XVM

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

TheRealSerapth #41 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 22:24

Captain

• Players
  • 12568 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Sep 14 2021 - 19:51, said:

Yes, you are most definitely missing something. WHERE did I say I use XVM win chance to tell a win or loss? I don't. MM is NOT based on colors or stats. It's based on tank type. X-number of certain tanks matched up against X number of the opponents tanks of the same type. It's the match-up of of those tanks where you get your laughs. Like have a tier 8 IS-6 matched up against a tier 8 Defender. Terrible match-up. Yet quite common. For some strange reason MM will set up a  whole team with excellent/OP vehicles vs a team with pure garbage.  As to the colors of the players....read my signature line for what i think about that. :D

Guarantee, no, but past experience is the single best indicator we have, from WoT to picking stocks.  Ignoring performance history is just stupid.

Plus like Moogle said, I'll take a good player in a bad tank over a bad player in a good tank any day.  Hell I was just out of a match where a IS 6 slaughtered a T56 without taking damage.  

valeman12345 #42 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 01:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14480 battles
  • [BCGC] BCGC

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Sep 13 2021 - 12:28, said:

People think it's XVM, but like I said, as someone who is running XVM a lot of times I see it happen and I literally can't puzzle out why. 

This was literally my last match (so I still had the replay to screenshot) and this is what happened.  As you can see, our team actually had the advantage.

So... was it being bottom tier?  I dunno...  but in this case at least it certainly wasn't XVM.

This why Wargaming WoT shall force players to play like a Vanilla player while in match (no in match game mods allouded in match). Look at those unnecessary extra information. Anonymizer should be removed at the same due to concerns. Very disgusting use this like cheat tool from most pro players "who always brags about their win rates numbers that just for show" then become toxic on forums and in game. Then says something like "blame others"...f off with that,.Wargaming  WoT best to move forward to make players as equal (fresh/vanilla) (no game in match mods, no optional crap) and we wont have people calling it rigged MM.

Edited by valeman12345, Sep 15 2021 - 01:23.

Mojo_Blueman #43 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 01:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 61 battles

View Postvaleman12345, on Sep 15 2021 - 01:05, said:

This why Wargaming WoT shall force players to play like a Vanilla player while in match (no in match game mods allouded in match). Look at those unnecessary extra information. Anonymizer should be removed at the same due to concerns. Very disgusting to use this a cheat tool from most pro players "who always brags about their win rates numbers that just for show" then become toxic on forums and in game.

English please. None of what you said makes sense nor would WG do that. So keep blaming others for your failure to become better. 

Jer1413 #44 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 13:51

Major

• Players
  • 56320 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View Postvaleman12345, on Sep 14 2021 - 20:05, said:

we wont have people calling it rigged MM.

Like that will ever happen...

SimplyPzB2 #45 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 19:59

Captain

• Players
  • 106 battles

View PostFZ1_GUNZ, on Sep 10 2021 - 21:42, said:

Thinking about reinstalling as I am trying to improve.  I used to use it (before the WG updates) and it was helpful, do you guys still find it be or has wargaming satisfied you with their changes to the vanilla client enough to drop XVM?

No, keep using xvm.  It still has the best in-garage mods, it still has the best in-battle hit logs, and you get the skill of all players shown in-battle.

FZ1_GUNZ #46 Posted Sep 21 2021 - 22:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10139 battles
  • [WTAPZ] WTAPZ

View PostDeath_on_2_Treads, on Sep 12 2021 - 03:39, said:

XVM has it uses. It has garage components that make it useful. it has  different ways to display stats, battle icons, reticles, automatic last crew return, better zooming features then vanilla and on and on the list goes. It provides you with a certain amount of information which it useful in battle. If I'm in a battle with a purple player facing me, I'll play him accordingly, but If I'm facing a guy with a 300 win8, that's a different fight. You can bait him, you can get him to expose himself, he might even just rush you after he can't pen you in frustration, all things no purple player would probably do. You can take chances with a 300 win8 player you wouldn't take with a purple player just because he won't make you pay for them as much. Someone s win8 and number of battles tells you something about a player that gives you a bit of an edge. In WW2, Patton certainly wanted to know if he was up against and SS unit or a unit of old men from the reserve. It matters from a strategy standpoint.

The win percentage thing used to be valid and was accurate, but since the anonymizer, it is inaccurate and useless. XVM will only show you the skill level of the people in the battle. Sometimes that makes it pretty obvious how things will turn out, but sometime what is obvious doesn't turn out that way.

What people don't like about XVM? Some people think its a cheat. it isn't. It's approved by WG. Some people don't like that others see their stats. There is an anonymizer. Use it. Problem solved. They don't like that people see the disparity in MM, that some battles are horribly mismatched. Some people play a match that looks hopeless different then one that isn't. Some people try less. Some people drive into a Lake at the start. All things they wouldn't know with out XVM.

This whole thread has been a super helpful discussion.  This reply in particular is why I am going to reinstall XVM later this evening.  I am trying hard to get better at this game, maybe XVM will help me reach the next level and maybe it won't.  Worth a try is what I boiled it down to in my head, I can always uninstall without repercussions.  Thank you ALL for your input.

Also tagged with XVM

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users