Recon Mission - Explore New Maps and Earn Rewards

reconmission

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Elias_K_Grodin #1 Posted Aug 18 2021 - 16:04

Community Number Cruncher

• Verified Military
  • 1394 battles

It's going to get even hotter in World of Tanks, Commanders! August Heat is bringing back Recon Mission, our new experimental mode where we'll work together with you to refine new maps that may be added to Random Battles.

In response to your feedback, we improved the mode's matchmaking and some other aspects to make Recon Mission more enjoyable. This experimental mode introduced in Update 1.13 will be relaunched in three separate Stages and with the same maps, with the first Stage kicking off on August 20. Your game progress during the previous Recon Mission launch will be saved, so you can continue from where you left off. Check out all the new improvements Recon Mission has received!

Get the details here!

warrends #2 Posted Aug 18 2021 - 16:11

Major

• Players
  • 24265 battles
Thank you.

AndrewSledge #3 Posted Aug 18 2021 - 17:36

Major

• Players
  • 41390 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

View PostHey_man_Gneis_shot, on Aug 18 2021 - 08:04, said:

Your game progress during the previous Recon Mission launch will be saved, so you can continue from where you left off. Check out all the new improvements Recon Mission has received!

This must be boilerplate from the EU server, because I was on the game when it was supposed to launch on NA, and it immediately went to unavailable, so no progress was possible. :teethhappy:

Looking forward to the mode, though!

ShadowDancer27 #4 Posted Aug 18 2021 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 42703 battles
The three maps seem very familiar, an evolution of maps they retired 3-4 years ago.

Errants #5 Posted Aug 19 2021 - 04:39

Captain

• Players
  • 66048 battles
  • [TT-6] TT-6

View PostHey_man_Gneis_shot, on Aug 18 2021 - 09:04, said:

It's going to get even hotter in World of Tanks, Commanders! August Heat is bringing back Recon Mission, our new experimental mode where we'll work together with you to refine new maps that may be added to Random Battles.

In response to your feedback, we improved the mode's matchmaking and some other aspects to make Recon Mission more enjoyable. This experimental mode introduced in Update 1.13 will be relaunched in three separate Stages and with the same maps, with the first Stage kicking off on August 20. Your game progress during the previous Recon Mission launch will be saved, so you can continue from where you left off. Check out all the new improvements Recon Mission has received!

Get the details here!

Seconding, can we get some clearer copy/information, since NA never had an opportunity for this the first time around?

thunderclap202020 #6 Posted Aug 19 2021 - 11:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 14838 battles
  • [MUTT] MUTT
WG is thinking on their feet. The forethought that went into this is like they threw open the doors of the great hall of gamedom and caused my eyes to glaze over - we are entering a new era of World of Tanks and as far as the eyes can see all is possible when you mix imagination into the stew of the existing meta. The grinding will come to an end where I can concentrate on technique but boredom was never my nemesis playing the game - just my anxiety at mediocre game play and the crippling cost of the grind. Now I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it's more to do the dawn of a new decade of re-works and improvements and not the one I'm told to go to at (game) death.

CarlNoMedik #7 Posted Aug 21 2021 - 16:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 23752 battles

Nice, but unusable on the SA server due to lack of players, with 2000 players on the server it is never possible to get past the 16 players in the queue. :sceptic:

If wargaming really wants SA players test the maps they should modify the number of users to start the game or place BOTS.

The_Jarhead #8 Posted Aug 21 2021 - 18:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 67567 battles
  • [JHD] JHD

wthis going on with this mode?  It wont work on NA, and on SA, the player base is too small to get a battle going at all.  Ive sat in queue for several minutes on SA and never got more than 6 or 7 players in it.    

Nothing Ive seen from WG says anything about this not working on these servers. 

Livewire70 #9 Posted Aug 22 2021 - 03:15

Captain

• Players
  • 24445 battles
  • [COBLT] COBLT

Makes no sense not to put this on NA server but advertise it here...??? wth

ArcticTankHunter #10 Posted Aug 23 2021 - 01:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23834 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V
I don't care what they say about AirShipyard map. it is a clearly a tier 6 map. Should have allowed tier 6 in recon mission so new players can also test it. That map is tiny as hell but, have way better flanking positions and cover unlike Province. It is also very broken for hull down tanks which tier 6 don't have starting with Emil 1.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Aug 26 2021 - 02:21.

tohopko #11 Posted Aug 30 2021 - 00:00

Private

• Players
  • 27475 battles
Once again the map developers allowed tank drivers to design maps that completely leave TD drivers at a serious disadvantage.  If you only wanted tanks to compete why didn't you say it so I could stock my garage minus TDs.  This has been going on since year 1 or 2 (yeah I've been here that long) constantly removing more and more bushes and trees.  These last three maps in Recon are a joke to TD drivers.

martingalindo #12 Posted Sep 17 2021 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49276 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

The 3 maps of Stage 1 are really good, i like all of them.

The maps on Stage 2 have some problems

-The Foothill map for example is a great idea, but needs some improvements for example it need to get the line 1-3 to get reworked (area for TDs, mediums and lights)
In my opinion you should remove the Hills in B,C-1,2 and in H,J-1,2  that makes the areas behind pointless to use.

So if you remove that hills the area of A1 to A3 and the area in K1 to K3 will become usefull for something, Also it would be a great idea to make that area higher so the sniper tanks could use it better.
Also by making the A1 to A3 area and the K1 to K3 area in a higher ground u will grant that area the posibility to reset the cap and defend if it is needed.

That 2 areas should be the higher ground on the map

-Place of power Needs more bushes for Tds, mediums and lights mostly for lights, there no really good bush to play for a light in that map. Tds also have more problems than mediums

-Volga map seems the better of this 3 maps in episode 2

Fishrokk #13 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 02:44

Major

• Players
  • 22245 battles
  • [K-S-W] K-S-W

Why are Recon missions so darn short?  Instead of making sure that it is a grind for the reward, give us some time to test the maps and really get to know them.

Especially when you have other game modes going on at the same time.  Speed testing is not a good idea. 

Edited by Fishrokk, Sep 20 2021 - 02:44.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users