Jump to content


I'm back to once again, ask for your suggestions with bonds.

Bonds

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Constalation #1 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 11:16

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4529 battles
  • 70
  • [C_C_T] C_C_T
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

With the current anniversary event, I should get an additional 3000bonds on top of my current 9500. Should total 12,500 unless something goes whacky. Last time I listened to people saying to wait for buffs to drop for bond tanks. It seems that those buffs went through.

 

What should I get with said bonds? Or should I wait another year or so till I hit 15,000bonds to get one of the most expensive ones?


Edited by Constalation, Aug 14 2021 - 14:16.


Strig_997ms_brain #2 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 12:25

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 340 battles
  • 176
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    06-12-2021
Bonds

SwollenOstrich #3 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 13:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 31121 battles
  • 3,304
  • [-EV-] -EV-
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

Bonds are an in-game currency that allows you to acquire improved game mechanic values that are better than stock values.

 

After reading your signature, we know your feelings on that, so I cannot suggest that you deny your own deeply held beliefs and use those bonds for anything that might give you an improved tank.

 

On the plus side, you can add a new line about bonds to your signature!



Prof_Nutbutter #4 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 13:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13624 battles
  • 1,119
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostConstalation, on Aug 14 2021 - 03:16, said:

With the current anniversary event, I should get an additional 3000bonds on top of my current 9500. Should total 12,500 unless something goes whacky. Last time I listened to people saying to wait for buffs to drop.

 

What should I get? Or should I wait another year or so till I hit 15,000?

Bonds are the most challenging and exclusively used currency in this game. Getting 3k bonds is significant, moreso than anything else on the menu.



TheJeep1 #5 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 13:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 65734 battles
  • 2,327
  • Member since:
    06-01-2013
My preference is Tanks First.

Constalation #6 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 14:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4529 battles
  • 70
  • [C_C_T] C_C_T
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Aug 14 2021 - 21:34, said:

Bonds are an in-game currency that allows you to acquire improved game mechanic values that are better than stock values.

 

After reading your signature, we know your feelings on that, so I cannot suggest that you deny your own deeply held beliefs and use those bonds for anything that might give you an improved tank.

 

On the plus side, you can add a new line about bonds to your signature!

Seems I was a bit tired when I wrote this. Completely forgot to write that I wanted suggestions on Bond tanks. And yea, the signature is there, but if that's the reality of the game, I might as well game the system to the maximum that is allowed. It's an unfair advantage, but not cheating if everyone does it is it?  It is pretty satisfying to bounce gold and then chew through their HP with normal rounds.


Edited by Constalation, Aug 14 2021 - 14:19.


BillDing1 #7 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 14:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9364 battles
  • 680
  • [SUZY] SUZY
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
121b

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 14:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 24083 battles
  • 10,824
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
Get them and save them, as you go on you'll have them in the bank ready for whatever.  Somebody here might be able to tell you what the current bids are for various bond tanks like the infamous Chieftain. I'm not current on the 2021 prices but unless you are in a clan that does well in clan wars you will need over 30k to bid most reward tanks.

WaywardChild #9 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 14:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 45249 battles
  • 2,021
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013

View PostCowcat137, on Aug 14 2021 - 05:49, said:

Get them and save them, as you go on you'll have them in the bank ready for whatever.  Somebody here might be able to tell you what the current bids are for various bond tanks like the infamous Chieftain. I'm not current on the 2021 prices but unless you are in a clan that does well in clan wars you will need over 30k to bid most reward tanks.

 This^^ but I like the M60, M10 and the T-34 Shielded. The Patton and the Mutz are fun. I'm thinking of busting out for the Chrysler K, 121b or the KV-4 just for the fun of it. That's why we play, isn't it? My glass is half empty and I don't believe I will ever be able to "Out bid" the Clan bias. Pay and play now and have fun it. 



Clutch_Shot_007 #10 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 15:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33529 battles
  • 830
  • [LEADR] LEADR
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

You should probably buy something before WG decides to nerf your bonds.  

 

I'm joking, of course.

 

...but only half joking.  ;-0


Edited by Clutch_Shot_007, Aug 14 2021 - 18:13.


SwollenOstrich #11 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 16:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 31121 battles
  • 3,304
  • [-EV-] -EV-
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostConstalation, on Aug 14 2021 - 08:17, said:

...It's an unfair advantage, but not cheating if everyone does it is it?  

It ... it's not an "unfair advantage" if everyone does it, no?

 

Nevermind. The thread isn't about premium ammo. I just see great irony in some people refusing to use one particular tank stats category but see no problem in improving other categories.

 

Carry on about bonds: Get the best possible tank or equipment for your currency and enjoy the game.



bake3020 #12 Posted Aug 14 2021 - 16:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 2,946
  • [NOLOS] NOLOS
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostConstalation, on Aug 14 2021 - 10:16, said:

With the current anniversary event, I should get an additional 3000bonds on top of my current 9500. Should total 12,500 unless something goes whacky. Last time I listened to people saying to wait for buffs to drop for bond tanks. It seems that those buffs went through.

 

What should I get with said bonds? Or should I wait another year or so till I hit 15,000bonds to get one of the most expensive ones?


Well, I needed just 200 more bonds to be able to get the M60.  Well, this morning, WG solved that issue, gave me the bonds and I purchased the M60.  Now, I have the M60 and the FV215b.  Thank you War Gaming.



Constalation #13 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 03:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4529 battles
  • 70
  • [C_C_T] C_C_T
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Aug 15 2021 - 00:10, said:

It ... it's not an "unfair advantage" if everyone does it, no?

