¿Anyone using Field Modifications on their Tier VI tanks?

Field Modification Tier VI Battle Pass

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: ¿Anyone using Field Modifications on their Tier VI tanks? (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Are you using Field Modifications on Tier VI?

1. No. I am grinding towards Tier VII and don't want to waste the XP. (1 vote [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

2. No. I do not believe that Field Modifications offer such an advantage at Tier VI to bother with it. (8 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Yes. But only on Premium Tier VI. (4 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Yes. On Tier VI tanks that I didn't sell after buying the next Tier VII in that line. (6 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

5. Yes. Both #3 and #4 applies to me. (21 votes [52.50%])

Percentage of vote: 52.50%

Vote Hide poll

WarGanz_87 #1 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 20:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 78826 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

Am grinding through my Tier VI tanks to finish Battle Pass to get that last set of bonus equipment as quickly as I can.

Know that other players' situation may be different from mine in that I don't have to worry about grinding lines of tanks again. As my typical, am going through the Tier VI tanks I have in order to get the point bonus as quickly as possible. The difference this year is that the Accelerate Crew Training box isn't checked to get the XP for Field Modifications. When a tank has >=3,500XP, the next Field Modification level is unlocked. As soon as the tank earns more than cost of the equipment for an unlocked Field Modification level, the equipment is purchased so that there is always a positive credit flow. At Field Modification levels 1, 3, & 5, there is a 1% permanent bonus to engine power to give a 3% total at Level 5. This does give my Tier VI an edge over other Tier VI tanks. 

Was asking during the game countdown if other players were getting the Field Modifications for Tier VI and was all negative comments. Just curious on the consensus here in the forum. 

GSOR3301_AVR_FS #2 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 20:40

Captain

• Players
  • 1490 battles
  • [ZAKO] ZAKO

I've played the T-50-2, Type 64, T-34-85M And M4A1 FL 10 Lately for LT/MT Missions and chose to throw the XP Earned on them into the Field Mods just because I got it and at Tier VI It only costs something like 17k in total to do so I wasn't losing out on boatloads of Free XP Potential (comparably I've also been playing the Strv 81 Since I have x5 Missions on it from ages back and though I'm not big on the tank I thought I should make use of them to refill my Free XP Reserves, so I haven't spent the 69k required for that). 

I think it's something that's worthwhile to do for Tier VI Premiums or Tier VI Keepers you actively play, but it's not something to be overly concerned about especially as you can get the XP For them in only a couple of battles and I don't really feel they make huge differences at Tier VI. I definitely think the biggest changes you can make with Field Mods happen in the higher tiers and Tier IX/X Costing 168k/226k respectively is probably a more worthwhile place to focus XP On.

Necrophore #3 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 32880 battles
Tier 6 mods are cheap for both xp and silver. If you're keeping the tank, may as well add the mods.

Fray_Bentos_Lite #4 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 22:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24534 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
While I do like Field Mods, it's another metric that widens the gap between noobs and long time players.  Fortunately for me I've been playing for about two years so I have enough free XP on the few tech tree lines that I do have to pick up most of my field mods.  The 10,000 credit cost for mods at Tier VI are an absolute steal compared to the 150,000 credit cost at Tier X.  Nice little credit drain for WG/WoT.  I'm not sure if they really make a difference but I need all the help I can get.  LOL.  

omi5cron #5 Posted Sep 19 2021 - 23:43

Major

• Players
  • 33542 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
any tier 6 (or 7) that i play for BattlePass points...i also untick the "acc crew" so the levels of Field Mods unlock. then i retick. but im ONLY doing the Field Mods for the bonus to the tank type (engine power, hull traverse,etc.) i really dont plan on actually using alternate loadoutrs and definitely not the min-max things. with dailys and boosters and whatnot, filling those levels is usually one session per tank.

Korvick #6 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 01:12

Major

• Players
  • 5997 battles

Why do people think these Field Mods make your tank better?  Aside from the passive bonuses (which is only up to 3% for a Tier 6), these mods dont actually improve your tank.  They allow you to Tailor your tank to your style of play.  While that might make it better (for you) it not like they don't all come with negatives.  Lower aimtime but get screwed on vision, or the opposite.

I like the field mods idea.  But since I like a more General Purpose outlook in my play style (I put Vents on everything that can) I haven't bothered modding any of my tanks.  I'll level up and activate them, but not actually use them.

uberdice #7 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 01:24

Major

• Players
  • 30093 battles

View PostKorvick, on Sep 20 2021 - 10:12, said:

Why do people think these Field Mods make your tank better?  Aside from the passive bonuses (which is only up to 3% for a Tier 6), these mods dont actually improve your tank.  They allow you to Tailor your tank to your style of play.  While that might make it better (for you) it not like they don't all come with negatives.  Lower aimtime but get screwed on vision, or the opposite.

I like the field mods idea.  But since I like a more General Purpose outlook in my play style (I put Vents on everything that can) I haven't bothered modding any of my tanks.  I'll level up and activate them, but not actually use them.

Some of them are straight improvements, e.g. I have the option of improving aim time on my E75 by .11 in exchange for 0.1 worse dispersion. That's a no-brainer - it's a tiny incremental improvement on aim time and a meaningless penalty to accuracy because 0.36 is functionally the same as 0.35 at the ranges you engage at.

It's pretty academic though because you're right in the sense that they're such tiny improvements that only players who are astronomically better than I am would benefit from being able to squeeze out those tiny margins.

