XVM

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

FZ1_GUNZ #1 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 21:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10139 battles
  • [WTAPZ] WTAPZ
Thinking about reinstalling as I am trying to improve.  I used to use it (before the WG updates) and it was helpful, do you guys still find it be or has wargaming satisfied you with their changes to the vanilla client enough to drop XVM?

moogleslam #2 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 60204 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
I can live without XVM in battle these days, but it's a must have for the garage in my opinion, and I've got about 20 garage mods installed.  Mostly for carousel, filters, auto switching crew, etc.

ratpak #3 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 22:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34275 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I play vanilla, If you want to keep up with your stats https://www.tomato.gg/  actually has real time stats that you can check on after each game.  I usually have it running on my second monitor.

Nonamanadus #4 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 39435 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
Just watch the map and see how the team deploys from the spawn. Best learning feature to use, much more accurate than XVM.

TheRealSerapth #5 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 22:21

Captain

• Players
  • 12568 battles

I’ll go against the popular opinion and say 100% you should install it, it gives you a massive advantage.  Know at a glance who on your team you can’t rely on and know what to expect from the reds.

Just don’t be a whiner or the person who gives up because XVM told you your team was bad.

The biggest thing for me is knowing who the bright red players are and how they are allocated.  That way you can at a glance see if the two tanks your team are down by actually matter.  

NutrientibusMeaGallus #6 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 27012 battles
  • [4FREE] 4FREE

View PostFZ1_GUNZ, on Sep 10 2021 - 15:42, said:

Thinking about reinstalling as I am trying to improve.  I used to use it (before the WG updates) and it was helpful, do you guys still find it be or has wargaming satisfied you with their changes to the vanilla client enough to drop XVM?

At the advice of my guild leader i uninstalled xvm and all other mods. His rationale is they provide too much un needed information and that can actually make you play worse..... My stats have been slowly climbing ever since, and I find the game to be a lot more fun and less stressful without it.

GeorgePreddy_lIl #7 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 22:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 270 battles

I like XVM... I use it... I'm not IN LOVE with it, though. 

I can take it or leave it, but I choose to take it right now, and probably will continue using it unless something changes dramatically.

Projectile_Misfired #8 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 23:13

Major

• Players
  • 39469 battles

View PostFZ1_GUNZ, on Sep 10 2021 - 20:42, said:

Well, now you have me curious.

What part of, or how is, XVM supposed to help you "improve"?

1stOregonVolCavalry #9 Posted Sep 10 2021 - 23:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10539 battles
  • [B-B-T] B-B-T

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Sep 10 2021 - 23:13, said:

For starters, if two routes are tactically similar and if down route one is a tomato and down route two is a purple you can farm the tomato.

As a prior poster noted, if you are down 6 to 9 in tanks you will probably have much different end game tactics if  6 of the 9 are tomatoes compared to 6 of the 9 are purple and be able to maximize your scores.

I don’t use it and I welcome experienced users explaining why the two above scenarios are off base.

On edit, while I think the above scenarios will help the xvm player score more they may not improve the player’s ability outside of getting a bit more playing time and more WG earnings to get more and better gear and supplies.

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #10 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 29583 battles
  • [CLAIM] CLAIM

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Sep 10 2021 - 22:13, said:

It made me hate myself enough to grind harder to be better :^)

then hate myself more when I was a [edited]to other people cause I was angry and their stats were worse.

UnitG2 #11 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 01:04

Captain

• Players
  • 41182 battles
  • [88MPH] 88MPH

View PostFZ1_GUNZ, on Sep 10 2021 - 12:42, said:

... has wargaming satisfied you with their changes to the vanilla client enough to drop XVM?

The Russian UI is still a clunkfest and vanilla is still a complete waste of time. Keep in mind that all the nay-sayers here are talking about one small aspect of XVM, that is logging into the XVM site and activating player stats.

XVM is the only development in this game that is non-adversarial and pro-client. Want to see whats coming to vanilla when WG gets off its azz? Run XVM.

I havent activated the stats in years, maybe once or twice when Im trying to clear out my garage and figure out which tanks arent performing.

If you value your time, run XVM. If you value your fun, dont activate the stats part.

