Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

xWulfx #1 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 16:48

Private

• Players
  • 4894 battles
  • [B_T_T] B_T_T
I'm a sorta new player still i have 4000 ish games played but it seems that when i play the matchmaking pairs me with players who have 50k plus games played on the other team and i just lose 90% of my games throughout the day and its very frustrating for me. How am i suppose to learn and have fun when i have people who have 50k or more games on me seal clubbing me to death in clan and ranked and reward tanks all day.

Lord_Smaug #2 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 17:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 752 battles
You got over 47% win rate which for the battles played is actually fairly decent for a newish player especially in the toxic meta these days. That said just focus on improving and you'll find yourself doing the seal clubbing especially when the MM gifts an automatic win with there being piles of 44% bots on the opposing team.

dunniteowl #3 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 38977 battles

OP, I got some bad news for you.

You're going to feel like this most of the time, no matter what tier you're playing or how long you've been playing.  If these forums are any gauge, there are folks who've been playing for 10 years who are still complaining that more experienced players are still kicking their backsides to the curb.

As to, "...How am i suppose to learn and have fun when i have people who have 50k or more games on me seal clubbing me to death..." you just have to keep at it and learn.

Look:

Each match is practice for the next match.

The last match is a lesson to take to the next match.

The next match is a chance to do better than the last match.

I don't want to minimize how HARD and BRUTAL the New Player Experience is, because in all my gaming life (I've been playing games since before there were video games, I design RPGs and Board War Games and grew up on board games and pinball) I have yet to see a New Player Experience as AWFUL as WG's in World of Tanks.

That said, we all got through it.  Not a single one of the players that are going to respond to you escaped this process.  They all got through it and some folks got through it, excelled and championed their way to their current level of 'success.'  In short, if they can do it, you can, too.  Better yet, most of us who HAVE gone through this process didn't have all the advantages you have today.

Most importantly, though, you need to have some reference material to help you through this.  To that end, I offer to you, your very own digital copy of:

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

In this package are contained pretty much ALL the things you must learn or come to know over time that will help you be a better tanker.  I didn't make all this stuff up, no sir.  I USED all this stuff (well, to be fair and in the sense of Full Disclosure, some of this stuff was created AFTER I put the Package together, so I didn't actually use ALL of it) to help me get through what you're now going through.

There are people here in the forums who will help you out as well -- as long as you're asking for help and not just complaining and bemoaning your situation.

Taking a quick peek at your profile page I see you've already pushed up to tier X and made some efforts from tier I to tier X.  You should probably drop down a few tiers and leave the upper tiers alone for a bit and start practicing and learning around tiers V -- VII and remain there for a bit. 

Two primary reasons:

It's very expensive to 'learn' at tier X.  If you are not playing well, you will be losing credits while you learn.

The mid tiers are more forgiving of mistakes and allows you to earn credits and XP without having to replenish your credits with actual spending of cash.

You mentioned Seal Clubbing.  As long as you're NOT in tiers I, II or III, then you are not being Seal Clubbed.  If you want to claim a Newb Player status, then being in the upper tiers is NOT going to give you much credibility when you start talking about being Seal Clubbed.  Hey, you swam there, no current or force of pressure made you go to those tiers -- that's 100% on you to deal with in an honest and clear manner.

When you get down to it, you have three real choices in this game:

Play the way you are, complain and change nothing, increasing your frustration and upset.

Learn the mechanics of the game, take time keep learning new things and improve your situation in all respects.

Quit.

As you are here complaining about your situation while attempting to seek some form of improvement, I'll assume that option three is not on your current list.  This means you have to choose between option one or option two.  Which is it going to be?

This game is a 100% "You ONLY get to do you," sort of game.  (as they all are, actually).  This means that no amount of complaining is going to improve ANYTHING for you.  Why?  Because no-one is going to hear your laments and suddenly start playing nice and gentle with you in the battles.  Because, no matter how much you object, complain or lament your situation, such actions have historically shown a 0% chance to improve your situation.  Because, no-one can shoot, drive or learn the game for you.  Because, there's no-one standing behind you, guiding your actions.

It's all YOU now and it's going to be up to YOU to improve your situation.  The only person to actually Learn the Game for you is YOU.  The only person who is going to improve your situation is YOU.  No-one else can do it for you.

I apologize for the Captain Obvious paragraph, however it seems important to make this 100% Entirely Clear that YOU are the ONLY thing you have control of and that means that YOU are going to be the ONLY THING actually standing in your way of improvement.

All this to indicate that you will be better served with a "can do" attitude than anything else.  You have help if you ask for it, inclusive of actually getting help while you're playing (your team mates can help you if you are not too far away to be helped when you ask).  Use the stuff in The WoT Welcome Package (version 1) and come to the forums to ask for help in how to do things -- and you will get that help and you will improve IF you are going to be honestly intent on getting better.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

mtl_templar #4 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 17:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 15545 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
And yah, as Lord_Smaug said, you're not looking bad at all, for 4.5k games your recent stats show you're on your way to learning the game. This is the site I use for stat tracking, it is hands down the best site as he is constantly adding new breakdowns, correlations, treemaps, infographics, etc. to help you understand and represent your info. So if you're a data and metrics geek, like me, it's an awesome place to track all that. 

https://www.tomato.g...lfx=1035054036 

Projectile_Misfired #5 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 39482 battles

View PostxWulfx, on Sep 16 2021 - 15:48, said:

I'm a sorta new player still i have 4000 ish games played but it seems that when i play the matchmaking pairs me with players who have 50k plus games played on the other team and i just lose 90% of my games throughout the day and its very frustrating for me. How am i suppose to learn and have fun when i have people who have 50k or more games on me seal clubbing me to death in clan and ranked and reward tanks all day.

