Why can't arty platoon together?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

_Hatsune__Miku_ #161 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 12:32

Captain

• Players
  • 42325 battles

View PostTastyPastry, on Sep 12 2021 - 23:43, said:

I don't think the circular arguments are made either by arty players or by arty haters. Obviously nobody is going to agree. I don't think any arty player is going to agree with my opinion that the only reason players play arty is because they're terrible at everything else and need a crutch. 

on the contrary I think mediums are the ez go to tank in this game...

they have amazing cammo decent armor and can out dpm most tanks...

you can shine in them with very minimal skill

_Hatsune__Miku_ #162 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 12:42

Captain

• Players
  • 42325 battles

View PostCasual_Boops, on Sep 11 2021 - 18:43, said:

Nobody with an attitude as toxic as yours gets to wear my clan tag. Adios.

good God talk about me, myself and I attitude.. so because the guy have a different vision about a tactical piece he is expelled from a clan.. lol talk about maturity.

he deserves better than your crap clan and we definitely  deserve better  judgement when a CC tag is handed to a person...

you are contributing nothing to this forum just toxicity...

Dishonest_John #163 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8442 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN
Due to the volume of input, you guys are making the mods actually read the posts. Stop it:trollface:

Kliphie_Reborn #164 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 15:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View PostDishonest_John, on Sep 13 2021 - 09:12, said:

Due to the volume of input, you guys are making the mods actually read the posts. Stop it:trollface:

Evidently not.  Or calling people who disagree with you fascist brownshirts is ok with them. 

Dishonest_John #165 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 15:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8442 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

View PostCasual_Boops, on Sep 10 2021 - 12:50, said:

Go back and read the posts I wrote. I play the game and make content for the game because I like the game (in spite of arty). Artillery does not belong in the game for reasons I've already said in this thread

This is the kind of thing that gets people banned. Why don't we ask WhineMaker how posting things like this worked for him?

Oh wait, we can't, because he's banned. Also, there is nuance being presented that you are ignoring. 

View PostCasual_Boops, on Sep 11 2021 - 18:43, said:

Nobody with an attitude as toxic as yours gets to wear my clan tag. Adios.

No, most people get forum banned because some gum-snapping kid wants to be on a powertrip and impress someone in WG while sucking up for a loser job or free stuff.
As a representative of WG, calling out a customer being banned in the forums is against TOS and your position.  Bad form...dude.

But to the point, Your childish actions of kicking a clan member in public instead of discussing it in private shows your immaturity.
Good job WG. Another kid on a power trip in a digital pixel game world were nothing is real.

Edited by Dishonest_John, Sep 13 2021 - 15:24.

Trauglodyte #166 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 28690 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostTastyPastry, on Sep 13 2021 - 05:43, said:

I don't think the circular arguments are made either by arty players or by arty haters. Obviously nobody is going to agree. I don't think any arty player is going to agree with my opinion that the only reason players play arty is because they're terrible at everything else and need a crutch. 

I would agree, that there are some players like that.  There are very old people, folks with disabilities, etc. that play artillery because it is easier.  There are artillery players that only play it, to your point, because they're horrible at everything else and even some that do it just to piss off other players.  And I imagine, though I don't know the numbers (and I doubt anyone really does), that there were artillery players that used XVM to purposely focus, and as a biproduct, grief opposing players.

What I wonder, though, is what do you think of players like Dr. Nix or ElPuffmo and others that are super unicums in artillery?  Both of those players are artillery mains and they both trounce people, no matter what.  I imagine that they'd both be amazing, in other tanks.  But, they chose to play artillery AND they excelled at it, to an extreme.

WarGaming could remove artillery, today, and it would be a great game.  I don't think that any of us would say otherwise.  Nothing would change and no beat would be lost.  I don't think that WarGaming has the want, forethought, capabilities, or balls, to do it.  So, we're going to continue down this road of trying to shoehorn it into a somewhat acceptable nature, so that the FPS type players can feel less impacted and they can enjoy being ultra aggressive.  It will hurt artillery player but those that enjoy it will continue to play it while the chaffe get naturally selected out of the equation.  At some point, these conversations will need to stop because we all need to realize that, no matter what we say or how loud it gets said, WarGaming will only do what they want to do and will only listen to the macro aspect of the problem.  They could give 2 craps, about the player base - as seen through the latest shenanigans going on with WoWS, and will make business decisions that net them more money.  THAT is what grinds me the most.  You and could sit down and talk this out, while agreeing and disagreeing with things, and then poll the community and come up with the absolute perfect compromise that would benefit the game for years to come and WG would ignore it because "they know better" (in their minds).  So, this isn't a circular argument case of beating a dead horse.  This is us screaming at deaf greedy wannabe oligarchs and them caring not one iota.

dunniteowl #167 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 37521 battles

View PostTastyPastry, on Sep 12 2021 - 14:47, said:

The arguments for an against arty have been made thousands of times on this forum. However, if you plug your ears and close your eyes every time you see an argument against arty, I guess you can claim to have seen zero arguments against arty. 

