XVM

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

TheRealSerapth #21 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 15:48

Captain

• Players
  • 12568 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on Sep 11 2021 - 15:42, said:

Am I missing something, or is this a whole lot of of contradiction? 

You're relying on the XVM Win Chance, then you're saying that players using anonymizer can either be really good or really bad?  Yeah, if you have 5 purple players on Team1, and they're all using anonymizer, then no one on Team2 is using anonymizer, you might see that Team2 has an 80% chance to win.  But you think Team1 is going to lose because this now broken feature of XVM told you so?

Win Chance has been completely useless since anonymizer was introduced, and that's one of the best things ever.

I thought win chance was completely removed?

Jer1413 #22 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 56320 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View Postvaleman12345, on Sep 10 2021 - 23:45, said:

Everyone should playing fresh (vanilla) no XVM...or focusing someone icon colors...instead of the game. XVM encourages some pro player to be more toxic in the match (like camping to save their high service record stats making team lose) and chat

How does "making team lose", "save their high service record" ?

Sounds like a contradiction to me.

Kliphie_Reborn #23 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 15:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on Sep 11 2021 - 09:42, said:

Win Chance has always been completely useless

Fixt   :trollface:

Block Quote

I thought win chance was completely removed?

It's a part of the Aslain mod pack now.  The XVM creators stopped official support quite a while ago.  

Edited by Kliphie_Reborn, Sep 11 2021 - 15:52.

Panzergraf #24 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 16:18

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22555 battles
  • [JUDG] JUDG

View PostJer1413, on Sep 11 2021 - 15:50, said:

How does "making team lose", "save their high service record" ?

Sounds like a contradiction to me.

Because unicums bad and xvm is hacking:angry:

I just run basic XVM, more for the extended features than the in game stats thing (though I do have that activated as well). I just find the XVM hit logs less cluttered than the vanilla client's, and I appreciate minor things such as the garage and battle clock, and seeing what my tank averages are without having to go into the service record.
I'm surprised some modpacks still unclude the win chance thing. It should be pretty obvious to anyone that it won't work right with the anonymizer.

ProfessionalFinn #25 Posted Sep 11 2021 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 36761 battles
  • [GOML] GOML

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 10 2021 - 16:13, said:

I don't think the in match components of XVM offer anything helpful, rather set up assumptions.  There are no potato enemies or tomato enemies, they are all to be assumed purple.  Play as if you're countering a purple and you'll find yourself in purple positions doing purple things.  Amy tomatoes and potatoes are just now relegated to easier fodder.

And the inverse is true, unless you know the player, there are no purple allies.  Only the darkest red tomatoes.  That is, don't assume because a player has purple numbers he'll be good.  Assume he'll be a potato and only take risks for them after they, or any teammate, has established they are actually aware of things.  

It's a bit harsh, but I'd you make the habit of putting yourself in positions assuming that teammate will help you, you'll end up disappointed more than not.

XVM not needed, enemies purple, allies tomatoes.  This is true until they give reason to operate otherwise

This entire forum needs more articulate  and well constructed post like this one,  thanks.

Tobolowsky #26 Posted Sep 12 2021 - 11:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38471 battles
The automatic crew switching alone makes it worthwhile to me.

Death_on_2_Treads #27 Posted Sep 12 2021 - 12:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21690 battles
  • [NYK] NYK

XVM has it uses. It has garage components that make it useful. it has  different ways to display stats, battle icons, reticles, automatic last crew return, better zooming features then vanilla and on and on the list goes. It provides you with a certain amount of information which it useful in battle. If I'm in a battle with a purple player facing me, I'll play him accordingly, but If I'm facing a guy with a 300 win8, that's a different fight. You can bait him, you can get him to expose himself, he might even just rush you after he can't pen you in frustration, all things no purple player would probably do. You can take chances with a 300 win8 player you wouldn't take with a purple player just because he won't make you pay for them as much. Someone s win8 and number of battles tells you something about a player that gives you a bit of an edge. In WW2, Patton certainly wanted to know if he was up against and SS unit or a unit of old men from the reserve. It matters from a strategy standpoint.

The win percentage thing used to be valid and was accurate, but since the anonymizer, it is inaccurate and useless. XVM will only show you the skill level of the people in the battle. Sometimes that makes it pretty obvious how things will turn out, but sometime what is obvious doesn't turn out that way.

