Fire

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 00:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13800 battles

Hi Everyone,

If I have my entire crew skilled 100% in firefighting, but don't have any fire extinguishers, do the flames go out sooner?

Also, If I have my entire crew skilled 100% in Repairs, but don't have any tool kit or repair kits, does the tank repair itself sooner?

How long would the tracks repair themselves if I have the entire crew skilled in Repairs?

Thank You

Projectile_Misfired #2 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 39482 battles

I can't give you any specific "time" as to how long a fire will last or how quick your repairs will take, but, yes, fully trained crews in those skills will reduce the time it takes to get over them.

Keep in mind though, with the fire, there IS a few second delay in how long it takes to extinguish. So, you WILL take some fire damage. Even with an "auto-FE", you still take at least a tick of damage before it fires off.

With the repairs, the "new" UI feature actually displays how long it's going to take to repair whatever gets damaged. The biggest advantage of using a Repair Kit (Large or Small) is that you can immediately fix at least one of the damaged modules.

Kramah313 #3 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 00:58

Captain

• Players
  • 11483 battles
Repair skills on the crew is essential for anything that takes hits every battle, like a heavy. And it’s good on mediums too. It’s also good on other things, but on them camo might be preferable. But the key is that it will take the time required for track repair from 10-12 seconds down to 3-5 seconds depending on your tank (they’re not all the same, and I don’t know how to predict which one will be which). This will allow you not to burn a repair kit sometimes when you’re tracked, saving it for when your ammo rack gets hit instead. 

dunniteowl #4 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 01:10

Major

• Players
  • 39107 battles

OP

View Postsnailcrusher, on Sep 05 2021 - 17:41, said:

Hi Everyone,

If I have my entire crew skilled 100% in firefighting, but don't have any fire extinguishers, do the flames go out sooner?

Also, If I have my entire crew skilled 100% in Repairs, but don't have any tool kit or repair kits, does the tank repair itself sooner?

How long would the tracks repair themselves if I have the entire crew skilled in Repairs?

Thank You

Crew Skill: Firefighting

The Firefighting Skill improves the crew member's ability to put out a fire, should a vehicle ever be unlucky enough to be in such a situation. The Firefighting Skill takes effect immediately when the vehicle catches fire. The higher the Training Level for this Skill, the faster a fire is put out and the less the amount of damage per second the fire does to the vehicle before it is extinguished. The Firefighting Skill does NOT reduce the chances of a vehicle catching on fire in the first place. The Firefighting Skill is a common Skill which each one of the crew members on a single vehicle may acquire. The effective Firefighting Skill Training Level is averaged across the entire crew. If only one crewman in a crew of 4 has this Skill at 80% Training Level then the effectiveness upon the vehicle's fire fighting performance is (80+0+0+0)/4 or 20%.

Firefighting Skills are more useful for large vehicles that can stand to take some damage before being utterly destroyed, but purchasing the player controlled and consumable Manual or Automatic Fire Extinguisher is generally more effective in preventing fire from spreading to other modules or destroying the vehicle.

To answer your initial question:  Yes, it goes out sooner IF you accept that NOT having the Firefighting Skill trained on ANY crew member means the fire will burn itself out (usually once all your tank's HP are gone).  So, technically, yes, if your crew is 100% skilled (all crew) the fire will go out faster than without the skills or without them being fully trained.  You will ALSO take less damage overall the more trained your crew is in Firefighting.

That said, that fire will NOT go out faster than if you used a Manual or Auto Fire Extinguisher.

Sadly, while you will clear it out faster than without it, there is no indication on WG's part how much of a difference that is and how effective it is with two out of four crew members, say, having the skill, compared to all the crew or none of the crew.  We simply do not know the amount of damage per 'tick' is done with 0% vs 100% or if there is even a linear progression based on overall Crew level.

As you can see from the quoted bit above from here:  Crew: Skills and Perks, a single person at 80% in a crew of four is averaged out to a total of 20% Crew Skill for the Tank.  From that you can INFER that your fire will go out 20% faster and do some amount of damage per tick that is LESS than without any training at all.  How much that particular bit is, is not known by us.

Crew Skill: Repair

The Repair Skill improves a crew member's ability to repair a module that has been damaged or knocked out. The Repair Skill effect is cumulative with that of any installed Toolbox equipment. The higher this Skill's Training Level the faster repairs are completed. The Repairs effect starts as soon as a module is damaged. The Repair Skill is a common Skill which each one of the crew members on a single vehicle may acquire. The effective Repairs Skill Training Level is averaged across the entire crew. If only one crewman in a crew of 4 has this Skill at 80% Training Level then the effectiveness upon the vehicle's Repairs performance is (80+0+0+0)/4 or 20%. 100% of repair skill on all crew members probably increases repair speed for about 50% (detailed information is not provided).

Quick repairs are essential for vehicles where returning to operational condition as quickly as possible is paramount, such as fast tanks which rely on their speed or heavy tanks, which take a long time to repair.

Again, technically, without any Repair Skill at all on your crew, your tank WILL repair faster with crew members trained, so your question's answer is, again, tecnically, "Yes."  That said, having a repair kit, either Large or Small, allows you to restore it to 100% full working order with a button press or two.  Also, if you have to repair a module, even with full 100% Repair on all Crew, you can only repair a module to 50%, which means another shot is likely to destroy that module again.

The higher your crew's overall Repair Skill is, the faster your crew can repair a damaged module.  As you approach 100% repair for your crew, the repair time is shortened, however, this is -- again -- something WG is quite reluctant to elaborate or detail than what is in the wiki.

I generally try to start off with at least one crew member using Repair or Firefighting when possible.  Initially, depending on Class of vehicle, I start with most crew getting Concealment, because the harder you are to spot, the better off you are.

Hope you find all that helpful or useful, hopefully both.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Draschel #5 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 02:13

Captain

• Players
  • 2074 battles

If you are using fire fighting skill, which really isn't a bad tactic with more experienced crew loadouts, USE TWO MORE ITEMS.

First, what you want to do is run firefighting directive. This improves firefighting more so. Secondly, ditch fire extinguisher and run rations consumable

As for the query, fire fighting skill both reduces duration of fire 'ticks' damage taken, and reduces sustained damage of each 'tick'

Sadly, fire fighting does not prevent fires in any way like auto fire extinguisher or preventative maintenance. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users