself included, are not able to move past certain things and deal with the new norm.  In this regard, let me try to help with a little advice on what you should simply stop worrying/arguing/caring about because it is what it is:

1) Shooting premium rounds - I'm not sure when WG switched from Gold to More Credits for #2 shells, but it was well before my time. Absolutely no reason to complain about this now because it's 100% legal and no one cares.

2) Matchmaker - You have no control over this aspect of the game. It takes nothing of significance into account. No one really knows how it is designed to work but in theory it is random and there's no evidence to the contrary. And again, no one really cares (except me, but I need to move on).

3) Pay To Win - Let's face it, Wargaming has completely given up on the "Free to Play" concept of this game.  Releasing premiums that are better than their tech tree counterparts.  Adding Bounty Equipment (& Bond to some extent). Have you seen Field Modifications yet?  Heard about the details of Crew 2.0? Not to mention buying Crew Books, Blueprints, etc. even before the recent shenanigans began.  The game is now officially PTW and the Haves will be significantly better than the Have Nots with tanks, equipment and crews... [I would say that no one cares, but I think time will tell on this one]

So please try to move on from these topics as they are set in stone and nothing can be done to change them.  If you can't change with the times, then perhaps you need to change something else.

Yours truly,

__WarChild__

Caveat: You need to take what I say with a grain of salt because I am a weird person with a strange sense of fairness that is clearly outdated and/or was never meant to exist in the first place. I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.  I'm a guy that, when given a system like crew/tank grinding, will work very hard to maximize those things so that I can be on equal par with the best of players. And if, after years of working that system to the best of my abilities, someone gives shortcuts to others or completely redefines all my efforts, I feel like my loyalty and dedication is not appreciated.  Especially when I've always gone along with small slights like: nerfing the Type 5 after I put a special commander and female crew in it just a few weeks before. Or making me pay $3M credits so that my Bounty Equipment will be the same as Bond and then indirectly nerfing it by increasing Bond afterwards.  I feel like I've been very understanding of "necessary changes" that have impacted me in a negative way over the years because I've wanted the game to do well.  So when I see completely broken things being intentionally thrown into the game over the objections of EVERY respectable contributor, well...I don't honestly know what to say.  But getting bogged down by the negativity is not what a game is supposed to do so I hope I can move past these things and I hope you can too.  :confused:

_BobaFett #2 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:27

Captain

• Players
  • 303 battles
  • [BOBA_] BOBA_
I disagree on the "pay to win" for the most part. It has been my experience as a free-to-play that it's still perfectly viable to play the game without paying. It's simply harder.

There are some exceptions, obviously.

FrozenKemp #3 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 61020 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY

Hehe, WarChild, I'm afraid you're like the guy trying to plug the hole in a dam with his finger.  It's not going to work. 

But I completely agree with you. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Aug 10 2021 - 18:34.

__WarChild__ #4 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:35

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Post_BobaFett, on Aug 10 2021 - 11:27, said:

I disagree on the "pay to win" for the most part. It has been my experience as a free-to-play that it's still perfectly viable to play the game without paying. It's simply harder.

There are some exceptions, obviously.

I disagree with your disagreement. :trollface:

This game has always been Free to Participate and that won't likely change.

__WarChild__

kapri25 #5 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:36

Captain

• Players
  • 24333 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 10 2021 - 12:23, said:

Howdy Tankers,

I've noticed lately that many players, myself included, are not able to move past certain things and deal with the new norm.  In this regard, let me try to help with a little advice on what you should simply stop worrying/arguing/caring about because it is what it is:

1) Shooting premium rounds - I'm not sure when WG switched from Gold to More Credits for #2 shells, but it was well before my time. Absolutely no reason to complain about this now because it's 100% legal and no one cares.

2) Matchmaker - You have no control over this aspect of the game. It takes nothing of significance into account. No one really knows how it is designed to work but in theory it is random and there's no evidence to the contrary. And again, no one really cares (except me, but I need to move on).

3) Pay To Win - Let's face it, Wargaming has completely given up on the "Free to Play" concept of this game.  Releasing premiums that are better than their tech tree counterparts.  Adding Bounty Equipment (& Bond to some extent). Have you seen Field Modifications yet?  Heard about the details of Crew 2.0? Not to mention buying Crew Books, Blueprints, etc. even before the recent shenanigans began.  The game is now officially PTW and the Haves will be significantly better than the Have Nots with tanks, equipment and crews... [I would say that no one cares, but I think time will tell on this one]

So please try to move on from these topics as they are set in stone and nothing can be done to change them.  If you can't change with the times, then perhaps you need to change something else.