What people don't like about XVM? Some people think its a cheat. it isn't. It's approved by WG. Some people don't like that others see their stats. There is an anonymizer. Use it. Problem solved. They don't like that people see the disparity in MM, that some battles are horribly mismatched. Some people play a match that looks hopeless different then one that isn't. Some people try less. Some people drive into a Lake at the start. All things they wouldn't know with out XVM.

UnitG2 #28 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 01:10

Captain

• Players
  • 41182 battles
  • [88MPH] 88MPH

View PostDeath_on_2_Treads, on Sep 12 2021 - 03:39, said:

... There is an anonymizer. Use it. Problem solved. ...

Exactly. Everyone needs to turn on the anonymiser and stop crying.

CamaroSS_2015 #29 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 17:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4433 battles
  • [ZED] ZED

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Sep 10 2021 - 22:21, said:

I’ll go against the popular opinion and say 100% you should install it, it gives you a massive advantage.  Know at a glance who on your team you can’t rely on and know what to expect from the reds.

Just don’t be a whiner or the person who gives up because XVM told you your team was bad.

The biggest thing for me is knowing who the bright red players are and how they are allocated.  That way you can at a glance see if the two tanks your team are down by actually matter.  

That would explain why in some battles, it seemed that some knew we were going to lose...And I could not figure out how they knew that...this explains a lot.

joe...

TheRealSerapth #30 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 18:11

Captain

• Players
  • 12568 battles

View PostOriginalGodWentPunk, on Sep 13 2021 - 17:29, said:

That would explain why in some battles, it seemed that some knew we were going to lose...And I could not figure out how they knew that...this explains a lot.

joe...

I always thought the "GG" or "I'm going to go drown myself" players were XVM users in the face of impossible odds.  Then I installed XVM...

Generally these players are just... what's the word... oh yeah, idiots.  It's not always XVM.  In fact it makes me laugh my [edited]of when I see it and our team is loaded with unicorns.  That said, some people certainly do go doom and gloom when they see how one sided the matchmaker game was.  Just don't assume that a person saying the game is over early is doing so because of XVM.  It's generally just terribad players that got low tier or saw a tank they can't handle.

Fray_Bentos_Lite #31 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 20:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24562 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Noob question here from a plain vanilla no mods player.  Why do players drown themselves at the beginning of a game?  Doesn't that by default make their stats worse?  I have been in countless hopeless losing blowouts but still manage to inflict damage and sometimes I end up as the high scorer on my team and the odd High Caliber in a hopeless losing blowout.  I can actually improve my WoT rating sometimes by just doing well in a hopeless losing blowout loss.

I do not use mods as WoT is plenty buggy and laggy enough without adding anything to the mix (always getting hit by the repair kit failing to activate).  I do post mortems after particularly bad games and often find that 3 marked and otherwise higher rated players play like complete noobs.  Given all the advertising for boosting services and the forum talk about selling/buying accounts I wonder if player statistics are even meaningful in an old game like WoT?

Jer1413 #32 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 56320 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostFray_Bentos_Lite, on Sep 13 2021 - 15:57, said:

Why do players drown themselves at the beginning of a game? 

Because you can't fix stupid.

G_MAN_Joe #33 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 21:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27512 battles
  • [E-WAR] E-WAR

View PostFZ1_GUNZ, on Sep 10 2021 - 14:42, said:

Thinking about reinstalling as I am trying to improve.  I used to use it (before the WG updates) and it was helpful, do you guys still find it be or has wargaming satisfied you with their changes to the vanilla client enough to drop XVM?

I run XVM simply to see who is here. Doesn't matter to me who is higher I just like it. Check my stats by it about twice a week, or anytime I post here.

ProfessionalFinn #34 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 21:25

Major

• Players
  • 36761 battles
  • [GOML] GOML

View PostFray_Bentos_Lite, on Sep 13 2021 - 11:57, said:

Noob question here from a plain vanilla no mods player.  Why do players drown themselves at the beginning of a game?  Doesn't that by default make their stats worse?  I have been in countless hopeless losing blowouts but still manage to inflict damage and sometimes I end up as the high scorer on my team and the odd High Caliber in a hopeless losing blowout.  I can actually improve my WoT rating sometimes by just doing well in a hopeless losing blowout loss.

I do not use mods as WoT is plenty buggy and laggy enough without adding anything to the mix (always getting hit by the repair kit failing to activate).  I do post mortems after particularly bad games and often find that 3 marked and otherwise higher rated players play like complete noobs.  Given all the advertising for boosting services and the forum talk about selling/buying accounts I wonder if player statistics are even meaningful in an old game like WoT?

