Open letter to WOT players and Claim to WarGaming.net // Carta abierta a los jugadores de WOT y Recl...

Quality of Play

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Oruckk #61 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 15:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [OTU] OTU

View Post_Hatsune__Miku_, on Sep 15 2021 - 08:48, said:

although I could not find any data to backup this argument, I am pretty sure games lasted 7+ minutes 2 to 3+ years ago. Nowadays games are decided in about three minutes the rest of the time is just running after the last campers in a corner that will not define the outcome of the match. Before we were able to buy premium ammo with credits there were times were two tanks would be locked firing each other for a very long time just to hold a an important flank without receiving any damage(sacred valley map comes to mind for this)

TLDR I think is incorrect to say that matches average 5-7 minutes nowadays because they are usually decided on the first three minutes.

Truer words have never been written. I take my hat off

Cupujoe #62 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 15:59

Major

• Players
  • 11 battles

View Post_Hatsune__Miku_, on Sep 15 2021 - 15:32, said:

so to you the game is fine as is as long as there are tanks that can hide and stretch the time? I just cant understand your logic...

That's not what he said. 

He is correct that you can't arbitrarily pick when the battle is over.  It's over when the victory or defeat sign comes up.

extracheesey #63 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 16:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 228 battles
I'm sure battles took longer when tier 6 had to fight tier 9, when gold rounds were seldom used because they cost gold and when everyone was humping a rock to avoid the multitude of arty.  Games took longer but weren't really any better. 

_Hatsune__Miku_ #64 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 16:50

Captain

• Players
  • 43135 battles

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Sep 15 2021 - 09:34, said:

You're not using any logic.

at this point I just believe you are just arguing for the heck of it... the topic is the state of the game and how the OP is frustrated by the fact the matches are decided on the firs 2-3 minutes with the rest of the time just being a struggle by a few.

Which is exactly my same point that just because there is a single player left trying to avoid being killed doesn't add anything to the bad state of the game period. You can argue all you want that the match ends when you see the win/lost message the reality is the match was over well before that. Like I stated before its just a waste of time

I_QQ_4_U #65 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 30503 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View Post_Hatsune__Miku_, on Sep 15 2021 - 16:50, said:

at this point I just believe you are just arguing for the heck of it...

TBH I was thinking the same thing about you or else you're just utterly dense.

_Hatsune__Miku_ #66 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:22

Captain

• Players
  • 43135 battles

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Sep 15 2021 - 11:16, said:

TBH I was thinking the same thing about you or else you're just utterly dense.

when you can win an argument you turn to insult...I guess all your clan is full of the same type of individuals... I will certainly avoid replying to anyone with your clan tag

I_QQ_4_U #67 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 30503 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View Post_Hatsune__Miku_, on Sep 15 2021 - 17:22, said:

when you can win an argument you turn to insult...I guess all your clan is full of the same type of individuals... I will certainly avoid replying to anyone with your clan tag

I'm hurt.

Strig_997ms_brain #68 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 347 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Glad that wotlabs keep legacy stats for reset accounts 

Waylandie #69 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25623 battles

View PostOruckk, on Sep 15 2021 - 15:15, said:

Thanks for the information! My account was reset. If you enter my profile within the game you will see that my account was created in 2013. Upon reaching 30,000 battles, request to restart it. I appreciate your interest in me, but those kinds of decisions are made by wargaming

So you requested a reroll, co you can make your stats look better.   And after 30k games you still don't understand how the game works, and are posting this because you're worried your reroll account is going to look just as bad.  Seems like the issues are all on your end sir.  

Strig_997ms_brain #70 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 347 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostWaylandie, on Sep 15 2021 - 17:35, said:

So you requested a reroll, co you can make your stats look better.   And after 30k games you still don't understand how the game works, and are posting this because you're worried your reroll account is going to look just as bad.  Seems like the issues are all on your end sir.  

He either requested an account reset or as his post is worded, likely received a penalization severe enough to wipe his account, which has known to happen to certain individuals doing less than EULA friendly things

Oruckk #71 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [OTU] OTU

View Post_Hatsune__Miku_, on Sep 15 2021 - 13:22, said:

it is certainly a pleasure to read your comments. I appreciate your respect and reasoning when speaking o7

Oruckk #72 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 17:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [OTU] OTU

View PostStrig_997ms_brain, on Sep 15 2021 - 13:33, said:

if you can see my account before the reset it would be better. I had approximately 30,000 battles

Oruckk #73 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 18:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [OTU] OTU

View PostWaylandie, on Sep 15 2021 - 13:35, said:

effectively, I requested that my account be reset to be able to use it. By not using it, I realized that it had been stolen when I received a ban email from it

like so many other players I had gotten bored of playing and wanting to get back to the game I found the news

I hope that with these statements there will no longer be anyone who has more doubts because I am tired of talking about myself. You shouldn't give any more explanations about anything personal.

