Crew Training

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

ATruk #21 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 77748 battles

View PostMrYeats, on Sep 13 2021 - 07:09, said:

I do not mind paying to retrain a crewman for changing to different tanks but if he goes back to one already trained in he should not have to pay again for that. I already bought that product. How is it fair to take what I have already paid for away from me?

Consider that we would need only one crew per nation then. Imagine all the crews you have now combined into one. That crew would only have a couple of skills left to grind, and after training be able to move freely to all tanks. End of crew grind. Same super crew for every tank.

As it is, keeping the crew grind is a part of the game with potential income for WG.

I play to destroy enemy tanks in battle, and I also play to "grind" tanks and crew XP. The game would be less interesting without the grind.

Reichmonk #22 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 19:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34744 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

View PostMrYeats, on Sep 13 2021 - 13:24, said:

One thing I think is unfair is in the training of crew. Say for example I have a crewman like a commander on a M4A1 tank and he is 100% trained and I paid 200 gold to get him there. Now I want to move him to a Jackson and pay 200 more to train him to 100% in that tank. 

Now I want to move him back to the M4A1. Why should all his training in that tank disappear and I have to pay all over again. 

I think that once a crewman is trained on a tank, that training should always be in his file and he could move between tanks at will.

View PostAngry_Johnny_Killbillys, on Sep 13 2021 - 13:38, said:

Logically a crew would not forget how to run the old tank an retain that ability. BUT in WGs world they are complete idiots an cant. Because it costs Gold  and typically that cost real money.

View PostAngry_Johnny_Killbillys, on Sep 13 2021 - 15:05, said:

That is a logical approach but...meaning I just negated what I said before the but lol...so many things are not real world based in WoT except things that generate revenue in this case.

You guys are forgetting on thing. However you feel may feel about this, as much as you don't like it, there would be 1000x more complaints if crew would "remember" how to drive previous tanks.

If this was the case, many people, me included, would have only one super crew per nation/line. I don't care about gold/money costs. Then everyone would cry P2W, etc. Trust me, it's for the best the way it is now.

PAVSon #23 Posted Sep 13 2021 - 20:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19047 battles

View PostReichmonk, on Sep 13 2021 - 13:51, said:

You guys are forgetting on thing. However you feel may feel about this, as much as you don't like it, there would be 1000x more complaints if crew would "remember" how to drive previous tanks.

If this was the case, many people, me included, would have only one super crew per nation/line. I don't care about gold/money costs. Then everyone would cry P2W, etc. Trust me, it's for the best the way it is now.

I think it would be somewhat realistic for crew members to have to at least have some "refresher" training. So there could reasonably be a compromise where it cost say 50%? You could get real slick and make it time based where it could be like 25%, 50% and 75% based on the time away. I don't disagree with the concept, but it can't be free or as was said somewhere . . . people would create super crews.

Reichmonk #24 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 04:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34744 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

View PostPAVSon, on Sep 13 2021 - 19:32, said:

I think it would be somewhat realistic for crew members to have to at least have some "refresher" training. So there could reasonably be a compromise where it cost say 50%? You could get real slick and make it time based where it could be like 25%, 50% and 75% based on the time away. I don't disagree with the concept, but it can't be free or as was said somewhere . . . people would create super crews.

You can not look at it from the point of view what would be realistic, in my opinion. Then, a dead crew member would be forever dead, so you need to recruit a new one for the next battle.

And, you are correct, I would be one of those people creating super crews. I actually wish this was a thing. Before T-62a became collectors tank, I've had a separate crew for it, then one for obj. 140, one for 430U, also for t-54, and 430. Those 5 crews would just be one super crew with every single skill, instead of two 5-skill, one 4 skill, and two 3 skill crews. Same for leo pta, leo 1, e-50, e-50m, etc, you get the point. Also, I don't care about how much it would cost, I would still do it, and so would so many other people. Just imagine the storm of cries about P2W.

Engineer777 #25 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 14:18

Captain

• Players
  • 26627 battles
  • [KEA] KEA

View PostReichmonk, on Sep 13 2021 - 23:03, said:

would be realistic, in my opinion. Then, a dead crew member would be forever dead

Lol, you make a good point.

Altwar #26 Posted Sep 14 2021 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 65362 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostReichmonk, on Sep 13 2021 - 10:51, said:

And again, it's not as if the crew forgot how to drive previous tanks.   It's just they've moved on to a new one and are no longer at their top performance level with the former vehicle.   They can still operate it, but at a penalty as it's not the one that is their primary anymore.

Also tagged with Crew, Training

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users