I said, an argument that relies on logic, facts and avoids being tied to one's FEELS.

That argument has YET to cross paths with the forums, ever.

And again, this is just based on people's FEELINGS.  No-one has been able to prove that arty is: Broken, OP, Ruins the game.  Not ONCE in all this time.  I have actually looked at many of the statements the anti-arty folks use to 'justify' the 'rightness' of their position and it ALL fails to be able to be classed as actual, fact based on the unit, logic.

It's rationalizations, false statements of opinion that go to the players, not the unit (which is a first sign that people are not actually using logic or making a valid point) and pretty much all the folks that post in this manner use a very selective set of languaging that only attacks the character, intelligence, parentage, motives or intent of the PLAYER, not the unit.

I have had to conclude, therefore, that it's really all about Ego-driven Need to Be Right in this 'argument.'  And while, yes, this argument has gone on a long time, I have asked for this valid, rational, logic and fact based argument to be presented and it has been 100% LACKING in presence.

Please try to answer full sentences with proper responses.  Cherry picking one or two words out of a sentence is not only inappropriate, it is disingenuous in the extreme.  It also points to those responding having no actual basis other than feels from which to attempt to make their 'points' in this stupid, childish and silly 'argument.'

Sadly, the worst part is that those players engaging in this 'argument' on the anti-arty side tend, in the large main, to be very ugly when it comes to being civil.

I'm not ever putting my fingers in my ears.  What I have done is listen over almost 7 years to a bunch of man children complaining and whinging about a game piece and in so doing, avoid any attempt at logic, reason, civility or even a simple NOD to being polite.  There are exceptions to the general attitude displayed by the anti-arty folks, but they are EXCEPTIONS that are few and far between.

It's not difficult to paint with a broad brush the general indications of the anti-arty crowd.  They are vocal, rude, intemperate, fail to use logic and reason in their complaints and completely fail at being civil, polite or even respectful of folks when they come here to make their 'arguments.'

I am not necessarily Pro-Arty.  I don't mind it when I'm not in one and when I'm in one, I recognize what I'm up against as a support unit.  Most times, my heavy use is predicated on having a slow boat computer made when the game first came out that isn't designed for higher games, good graphics or has a speedy internet.

However, since I started playing this game, I have played all five classes from as many nations as I can manage to deal with using my rig.  They were intended to be in the game.  It's an Indirect Fire unit, so it has to use different rules (like that argument even makes sense as far as that goes, it's indirect fire so it HAS to 'play' by different rules, duh) and, when it comes to battle type games, there are pretty much ALWAYS some units most folks hate for the few abilities they have that make them 'stand out' from time to time.

I will also completely admit that the arty hatred so often spewed into these forums by otherwise sane people (and here I'm being generous by providing the benefit of the doubt) who literally come unglued when it comes to arty fills me with a desire to play it, just to get the PsyOps factor going for me.  If those folks are so bent over arty, then making sure it's there to annoy them is a leg up for my team.

This hatred.  By adults.  Playing a game.  Over a game piece.  Getting so bent out of shape that some folks get vengeful when someone else offers their unvarnished opinion of how silly they are actually being over it.  It's ridiculous to maintain such a point of view and position.

Yeah, I think some maturation chamber time might be necessary for most of them, regardless of their skill at the game, they need some 'growing up' time.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 13 2021 - 17:28.

SwollenOstrich #168 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 18:16

Major

• Players
  • 30962 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

View PostDishonest_John, on Sep 13 2021 - 09:12, said:

View PostKliphie_Reborn, on Sep 13 2021 - 09:17, said:

Evidently not.  Or calling people who disagree with you fascist brownshirts is ok with them. 

I would suggest that anyone who cannot afford a strike to be sure to refrain from jokes about pickles in this thread.

Dishonest_John #169 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 18:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8442 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Sep 13 2021 - 12:16, said:

I would suggest that anyone who cannot afford a strike to be sure to refrain from jokes about pickles in this thread.

:trollface:  ur my coach

KRZYBooP #170 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 20:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5068 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Closing this topic as there is no longer a productive discussion.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users