crew20

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Elias_K_Grodin #1 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:29

Community Number Cruncher

• Verified Military
  • 1394 battles

Tankers,

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your engagement in testing Crew 2.0 in the Sandbox. Thank you for your feedback, time, and involvement. Community participation in the Sandbox and input across all online platforms enabled us to collect a significant amount of data and feedback.

What's going on right now?

Spoiler

What's next?

Spoiler

Our deepest gratitude to everyone who paid attention to Crew 2.0, shared their feedback, and helped us improve this feature.

icbrainy #2 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11277 battles

Will this company stop wasting our time on this? It is abundantly clear that Wargaming devs are not prepared to take no a for an answer at any price on anything.

Look at what's happened the state of World of Warships! Because of continuing one-way communication, this company lies in tatters!

As CC WarChild put it: Crew 2.0 needs to be dead and cremated.

Altwar #3 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 64677 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Crew 2.0 isn't wanted.  It's why I didn't participate in the testing as I do not support it. 

I don't need to roll around a piece of doggie doo in my hand to understand it's something I don't want.

As long as Crew 2.0 remains on the horizon, I'll make it a point to not spend a penny more on this or World of Warships.

Pony_Plop #4 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 18400 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Good riddance.

Now, I know it's hard to monetize, but it would be great to see some progress on the third set of personal missions..

banziduck #5 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 26516 battles

Shelve Screw 2.0 for good already and quit trying to force us the players to play the game the way you want us to play it.  Maybe fix the power creep, Maps, MM.

Cheers 

EdibleImpairedPlayer #6 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32872 battles
  • [CLAPD] CLAPD
Good. The goal should not be to segment the playerbase in a pvp game based on a grindable advantage.

Wrath_of_Olive #7 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:53

Private

• Players
  • 1874 battles
STOP with this nonsense on changing crew system.  Nobody wants it.  Move on to something else.

condor_argentina #8 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 15:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95933 battles
  • [LEEX] LEEX
dont touch the crew !!!!!......i said again...dont touch the crew !!!!!!!.....i said again..DONT TOUCH THE CREW !!!!!!!!

Bushranger #9 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 56635 battles
As has been said by others, my wallet remains closed until (s)Crew 2.0 is dead.  While there is any chance, in some form or other, that it may still be implemented, I'm not spending any more money on this game.  Keeping talking about it Wargaming, and I'll be looking at other things I can spend money on other than this game.

CAPTMUDDXX #10 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:04

Captain

• Players
  • 21205 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View PostHey_man_Gneis_shot, on Aug 25 2021 - 09:29, said:

Tankers,

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your engagement in testing Crew 2.0 in the Sandbox. Thank you for your feedback, time, and involvement. Community participation in the Sandbox and input across all online platforms enabled us to collect a significant amount of data and feedback.

What's going on right now?

Spoiler

What's next?

Spoiler

Our deepest gratitude to everyone who paid attention to Crew 2.0, shared their feedback, and helped us improve this feature.

I don't get it and frankly it doesn't make any sense to me.

I understand the single Commander in WoWs since any ship, BBs and CVs in particular would have many more Officers over the numerous operations of the ship.

In WoT the 2 to 6 persons operating the tank is perfect. Reducing that to just the Commander with imaginary members is silly.

However I do like the idea of the trainers if it speeds up the crew members skill progression.

If this does go through and I fully expect it will despite player objections and many stating that they will quit. 

What would help make it more acceptable would be for WG to leave the Commanders alone and make all the other crew members Commanders retaining all their current skills but no vehicle specialty. With this they can be assigned as Commander to any future vehicles obtained by the player.

I reiterate, I don't get it and frankly it doesn't make any sense to me.

Viggen #11 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29516 battles

Bugger off with Crew 2.0 and this craptastically bad idea being shoved down from above by clueless devs who are so far out of touch with the player-base that they could be on the way to Mars.

• Give all commanders Sixth Sense,
  • Let crewmembers be able to work in 2 different tanks (across lines, or maybe in just one line),
  • Tweak (not abuse with chainsaw-wielding maniacal intent) existing skills to bring the weaker ones up to par.

