• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Spluggs #1 Posted Sep 20 2021 - 18:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 18409 battles
  • [RS] RS

Hi WG,

I would like to take a few minutes to voice my complete disappointment in the current ranked battle meta. 

1- The chevron system far from perfect. Not giving a chevron to 30% of the  winning team member is plain stupid in my humble opinion, as if the 8th position tanker couldn't have possibly helped his team O_o? This promote selfish play, camping and push away LTs/SPGs/TDs even more. Not to mention giving one chevron to the top player on the losing team, which arguably as an equally negative effect.

2- The role-based XP system is pretty bad imho. Why would an auto-loaded only be rewarded when fighting at close-range? Why must a 140 spot his own damage to get role-based xp? Why can't a Leo be rewarded for playing aggressively in close-combat on the one flank where everyone is zerging? Why would an SPG only be rewarded for a double-triple stun shells that might yield absolutely no assist damage? Why would classic LT and WLT compete for the first spots when the WLT obviously have the clear speed advantage, and why would classic LTs  have to remain unspotted when giving assist dmg? There is just so many things that are wrong about this system.

Map selection is meh, but doesn't have the same negative impact as the two points stated above. Matchmaking not factoring in the player's recent rating is, and as always been, garbage, but that goes way beyond ranked of course. Also please consider 12v12, 8v8, and having max number of any class/role, not just LT/SPG so we don't end-up with 8krang and 6tvp/prog out of 20 tanks in a battle... >.<

Thanks for listening o7

mrtanker58 #2 Posted Sep 22 2021 - 02:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3665 battles

I LOVE the currrent 10v10 format and chevron system.  I especially love almost no ARTY instead of 4 per game in 15v15 ranked which felt like random battles while 10v10 feels like it is completely different than random battles which is GREAT.

I LOVE that 30% of the winning team does not get a CHEV.

I LOVE that the top player on the losing team gets a CHEV and top 4 don't lose one.

I LOVE the ROLE system.  This has made MM perfect so that super heavies can only be matched with super heavies by ROLE.

IF YOU DON'T GIVE A CHEV OR HAVE THE LOSING TEAM FIGHT TO NOT LOSE CHEVS, THEN WHEN PLAYERS SEE A GAME IS A LOSS MANY WILL JUST SUICIDE, DROWN, CRASH, OR JUST DESSERT (since stats and WN8 does not matter) ALL OF WHICH IS NON-PUNISHABLE ASIDE FOR LOSS OF XP WHICH MEANS NOTHING IN RANKED.  MANY PLAYERS PLAY JUST FOR THE BONDS/REWARDS TO GET IN BRONZE AND NOTHING MORE.

This is the BEST VERSION of RANKED by FAR!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mrtanker58, Sep 22 2021 - 02:52.

Spluggs #3 Posted Sep 22 2021 - 13:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 18409 battles
  • [RS] RS
If the top n of the loosing team can retain their chevron, there will still be no drowning or crashing. It's good to voice your opinion mrtanker58, but a bit of substance instead of shouting might help get your point through, just saying

279eRRoR_no_Penetration #4 Posted Sep 27 2021 - 14:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 81871 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
My biggest problem with ranked is the time, unfair for those who work at night and sleep during prime time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users