MMI_SPI #74 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 19:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28215 battles

View PostKorvick, on Sep 15 2021 - 00:58, said:

Games NEVER lasted 12-13 minutes on average.  And games today are rarely over within 2.30 minutes.   If you are implying that "the game is over" in the first few minutes because the tide has shifted or whatever, that is completely subjective and cannot be used as a metric.  I have seen plenty of games where a 3 or 4 tank deficit in the first two minutes can still be brought back. 

All this is is a combination of confirmation bias and simple herd mentality.  You hear a CC complain about a honeymoon period for new prem tanks and all of a sudden it becomes fact.  You hear the word patent on MM and all of a sudden it becomes "proof" that WG are rigging games.  Somebody here says, "games are faster" and all of a sudden it's become the reason why the game is going downhill.  Even though there have been multiple people who have used ACTUAL FACTS that refute this assertion.

People seeing a 49% win prediction on XVM and going "oh we are going to lose" and proceed to play like idiots are just as likely to cause faster games as much as anything else.  Which btw, is NOTHING to do with the game and everything to do with idiot sheep.

You didnt read. And 5 tanks deficit after after 2:30 is enough to call it a quit, when you can identify what players/tanks you have left against players/tanks/platoon the enemy has left.

You spit too much sh*t out of your mouth for someone who use "ACTUAL FACTS". Keep your XVM excuse for yourself, I don't use that mod anyway.

Oruckk #75 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 19:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [OTU] OTU

View PostMMI_SPI, on Sep 15 2021 - 15:15, said:

You didnt read. And 5 tanks deficit after after 2:30 is enough to call it a quit, when you can identify what players/tanks you have left against players/tanks/platoon the enemy has left.

You spit too much sh*t out of your mouth for someone who use "ACTUAL FACTS". Keep your XVM excuse for yourself, I don't use that mod anyway.

Please! Education to speak is everything. Measure your words

redjkent #76 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 133418 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
maybe my skill level right now is much higher, i dont know but i have way more fun with this game now then i did the first few years i was playing but thats just me so maybe others are no longer having fun

Waylandie #77 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 20:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25623 battles

View PostOruckk, on Sep 15 2021 - 18:00, said:

effectively, I requested that my account be reset to be able to use it. By not using it, I realized that it had been stolen when I received a ban email from it

like so many other players I had gotten bored of playing and wanting to get back to the game I found the news

I hope that with these statements there will no longer be anyone who has more doubts because I am tired of talking about myself. You shouldn't give any more explanations about anything personal.

Your account isn't private.  Stats are posted on several websites.  And honestly I don't care why you reset your account.  You're asking for SBMM, without putting any thought into a SBMM system.  Be careful what you wish for, because I promise you won't like a SBMM system.

XXBuckShot #78 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 20:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4847 battles

Here is a screenshot from my 1st battle of the day. A 1st tier battle in which I ended up with the 3rd most in damage and XP out of all the players in the battle. I got no kills after firing 17 rounds and while scoring 11 hits. The big shooter was on my team with 7 kills...we did get the victory. But people want to complain about the new players screwing up play in the higher tiers. I'd like to ask how the player in my screenshot helps the MM in any way? Is he not screwing up my game? How am I suppose to get the XP or stats I need to advance in this game if I have to compete with guys like this? Notice the skill level of my crew. I'm sure the player in question has a fully trained crew with several skills also I might add. 

Why are these players allowed to do this?! Does WG think the new player with 150 total battles ...or less, have a snowball chance in hell with competing with this? As far as I'm concerned, I feel like I'm being cheated out of awards, XP and credits by having to out perform someone who clearly has the huge advantage over me. It wouldn't matter to me if this was a once in a while thing, but it's a everyday and every battle type of thing. I called the player out on the fact and his only response was that he "liked clubbing baby seals". It's one thing to be up against these experienced players and crews in the high tiers...I would expect that...that's a given. But to be subjected to the types in the 1st friiken tier is just not right. Why would someone new want to put up with this. Most don't even know how to look at a other players stats much less figure out a way to beat him. 

<a href='https://i.imgur.com/kI51kx9.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='' rel='nofollow'>https://i.imgur.com/kI51kx9.jpg</a>

XXBuckShot #79 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4847 battles
So when you people complain about the MM or the "unskilled" playing at the higher tiers, just remember the fubar MM is half the players fault at the very least (so stop blaming WG constantly) and the players stinking up the gameplay ain't all on the new players. The experienced players are just as guilty of this game going to hell in a handbasket. Ask yourself, what are you doing to help improve things in the game. 

Waylandie #80 Posted Sep 15 2021 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25623 battles

View PostXXBuckShot, on Sep 15 2021 - 21:07, said:

So when you people complain about the MM or the "unskilled" playing at the higher tiers, just remember the fubar MM is half the players fault at the very least (so stop blaming WG constantly) and the players stinking up the gameplay ain't all on the new players. The experienced players are just as guilty of this game going to hell in a handbasket. Ask yourself, what are you doing to help improve things in the game. 

With 5k battles, why are you still playing in tier 1?  You're just as bad as the other guy. 

Also tagged with Quality of Play

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users