XVM induced start-of-game suicides appear to be way-down after anonymiser was released.  I usually enable anonymiser for this reason.  Another bennie, platoon requests are much increased.  LOL

TheRealSerapth #35 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 21:28

Captain

• Players
  • 12568 battles

View PostFray_Bentos_Lite, on Sep 13 2021 - 20:57, said:

Noob question here from a plain vanilla no mods player.  Why do players drown themselves at the beginning of a game?  

People think it's XVM, but like I said, as someone who is running XVM a lot of times I see it happen and I literally can't puzzle out why. 

This was literally my last match (so I still had the replay to screenshot) and this is what happened.  As you can see, our team actually had the advantage.

So... was it being bottom tier?  I dunno...  but in this case at least it certainly wasn't XVM.

Cupujoe #36 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 17:57

Major

• Players
  • 11 battles

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Sep 13 2021 - 21:28, said:

People think it's XVM, but like I said, as someone who is running XVM a lot of times I see it happen and I literally can't puzzle out 

So... was it being bottom tier?  I dunno...  but in this case at least it certainly wasn't XVM.

I find a lot of bad players can't handle being bottom tier.  They don't realize that 1) you can get mega experience by damaging higher tier tanks 2) if they were top tier they would have to do more to win.

Says #37 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 18:03

Captain

• Players
  • 22057 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Sep 13 2021 - 18:11, said:

I always thought the "GG" or "I'm going to go drown myself" players were XVM users in the face of impossible odds.  Then I installed XVM...

Generally these players are just... what's the word... oh yeah, idiots.  It's not always XVM.  In fact it makes me laugh my [edited]of when I see it and our team is loaded with unicorns.  That said, some people certainly do go doom and gloom when they see how one sided the matchmaker game was.  Just don't assume that a person saying the game is over early is doing so because of XVM.  It's generally just terribad players that got low tier or saw a tank they can't handle.

This all day.  If you cant use XVM to get the data that you need without driving off a cliff because it looks bad then you are the problem.

1LT_Dwayne #38 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 18:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8100 battles
If WG is to allow players to see others stats in-battle they should make this mod in their platform. Why exactly this is not available to everyone when they install the game? Or they could ban it and it would be a good reason to remove anonymiser. 

Deputy276 #39 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 23285 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postmoogleslam, on Sep 11 2021 - 07:42, said:

Am I missing something, or is this a whole lot of of contradiction? 

You're relying on the XVM Win Chance, then you're saying that players using anonymizer can either be really good or really bad?  Yeah, if you have 5 purple players on Team1, and they're all using anonymizer, then no one on Team2 is using anonymizer, you might see that Team2 has an 80% chance to win.  But you think Team1 is going to lose because this now broken feature of XVM told you so?

Win Chance has been completely useless since anonymizer was introduced, and that's one of the best things ever.

Yes, you are most definitely missing something. WHERE did I say I use XVM win chance to tell a win or loss? I don't. MM is NOT based on colors or stats. It's based on tank type. X-number of certain tanks matched up against X number of the opponents tanks of the same type. It's the match-up of of those tanks where you get your laughs. Like have a tier 8 IS-6 matched up against a tier 8 Defender. Terrible match-up. Yet quite common. For some strange reason MM will set up a  whole team with excellent/OP vehicles vs a team with pure garbage.  As to the colors of the players....read my signature line for what i think about that. :D

moogleslam #40 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 60204 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostDeputy276, on Sep 14 2021 - 14:51, said:

Yes, you are most definitely missing something. WHERE did I say I use XVM win chance to tell a win or loss? I don't. MM is NOT based on colors or stats. It's based on tank type. X-number of certain tanks matched up against X number of the opponents tanks of the same type. It's the match-up of of those tanks where you get your laughs. Like have a tier 8 IS-6 matched up against a tier 8 Defender. Terrible match-up. Yet quite common. For some strange reason MM will set up a  whole team with excellent/OP vehicles vs a team with pure garbage.  As to the colors of the players....read my signature line for what i think about that. :D

So you're almost saying the opposite, but still something that you should draw no conclusions from.  Yes, the Defender is a better tank, but if the Defender is a 45% player, and the IS-6 player is a 55% player, I'll take the IS-6 please.  You just never know, so stop drawing conclusions from any type of line up. 

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users