Boisefan11 #12 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:19

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20376 battles
  • [CLNT] CLNT
Why so much backlash still? Everyone, this is a good thing. This shows that Wargaming is listening to our feedback and is actually understanding the fact that this is a bad idea. Let them do their changes and tweaks, maybe something will come out of it that's actually productive. I'm not totally opposed to a crew change, just not what they currently implemented in the past two tests. 

reese342 #13 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11122 battles

View PostBoisefan11, on Aug 25 2021 - 15:19, said:

Why so much backlash still? Everyone, this is a good thing. This shows that Wargaming is listening to our feedback and is actually understanding the fact that this is a bad idea. Let them do their changes and tweaks, maybe something will come out of it that's actually productive. I'm not totally opposed to a crew change, just not what they currently implemented in the past two tests. 

The backlash is directed, and rightly so in my mind, at Crew 2.0 itself and not this decision: I personally am glad it's shelved for the time being but want it dead and gone as I think it's a terrible system being used to replace one that isn't even broken, and if we cease with the overwhelming negativity, will creep back up again. We need to continue to express malice towards this system in its entirety until someone gets the message.

That said, don't be mean to the forum folks about it, it's not their department.

cloudwalking #14 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:39

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

I have ZERO spending confidence with this company anymore.

you are shelving 2.0 to cover the holidays and as soon as Christmas spending is gone we'll see crew 2.0 again.

ZERO faith.

Edit:  Hell, they even said it in the video "won't see anything for at least 6 months" - well guess what is in about 6 months from now...

Edited by cloudwalking, Aug 25 2021 - 19:12.

bad_73 #15 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:43

Captain

• Players
  • 1576 battles

View PostBoisefan11, on Aug 25 2021 - 16:19, said:

Because now we know they want to monetize crews and will just try to find another way to grab money.Crews were grown with mostly hard work till they made the crew book thing...that addition has gotten them more money coming from the need to buy gold to get credits and then buy crew books..so thinking of ways to get more revenue from crews is too much on top of too much already.

Bootknife #16 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44116 battles
  • [WDA] WDA
Keep it up WG...   If you're trying to run off the majority of your player base (aka paying customers), you're doing a great job.

Edited by Bootknife, Aug 25 2021 - 16:51.

Brynar #17 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:50

Captain

• Players
  • 21443 battles

None of the previous posters speak for me or the silent majority.

Can't wait for Sandbox iteration #3. Thank you WG staff for your dedication in improving the current unfair and outdated crew system, and making 6th sense free for all new crews.

Gen_Grant #18 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 16:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52736 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU

What's next?

One thing is certain: The new Crew system will not be released to production servers at least for six months—and will only be considered as part of our 2022 plans should a future iteration meet our expectations. Best line from the posting, but WG you do not get the big picture it may be your Game but the player base is the expectations and you failed at this. Crew 2.0 is dead and time to start to throw on the dirt. 

https://www.getyarn....be6576cd5d8/gif

https://media.giphy....=giphy.gif&ct=g

Edited by Gen_Grant, Aug 25 2021 - 16:52.

GWyatt #19 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 17:06

Captain

• Players
  • 6000 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostBrynar, on Aug 25 2021 - 10:50, said:

None of the previous posters speak for me or the silent majority.

Can't wait for Sandbox iteration #3. Thank you WG staff for your dedication in improving the current unfair and outdated crew system, and making 6th sense free for all new crews.

Yep

rwwllms #20 Posted Aug 25 2021 - 17:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 21960 battles
*sigh*
Just focus on making a good decent tank simulation game. Stop wasting your time and resources on creating crap that has nothing to do with playing a tank simulation game. Instead work on making matchmaking better, focus on the current line up of tanks by making their stats more realistic, stop nerfing everything, stop trying to be Amazon and selling everything including the kitchen sink, and most importantly restore SPGs to what they were meant to be and get rid of the clown cars.
This is a tank simulation game for God's sake. What the [edited]is wrong with you wargaming? You have shred and lost any common sense and any respect you garnered at your beginning. Now you're just a shallow unfunny punch line. What an embarrassment you turned out to be.

Also tagged with crew20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users