Yours truly,

__WarChild__

Caveat: You need to take what I say with a grain of salt because I am a weird person with a strange sense of fairness that is clearly outdated and/or was never meant to exist in the first place. I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.  I'm a guy that, when given a system like crew/tank grinding, will work very hard to maximize those things so that I can be on equal par with the best of players. And if, after years of working that system to the best of my abilities, someone gives shortcuts to others or completely redefines all my efforts, I feel like my loyalty and dedication is not appreciated.  Especially when I've always gone along with small slights like: nerfing the Type 5 after I put a special commander and female crew in it just a few weeks before. Or making me pay $3M credits so that my Bounty Equipment will be the same as Bond and then indirectly nerfing it by increasing Bond afterwards.  I feel like I've been very understanding of "necessary changes" that have impacted me in a negative way over the years because I've wanted the game to do well.  So when I see completely broken things being intentionally thrown into the game over the objections of EVERY respectable contributor, well...I don't honestly know what to say.  But getting bogged down by the negativity is not what a game is supposed to do so I hope I can move past these things and I hope you can too.  :confused:

So why would I play a game that makes F2P hard to the point to be relevant I must pull out my wallet? And why should I bend over and accept it? Yes...I can move on. People can sit here and then remark that I won't be missed...but then what happens when more and more feel that the wallet is more important than the fun? I would love to buy stuff from WG. But I never will since they don't care about making this game better for everybody and not just those that pay.

MCBAIN4EVER #6 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:49

Captain

• Players
  • 15148 battles

I am a 100% F2P player, I learned about the game thanks to that and had insane amounts of pain fun doing so. My battle count isn't that high either I mostly play tanks I like.

Back when I started it was VERY difficult to get credits, nowdays you have on-tracks, personal missions, battle pass, rewards, etc. 

Kritas #7 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4675 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 18:57

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostMCBAIN4EVER, on Aug 10 2021 - 11:49, said:

I am a 100% F2P player, I learned about the game thanks to that and had insane amounts of pain fun doing so. My battle count isn't that high either I mostly play tanks I like.

Back when I started it was VERY difficult to get credits, nowdays you have on-tracks, personal missions, battle pass, rewards, etc. 

Yes, but once everything gets fully implemented, some of my premium tanks, with field modifications and crew instructors will outclass others without taking skill into account whatsoever.  Right now, an ELC Even 90 is virtually invisible with Bounty Equipment and Field Modifications.  With Crew 2.0, holy moley!

:playing:

__WarChild__

Edited by __WarChild__, Aug 10 2021 - 18:58.

MCBAIN4EVER #9 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:04

Captain

• Players
  • 15148 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 10 2021 - 14:57, said:

Yes, but once everything gets fully implemented, some of my premium tanks, with field modifications and crew instructors will outclass others without taking skill into account whatsoever.  Right now, an ELC Even 90 is virtually invisible with Bounty Equipment and Field Modifications.  With Crew 2.0, holy moley!

:playing:

__WarChild__

But you don't get camo with field modifications as scouts (thank god), mediums get camo :sceptic:.

Steeldeathdriver #10 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43246 battles
  • [NUKEE] NUKEE

Deep inhale slowly through the nose,

then long slow exhale through the mouth.

continue this exercise until the game no longer means anything to you.

take care,

be safe.

ThaneTyrian #11 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20170 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

We can BUY Blueprints?  I'm in on THAT if it's possible!  How?  Where to go?  I need about 1000 Universals...

AS for the Thread's main subject, I completely agree with ya, _Warchild_ !  Why worry about things ya can't influence or change.  Just find a way to deal with it.  I, for the most part, like all the changes.  Though... for someone without a LOT of time to play the game, I just spent an HOUR Field-Modding (alternate equipment layout especially) my GSOR 1008!  That means an hour's less battle fought!  Trade-offs always. 

__WarChild__ #12 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:16

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostSteeldeathdriver, on Aug 10 2021 - 12:04, said:

Deep inhale slowly through the nose,

then long slow exhale through the mouth.

continue this exercise until the game no longer means anything to you.

take care,

be safe.

You got the message!  +1

:great:

__WarChild__

ez_money #13 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 16637 battles

I take a little bit different angle on it. Agreed that there is nothing to be done but complain, since WG has made it evident time and time again that they are going to ram something down the payers' throats whether they want/like it or not.