Korvick #8 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 01:38

Major

• Players
  • 5997 battles

View Postuberdice, on Sep 20 2021 - 00:24, said:

Some of them are straight improvements, e.g. I have the option of improving aim time on my E75 by .11 in exchange for 0.1 worse dispersion. That's a no-brainer - it's a tiny incremental improvement on aim time and a meaningless penalty to accuracy because 0.36 is functionally the same as 0.35 at the ranges you engage at.

It's pretty academic though because you're right in the sense that they're such tiny improvements that only players who are astronomically better than I am would benefit from being able to squeeze out those tiny margins.

Hmm, I guess that's true.  A penalty on something that is over the top anyways is not a big deal.  And yeah, the E75 is probably a good example :)

golruul #9 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 02:48

Major

• Players
  • 25918 battles
95%+ of my field mod slots are being used.  I really don't know why people don't use them more often -- a bunch are clearly better than the other and are no-brainers.

The_Happiest_Husky #10 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 02:55

Captain

• Players
  • 9941 battles
  • [GPARD] GPARD
VI so cheap no reason not too unless you're grinding and not keeping the tank

Johna11 #11 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 02:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 9216 battles

I do like the alternate equipment though. I have my mediums set up with alternates of Optics and IRM, so can choose depending on the map which is going to be more useful. The other two slots are Vents and Rammer so always want those!

And I like the free improvements to engine power.

So far I haven't actually selected any field mods, I don't usually want to take the negative aspect!

Korvick #12 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 5997 battles

View PostJohna11, on Sep 20 2021 - 01:58, said:

I do like the alternate equipment though. I have my mediums set up with alternates of Optics and IRM, so can choose depending on the map which is going to be more useful. The other two slots are Vents and Rammer so always want those!

So far I haven't actually selected any field mods, I don't usually want to take the negative aspect!

This is pretty much exactly my position.  Alternate gear setups depending on map.  And I got alternate ammo setups too.  If I'm high tier or low tier, I might have more or less Prem consumables.  I havent picked any actual mods, I can't seem to decide if the negative aspect is worth it or not.  Though uberidice might have convinced me on some tanks :P

Roggg2 #13 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 26395 battles
  • [RVN-G] RVN-G

View PostJohna11, on Sep 19 2021 - 20:58, said:

I agree.  I generally have a top tier load-out and a bottom tier load-out.  Occasionally it's a city vs open map load-out.  

FrozenKemp #14 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 60559 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY

View PostKorvick, on Sep 19 2021 - 19:12, said:

If nothing else, you get 3% to hit points or some other stat for your vehicle, just by unlocking the levels, which you acknowledged but then brushed aside. *shrug*. And the ability to set up alternate equipment, which might be useful or might not.  (e.g. maybe an alternate equipment set for your camo-oriented TD when you get stuck on a city map with no bushes)

Edited by FrozenKemp, Sep 20 2021 - 18:57.

I_QQ_4_U #15 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 19:11

Major

• Players
  • 30147 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
Of course why not?

Says #16 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 19:14

Captain

• Players
  • 22020 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG
Pretty much any tank I keep I will eventually unlock the modifications.  Those that I play regularly have already done so.  I like the modifications in most of my tanks...a couple of them I steer clear of but for the most part they are all useful.  The negs do not outweigh the positives in my experience.

Some are kinda borderline until you really start crunching numbers.  Others are just hands down good.

Says #17 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 22020 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

View PostFray_Bentos_Lite, on Sep 19 2021 - 22:37, said:

While I do like Field Mods, it's another metric that widens the gap between noobs and long time players.  Fortunately for me I've been playing for about two years so I have enough free XP on the few tech tree lines that I do have to pick up most of my field mods.  The 10,000 credit cost for mods at Tier VI are an absolute steal compared to the 150,000 credit cost at Tier X.  Nice little credit drain for WG/WoT.  I'm not sure if they really make a difference but I need all the help I can get.  LOL.  

I cant imagine ANY reason to use free EXP to unlock field mods.  Well....if you are one of those dudes with millions of free EXP then ok.  Please dont be the dude saying "stock" at the start of battle while sitting on a million free EXP that you are using to unlock field mods :D

13Jake55 #18 Posted Sep 21 2021 - 15:38

Major

• Players
  • 27075 battles
I upgrade all of mine. Tier 6 is easy and if you run directives which I have thousands it only takes a few battles to do the max. Yes there is a tradeoff but I like the extra edge it gives me on some tanks. Of course its only for keeper tanks like the T64 and T35-85M and the Tds I keep at that tier and lest I forget the M44. Lol. Mainly doing it on tier 6, 7 and 8s right now and only use tank experience not free experience. 

WarGanz_87 #19 Posted Sep 21 2021 - 18:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 78826 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

View PostThe_Happiest_Husky, on Sep 19 2021 - 19:55, said:

VI so cheap no reason not too unless you're grinding and not keeping the tank

Given that the # of Battle Pass points are awarded equally for team position regardless of Tier except for the 3 picked Tier X tanks; Tier VI has a faster ROI than other tiers and completes Battle Pass faster than other tiers. Using this methodology, was at Battle Pass Stage 63 last night. 

pyantoryng #20 Posted Sep 21 2021 - 19:17

Major

• Players
  • 22162 battles
I just untick accelerated training and play, then turn it back on once it's done. Tier 6 only takes a very small number to finish anyway...and more HP for TOG is good...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users