 

Nevermind. The thread isn't about premium ammo. I just see great irony in some people refusing to use one particular tank stats category but see no problem in improving other categories.

 

Carry on about bonds: Get the best possible tank or equipment for your currency and enjoy the game.

 

That... is actually a fair point I never really thought about. I'm just stuck in stasis, re-playing the times of literal gold ammo. But yea that's a whole other thing.

 

I just don't want to experience something along the lines of "Ooh, that looks nice... buys it, oh it's garbage" and then never touch it. I play the hell out of my M56 Scorpion and CaernaveronAX, and they are my only non-rental premium tanks above tier 7. The Raumpanzer looks fun to have, but I also know it's just... not great. It is rather counter-intuitive to to get a fun looking vehicle, and not have fun.



DeviouslyCursed #14 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 03:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 11384 battles
  • 2,738
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3
  • Member since:
    12-13-2018

View PostConstalation, on Aug 14 2021 - 11:16, said:

With the current anniversary event, I should get an additional 3000bonds on top of my current 9500. Should total 12,500 unless something goes whacky. Last time I listened to people saying to wait for buffs to drop for bond tanks. It seems that those buffs went through.

 

What should I get with said bonds? Or should I wait another year or so till I hit 15,000bonds to get one of the most expensive ones?

 

Anytime bonds are an option, pick bonds. The one exception might be the tier 9 reward tanks for Battlepass. But even then, if none appeal to you... bonds.



DeviouslyCursed #15 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 03:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 11384 battles
  • 2,738
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3
  • Member since:
    12-13-2018

View Postbake3020, on Aug 14 2021 - 16:44, said:


Well, I needed just 200 more bonds to be able to get the M60.  Well, this morning, WG solved that issue, gave me the bonds and I purchased the M60.  Now, I have the M60 and the FV215b.  Thank you War Gaming.

 

Did...  did that just happen?   Did bake3020 just appreciate something WG did?

 

Am I in...

 


Edited by DeviouslyCursed, Aug 15 2021 - 03:33.


Fray_Bentos_Lite #16 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 03:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24562 battles
  • 361
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    08-28-2019

I like the special 3,000 to 5,000 bond equipment that provides extra performance over standard equipment (rammer, vents, etc.).  I hope WoT puts that super turbo up for sale for bonds.  However, I'm not entire sure how Field Modifications effects this equipment choice going forward.  On another note I'm not sure how screwed I am about putting two different sets of equipment on one tank (the option provided by field mods).  Not sure if I can use one piece of equipment in one slot for two different tanks.  I'm running out of free demount coupons so I"m done screwing around with equipment for a bit.  I suspect that the Fields Mods money grab is also a way to sell us more equipment...

 

GIven the power creep in this game, spending bonds, gold, or real money (e.g. holiday loot boxes with a chance for premium tanks) on anything other than overpowered premium tanks (SU-130PM, IS-3A, GSOR, Defender, Borat, etc.) might not be the way to  go IMHO.  WoT let those bond tanks languish for quite some time for their long belated buffs...



Constalation #17 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 04:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4529 battles
  • 70
  • [C_C_T] C_C_T
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostFray_Bentos_Lite, on Aug 15 2021 - 11:48, said:

I like the special 3,000 to 5,000 bond equipment that provides extra performance over standard equipment (rammer, vents, etc.).  I hope WoT puts that super turbo up for sale for bonds.  However, I'm not entire sure how Field Modifications effects this equipment choice going forward.  On another note I'm not sure how screwed I am about putting two different sets of equipment on one tank (the option provided by field mods).  Not sure if I can use one piece of equipment in one slot for two different tanks.  I'm running out of free demount coupons so I"m done screwing around with equipment for a bit.  I suspect that the Fields Mods money grab is also a way to sell us more equipment...

 

GIven the power creep in this game, spending bonds, gold, or real money (e.g. holiday loot boxes with a chance for premium tanks) on anything other than overpowered premium tanks (SU-130PM, IS-3A, GSOR, Defender, Borat, etc.) might not be the way to  go IMHO.  WoT let those bond tanks languish for quite some time for their long belated buffs...

 

I've gotten to rank 4 I think with the m56. It gives you a second configuration for modules on the vehicle. But, you have to buy an entire new set of modules for it.



General_Rubenski #18 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 04:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8161 battles
  • 184
  • [SHAM] SHAM
  • Member since:
    01-19-2013
I'd save them if I were you. You can bet that next year for the Black Market, we will see tanks for bond bids. Otherwise if you cant wait that long, at least wait until this Christmas event to really maximize your bonds with all the bonus credits and what not. Maybe then pick a tank or equipment. 

SociopathicTroll #19 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 05:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3186 battles
  • 594
  • Member since:
    04-29-2021

View PostTheJeep1, on Aug 14 2021 - 07:51, said:

My preference is Tanks First.

Your preference would be wrong. The bond tanks even with the buffs are just not good enough to justify spending on. I would say it's pretty much guaranteed worth it to spend them on bond equipment unless you just have no premiums or favorite tanks you like playing 



TheJeep1 #20 Posted Aug 15 2021 - 08:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 65734 battles
  • 2,327
  • Member since:
    06-01-2013

View PostSociopathicTroll, on Aug 14 2021 - 20:56, said:

Your preference would be wrong. The bond tanks even with the buffs are just not good enough to justify spending on. I would say it's pretty much guaranteed worth it to spend them on bond equipment unless you just have no premiums or favorite tanks you like playing 


Playing "only the best the game offers" is not my preference.  Kp50t I bought with bonds....along with any other German bond tanks.  So it is you who are incorrectified.







Also tagged with Bonds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users