As to monetization and P2W, sure every game has some aspect of that. I've spent plenty over the years, and I just consider it to be the cost for my entertainment. It has certainly been WAY less than if I did something like go to dinner and a movie once every week or two over the past 10 years.

As to Field Modifications, sCrew 2.0, etc. I find them to be annoying complications and time sinks for players, and are essentially "over doing it" for what WG is trying to accomplish/address.

So in the end, I will still complain like others and I will continue to not play much because the game has actually gotten rather boring with the same old maps, same crummy teams, same players seeing how fast they can die, same old game modes, etc. with the nail in the coffin being that they have now overcomplicated what is actually fairly straightforward and simple.

Vava_das_SPGs #14 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:20

Major

• Players
  • 37338 battles
  • [AMICI] AMICI

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 10 2021 - 14:23, said:

Howdy Tankers,

Yours truly,

__WarChild__

Learn to see how a Community Contributor makes a complain with class.
THAT'S the way to do it.
(Maybe SirFoch could receive some lessons with WarChild)

"I feel like my loyalty and dedication is not appreciated."
They are appreciated, WarChild. At least by some people.

GealicWolf #15 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

F2P player here.

This patch and the upcoming Crew 2.0 (lets face it, It's going to happen) are going to create a HUGE gap between newer players/those of us who aren't as good and the better players/paying uberwhales.

Now before you say, "Get Gud", how can one be expected to ever be equal to those who pay/super veterans? 

The gap will always be there.  No matter how good we become, that gap will always be present.  so we will always be at a disadvantage.

Hijak #16 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:43

Captain

• Players
  • 29612 battles
  • [SBN-N] SBN-N
I recently started playing on EU as a total free 2 play player.  Its rough not having crews at 100% + a few perks right of the bat, not having any free xp or credits, but it is doable, just takes time,planning and effort.  I think I have an advantage over a new player since I already know the game and already know what tanks I am heading for ect...

Kritas #17 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4675 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS
I doubt that I'll continue to play. When faced with a significant experience and time disadvantage already and the prospect that the divide will continue to widen while spending more money, it doesn't seem worth the price for someone who doesn't play a great deal anyway. No big deal, just a business cost/benefit decision. I saw this coming and I've already received refunds on all the premium tanks bought in anticipation of getting up to Tier 8 and cashed out everything that I could to lower my sunk costs in the game.

Edited by Kritas, Aug 10 2021 - 20:39.

Kliphie_Reborn #18 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 19:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

Guess we can only talk about the approved topics then. 

So, how about them Bears?

GealicWolf #19 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 20:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

View Postcloudwalking, on Aug 10 2021 - 18:01, said:

The top clans will all unlock these bonus slots because they will be among the few who can afford it day 1.  Then they'll put their built Clan Wars crew in the tank for cw's....along with bond/bounty setups.  Lower clans will NEVER be able to compete.  Hell, they can't compete already simply due to the chieftain mainly.

The entire system is creating a divide that can no longer be crossed.  I'm one of the ones in a clan that will have all this stuff.  I've got 400k free xp and can make xp quite easily.  I have multiple sets of bond/bounty equipment.  I'll have 3 crew per tank pretty much to switch out for whatever scenario I need.  Its a runaway train.

best synopsis of this so far

__WarChild__ #20 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 20:36

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostKliphie_Reborn, on Aug 10 2021 - 12:55, said:

Guess we can only talk about the approved topics then. 

So, how about them Bears?

LOL!  :teethhappy:

View Postcloudwalking, on Aug 10 2021 - 18:01, said:

The top clans will all unlock these bonus slots because they will be among the few who can afford it day 1.  Then they'll put their built Clan Wars crew in the tank for cw's....along with bond/bounty setups.  Lower clans will NEVER be able to compete.  Hell, they can't compete already simply due to the chieftain mainly.

The entire system is creating a divide that can no longer be crossed.  I'm one of the ones in a clan that will have all this stuff.  I've got 400k free xp and can make xp quite easily.  I have multiple sets of bond/bounty equipment.  I'll have 3 crew per tank pretty much to switch out for whatever scenario I need.  Its a runaway train.

best synopsis of this so far

(not sure what thread this quote came from but I agree)

*I was advising a clan commander during the Campaign on certain map strats but our strats are designed for Chieftains, 907s and 279es on most maps.  For clans that do not have those tanks, our strats will not work.  As I said above, the Haves versus the Have Nots...  :facepalm:

__WarChild__

Also tagged with __WarChild__

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users