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 01:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 50619 battles
  • [GPARD] GPARD

I don't think the in match components of XVM offer anything helpful, rather set up assumptions.  There are no potato enemies or tomato enemies, they are all to be assumed purple.  Play as if you're countering a purple and you'll find yourself in purple positions doing purple things.  Amy tomatoes and potatoes are just now relegated to easier fodder.

And the inverse is true, unless you know the player, there are no purple allies.  Only the darkest red tomatoes.  That is, don't assume because a player has purple numbers he'll be good.  Assume he'll be a potato and only take risks for them after they, or any teammate, has established they are actually aware of things.  

It's a bit harsh, but I'd you make the habit of putting yourself in positions assuming that teammate will help you, you'll end up disappointed more than not.

XVM not needed, enemies purple, allies tomatoes.  This is true until they give reason to operate otherwise

Saydzhi #13 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 01:38

Captain

• Players
  • 1932 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
I play vanilla and enjoy every moment not stressing over what XVM tells me. 

Minneer_BigSadge #14 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 44431 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK
I have my makeshift xvm if someone Is on my blacklist they are probably terrible and I will play like I'm alone

cloudwalking #15 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 03:52

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

You'll learn more and do better by simply paying attention to your teammates regardless and then applying the mini-map.  

Play the match, not XVM.  I was hard plateaued at around 2k wn8 range until I stopped looking at XVM and just focused on the match.

It's to the point now that I don't need XVM to tell me if someone is good or not.  You learn to look for little clues and it becomes obvious who is 'on the level' real quick.

My recommendation is that if you 'value your time' as someone else put it...then invest time into looking for high level players to spend time with you in a training room and platooning with you.  They are out there.  I used to run a lot of training rooms for anyone interested but I'm pretty inactive these days.  I could probably still be talked into logging on though if it sounded like something you're interested in.

My opinions anyway.

valeman12345 #16 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 04:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14480 battles
  • [BCGC] BCGC
Everyone should playing fresh (vanilla) no XVM...or focusing someone icon colors...instead of the game. XVM encourages some pro player to be more toxic in the match (like camping to save their high service record stats making team lose) and chat

Edited by valeman12345, Sep 11 2021 - 05:06.

Minneer_BigSadge #17 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 44431 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK

View Postvaleman12345, on Sep 11 2021 - 04:45, said:

Everyone should playing fresh (vanilla) no XVM...or focusing someone icon colors...instead of the game. XVM encourages some pro player to be more toxic in the match (like camping to save their high service record stats making team lose) and chat

Wow a 3k pr player making good players sound bad shocker

Deputy276 #18 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 23285 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
I still use it. It's good for laughs if nothing else. Laugh at MM as you can pretty much tell which side will win and if it will be a landslide or a close match. Usually a landslide. The hidden stats thing is a joke, since players that use it can either be really good or really bad. So it isn't much of an indicator. 

moogleslam #19 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 60204 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Postvaleman12345, on Sep 10 2021 - 23:45, said:

Statements like this leave people confused about what XVM is.

XVM is not just colors indicating players skill.  In fact, that's just one of hundreds of features it adds to the game, and running that part of is completely optional.  I recommend that players do not run that part, but if you need to add a clock to the battle screen or garage, and you use XVM to add that, is that a reason not to run it?  No, of course not.  As I mentioned above, you can run ONLY garage mods, and there are hundreds of those as well; mods that do nothing on the actual battle field. 

XVM is amazing.  Wargaming know this, which is why they keep adding mods from it to their own out of the box client.

moogleslam #20 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 60204 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostDeputy276, on Sep 11 2021 - 10:26, said:

Laugh at MM as you can pretty much tell which side will win and if it will be a landslide or a close match. Usually a landslide. The hidden stats thing is a joke, since players that use it can either be really good or really bad. So it isn't much of an indicator. 

Am I missing something, or is this a whole lot of of contradiction? 

You're relying on the XVM Win Chance, then you're saying that players using anonymizer can either be really good or really bad?  Yeah, if you have 5 purple players on Team1, and they're all using anonymizer, then no one on Team2 is using anonymizer, you might see that Team2 has an 80% chance to win.  But you think Team1 is going to lose because this now broken feature of XVM told you so?

Win Chance has been completely useless since anonymizer was introduced, and that's one of the best things ever.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users