Jump to content


STRV K Bundle

Premium Shop STRV K Monetization Tanks Wargaming Premium

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

XCammando #1 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 05:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22457 battles
  • 13
  • [TT-6] TT-6
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013
I just came to notice that Wargaming being the greedy people they are made a nice feature in the STRV K bundle. As you earn a discount on the tank for grinding the missions the amount of things in the bundle decreases so you have less to buy in the bundle. At 10% you can buy 15 training booklets and 1,500,000 credits and have all 3 pieces of equipment. Now at 60% discount I can buy the tank with 900,000 credits and 10 booklets and I'm missing a piece of equipment. Thank you Wargaming for giving us discount by taking things out of the bundle as you grind harder. That not giving a discount that's just taking stuff out  of the bundle to make it cheaper. We didn't earn anything we just lost the stuff they said they would give us. All I can tell you WG is thanks for not caring one ounce about the people that buy stuff in your game and taking advantage of us at every turn. 

GSOR3301_AVR_FS #2 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 05:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1490 battles
  • 1,613
  • [ZAKO] ZAKO
  • Member since:
    10-05-2016
That's.. because you earn parts of the bundle as you progress the marathon. The bundle is as costly as it is because it's all that fluff bunched together, you're earning a discount on it because with each stage of the marathon completed you earn some of those rewards for free, reducing what you're actually paying for (while still receiving said rewards). You can check what each stage earns from the marathon screen. This is like.. the same as every other marathon.

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 06:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 39469 battles
  • 6,390
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostXCammando, on Sep 04 2021 - 04:28, said:

I just came to notice that Wargaming being the greedy people they are made a nice feature in the STRV K bundle. As you earn a discount on the tank for grinding the missions the amount of things in the bundle decreases so you have less to buy in the bundle. At 10% you can buy 15 training booklets and 1,500,000 credits and have all 3 pieces of equipment. Now at 60% discount I can buy the tank with 900,000 credits and 10 booklets and I'm missing a piece of equipment. Thank you Wargaming for giving us discount by taking things out of the bundle as you grind harder. That not giving a discount that's just taking stuff out  of the bundle to make it cheaper. We didn't earn anything we just lost the stuff they said they would give us. All I can tell you WG is thanks for not caring one ounce about the people that buy stuff in your game and taking advantage of us at every turn. 

 

Lol. This is funny.

I'm guessing you didn't notice that, as you progressed through the different levels to earn those discounts, you also earned various "items" (the ones you say appear to be missing) at each step.

 

TBH, I like the way WG does that. It allows players to earn various items progressing through the marathon levels without having to spend a single penny. Some players, even though they know they won't make it through the complete marathon, still partake mainly for those extra little gifts. 

 



Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #4 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 12:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 41490 battles
  • 2,016
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013
You can argue that we started out with a bloated, overpriced bundle, but the marathons have all worked this way and there is nothing sneaky about it. 

The_Pink_Panther #5 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 14:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 1,532
  • [NOLOS] NOLOS
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostCpt_Zapp_Brannigan, on Sep 04 2021 - 05:02, said:

You can argue that we started out with a bloated, overpriced bundle, but the marathons have all worked this way and there is nothing sneaky about it. 


The sneaky part is that WG blatantly keeps moving the goal post(s), to achieve the goal so more people will have to buy it.



Projectile_Misfired #6 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 16:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 39469 battles
  • 6,390
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Sep 04 2021 - 13:55, said:


The sneaky part is that WG blatantly keeps moving the goal post(s), to achieve the goal so more people will have to buy it.

 

What a strange saying. It sounds tremendously inefficient. It would be better to just move the ball.



cloudwalking #7 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 18:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 198 battles
  • 1,822
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

Guys...it's not much of a 'discount' if you grind things that are removed from the bundle.  That's lowering the cost and removing items...not giving a discount.  Yes, I understand you're obtaining all the items.

 

I'm not saying OP is perfectly right here...but this is definitely another shady area WG mislead anyone not really paying attention.  

 

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Sep 04 2021 - 16:55, said:

 

What a strange saying. It sounds tremendously inefficient. It would be better to just move the ball.

 

The analogy is saying that you're the ball.

 

Another way of saying it, thinking about it is you're a race car driving a lap and the finish line keeps getting extended to bait you into more racing.  They move the goal posts to keep you moving as the ball.  My opinion anyway.

 

 

 



wiztaxi #8 Posted Sep 04 2021 - 20:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4331 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
You dont get the cool looking skin at 20 percent discount either. Pretty sad to be honest. Was still 71ish bucks... 

Turbooski #9 Posted Sep 05 2021 - 05:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11728 battles
  • 566
  • [PHASE] PHASE
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013
If you look at the price for tier 8 marathons, for a tier 9 it’s not overpriced….

ZipperDown #10 Posted Sep 05 2021 - 07:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 76310 battles
  • 1,039
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Sep 04 2021 - 14:55, said:


The sneaky part is that WG blatantly keeps moving the goal post(s), to achieve the goal so more people will have to buy it.

exactly 264k in base xp very high and then the missions for mastery geez 40 times for the last part lol yea ok. I got mine for free but i had time /



SKREEBUS #11 Posted Sep 05 2021 - 17:30

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24138 battles
  • 259
  • [ARCH] ARCH
  • Member since:
    07-14-2012
This your first time with marathons? This is how they all work.

redjkent #12 Posted Sep 05 2021 - 17:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 129462 battles
  • 2,510
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014
the person that started this is not very smart you get that stuff each level you complete why would you get a second set if you buy the tank, also for me i got the tank free




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users