In the last 30 days, your "lowest" tier played is Tier 7. Well, I hate to break it to you OP, but you can't be "seal clubbed" in Tier 7 and higher tanks. Seal clubbing is typically associated with Tier 5 and below.

And, to answer your question of how you're supposed to learn, it's simple.....play lower tiers. Lower tiers (typically Tier 6 and lower) should be used by players to learn the game. Once you have a firm grasp of the game mechanics and maps, then you should be looking at moving up to the higher tiers.

Jumping into high-tiered games in order to "learn the game" is an easy way to get yourself frustrated and possibly quit the game. Unless you already have a good understanding of game mechanics and maps, you're going to be way out-matched  trying to play in high-tiered games. 

As for having fun...well, you should be able to do that in any tier. But, if you're not having fun in the higher tiers, for whatever reason, maybe you'll find it by dropping down a few tiers.  

Markd73 #6 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 36671 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA

With a 47% winrate methinks you are exaggerating your loss rate.

https://wotlabs.net/na/player/xWulfx

GeorgePreddy_lIl #7 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 270 battles

View PostxWulfx, on Sep 16 2021 - 16:48, said:

i just lose 90% of my games throughout the day...

According to your stats, you lose or draw about 52%, not the 90% you claim. Stop exaggerating, get real with yourself.

Nicoclass #8 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 20:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 25843 battles
  • [211] 211

View PostGeorgePreddy_lIl, on Sep 16 2021 - 19:09, said:

According to your stats, you lose or draw about 52%, not the 90% you claim. Stop exaggerating, get real with yourself.

His complaint are fine. 
Look at my poor MM, It does the game worst than EVER!

Edited by Nicoclass, Sep 16 2021 - 20:21.

_PoliticallyIncorrect #9 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 28577 battles
  • [JUDG] JUDG

View PostxWulfx, on Sep 16 2021 - 10:48, said:

Take it from somebody who spent most of his world of tanks career Green, Number of battles doesn't matter. 

You have new players with 5,000 battles who are already Super-unicums with 60% overall winrates and 3,000 DPG, while also having players with 50,000+ Game's who can't even figure out how to win more than they lose. 

Life isn't fair, and you will be paired with players below your skill level, while sometimes having to fight people above your skill level. This is ok. Adapt, Learn, Process what you've learned, apply it, and you can keep your winrate high even with the unfair odds stacked against you. Thats the fun of the game. 

GeorgePreddy_lIl #10 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 270 battles

View PostNicoclass, on Sep 16 2021 - 20:21, said:

His complaint are fine. 

So, what I see is that in the last 16 days, you have a win rate of 50.4%.

Your average over all your battles is 51%.

That looks about right to me. In the next 16 days you might have slightly more than 51%... who knows.

What are you complaining about ?  That you had a bad 2 days recently ???

What win rate do you believe you deserve ?

Projectile_Misfired #11 Posted Sep 16 2021 - 22:05

Major

• Players
  • 39482 battles

View PostNicoclass, on Sep 16 2021 - 19:21, said:

His complaint are fine. 

No they're not. 

The OP has played under 4600 games. And, in last 60 days they've played

• 4 games in Tiers 5 
  • 0 games in Tier 6
  • 17 games in Tier 7
  • 195 games in Tier 8
  • 75 games in Tier 9
  • 44 games in Tier 10

Then, OP complains about:

Of course the OP is going to be playing against those players. They are playing most of their games in "high tiers". 

If most of OP's games were in Tiers 6 or below, and still seeing players with 50k+ games, they would have a valid complaint. But not when most of their games are in Tier 7 and higher. 

mtl_templar #12 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 19:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 15545 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
NOT RELATED TO ANSWERING THE OP

So that's weird, I just came back to see if my original long post had any more reactions yet (it initially had 2 upvotes), and noticed that it's gone? Where did it go? My original post with LOTS of information in it was originally in position #3, now it's completely gone...

CAPTMUDDXX #13 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 19:44

Captain

• Players
  • 21769 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View Postmtl_templar, on Sep 19 2021 - 13:12, said:

NOT RELATED TO ANSWERING THE OP

So that's weird, I just came back to see if my original long post had any more reactions yet (it initially had 2 upvotes), and noticed that it's gone? Where did it go? My original post with LOTS of information in it was originally in position #3, now it's completely gone...

Look in locked threads. Particularly if it was full of bull crap.

mtl_templar #14 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 20:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 15545 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostCAPTMUDDXX, on Sep 19 2021 - 11:44, said:

Look in locked threads. Particularly if it was full of bull crap.

Just went and checked, nope not in there. And it really shouldn't have been, it was most definitely NOT full of any BS. I made a comment or two here and there about WG, nothing malicious or cussing, but mostly it was like 98% 'this is how the game works' type content, nearly identical to dunniteowl's first post who posted after mine... Whatever

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users