The Rudy Returns - A Multinational Medium

rudy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Elias_K_Grodin #1 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 16:19

Community Number Cruncher

• Verified Military
  • 1394 battles

The T-34-85 Rudy is rather special in that it can do battle for Poland or the U.S.S.R.!

The Tier VI medium tank comes with a Polish Crew by default; the U.S.S.R. Crew can be found in that nation’s Barracks. Both Crews are "zero-Skill" with Brothers in Arms Perks and each includes a canine Crew member.

Historically, the T-34 was one of the most reliable tanks in World War II, and the vehicle variant was prominently featured in a popular Polish TV series, "Four Tank-Men and a Dog" (1966-70). In-game, the vehicle has custom markings, including "Rudy" scrawled on the hull and handprints on the barrel.

Get the details on the bundle here!

Casual_Boops #2 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 16:30

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 41565 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
Rudy is a solid tank, for anyone on the fence. I will say that the nation-switching feature totally borks your stats when you switch nations, but otherwise the tank itself is a good one. It moves like a T-34-85M with a turbo.

Necrophore #3 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 32846 battles
"Reliable." :teethhappy:

Altwar #4 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 64677 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostCasual_Boops, on Sep 01 2021 - 07:30, said:

Rudy is a solid tank, for anyone on the fence. I will say that the nation-switching feature totally borks your stats when you switch nations, but otherwise the tank itself is a good one. It moves like a T-34-85M with a turbo.

Elaborate on "borks your stats when you switch nations", if you will.  

Is there one stat count for when the Rudy is crewed with Polish crewmembers and a different count for Russian?

Or is it not counting for one nationality but it is for the other?

Does the food consumable have to change each time the crew is swapped out?

gpc_4 #5 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 50054 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Honestly, it's a great bundle just for the two 0th skill BIA crews.

Casual_Boops #6 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 19:46

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 41565 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View PostAltwar, on Sep 01 2021 - 11:07, said:

Elaborate on "borks your stats when you switch nations", if you will.  

Is there one stat count for when the Rudy is crewed with Polish crewmembers and a different count for Russian?

Or is it not counting for one nationality but it is for the other?

Does the food consumable have to change each time the crew is swapped out?

When you switch nations (from Soviet to Polish, for example) the game erases all the soviet games off your service record and adds them to your service record as a polish tank, so for folks like myself with several hundred Rudy games, what happens when I switch nations is that stat-tracking websites "think" that all the games I've ever played in my Rudy were just played when I clicked the switch nations button... So if you manage to get some unicum stats on your Rudy, I suppose you could flip-flop nations back and forth each month and make your stats look awesome. In my case my Rudy overall stats are mediocre (I was learning to play when I played some of those games) so if I switch nations it drags things down quite substantially. 

View Postgpc_4, on Sep 01 2021 - 12:05, said:

I completely agree.

UnitG2 #7 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 20:18

Captain

• Players
  • 41118 battles
  • [88MPH] 88MPH

View Postgpc_4, on Sep 01 2021 - 10:05, said:

Exactly. Until Crew 2.0x, 0-skill BIA crews will train skills in half the time/XP. Since levels are exponential the bonus is huge.

If you decide to stock up on crews and buy 2 or 3 Rudys, the gold payout for each additional Rudy should be 3100 (looking at Wiki):

https://wiki.wargami...117_T34_85_Rudy

(any discount coupons you use will discount gold payout)

Be great if someone can confirm this.

• edit: I purchased a second Rudy yesterday with a 20% coupon and still got the full 3100 compensation.

Pop a 2m crewbook on them just before you move the crew and then train them in the new tank- pick the skills after. If replacing an old not well trained crew, Crew 2.0x will still give you credit/crewbooks for that old crew, in theory.

Also, the lack of a radioman is no big deal, Im only running one radioman per nation anyway so I think the 4 man crew is perfect. The words "great deal" and Wargaming never go together, but this is as close as it gets and is a fun tonk.

Edited by UnitG2, Sep 02 2021 - 15:11.

Altwar #8 Posted Sep 01 2021 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 64677 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostCasual_Boops, on Sep 01 2021 - 10:46, said:

When you switch nations (from Soviet to Polish, for example) the game erases all the soviet games off your service record and adds them to your service record as a polish tank, so for folks like myself with several hundred Rudy games, what happens when I switch nations is that stat-tracking websites "think" that all the games I've ever played in my Rudy were just played when I clicked the switch nations button... So if you manage to get some unicum stats on your Rudy, I suppose you could flip-flop nations back and forth each month and make your stats look awesome. In my case my Rudy overall stats are mediocre (I was learning to play when I played some of those games) so if I switch nations it drags things down quite substantially. 

Have you submitted a ticket or some kind of request?  Seems like Wargaming didn't think everything out when they put this multi-national tank thing together.

I'd be bummed and ticked off if I had that tank and my service record went only one way or the other and didn't drop the way I feel they should, which in this case is stats for the Polish crew being tallied on the Polish side and starts for the Russian being tallied on the Russian side.  I'm going to assume that the tank only gets one daily double and that for whichever crew was in it at the time.  Makes sense and yet is somehow less than satisfying as one crew loses that benefit in favor of the other.   Still curious if you have to use different food consumables for the different crews.

I can say with certainty now that this is a deal breaker for me, not that I was considering the Rudy in the first place.   But if I was, this issue would make me say no.  I want service information to fall for each crew side, not to one.

warrends #9 Posted Sep 02 2021 - 19:33

Major

• Players
  • 24265 battles
Thank you.

aric_1 #10 Posted Sep 17 2021 - 16:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
This has happened on other gaming boards as well. Chrome was used by the majority. They went to Firefox or Microsoft Edge and had no problems. Others were using Firefox and found that switching to Chrome or Microsoft Edge performed better. See what happens if you go to another browser.    cookie clicker 2

Also tagged with rudy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users