Jump to content


SKILL balanced MATCHMAKER


  • Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: skill based mm (58 members have cast votes)

who wants skill BALANCED mm

  1. yes (19 votes [32.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 32.76%

  2. no (39 votes [67.24%])

    Percentage of vote: 67.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

samasemo_2013 #1 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 21:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

i think many people would like to have a fair chance to play with skill based mm implemented in the game plz make sure this topic becomes famous so that WG would one listen to this request that many other games have , many times i get a team with 100 to 500 wn8 and the enemy are having 3-6 2000+ wn8 players and lose in 2 to 3 min and can never do anything , I'm an average player with 1496 wn8 i want to play fairly saying 3 players less than 400 wn8 , 3 players 400-1000 wn8 , 6 players 1000-1600 nw8 , the rest 3 can be 1700+ wn8  , or another shape can be players less than 600 wn8 get to play in one match , from 600 to 1300 , 1400 to 2000 , and 2000+ each range of wn8 play together , when having the 2 teams all from 1300 to 2000 it will be a great battle with nearly all players knowing basics and people have chance to learn more skills.

 



Wolfmann54 #2 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 21:37

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 264 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

Me too and if the game can be stop of premium ammo be so abused the game can be well  alittle So we can have a team mate work with you with out be scared

 



samasemo_2013 #3 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 21:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

View PostWolfmann54, on Oct 03 2021 - 21:37, said:

Me too and if the game can be stop of premium ammo be so abused the game can be well  alittle So we can have a team mate work with you with out be scared

 

yes it should be nurfed to less penetration and more dmg in my opinion

 



samasemo_2013 #4 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 21:50

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013
guys plz  amswer to the poll

Kharah #5 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 21:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21203 battles
  • 973
  • [ASTER] ASTER
  • Member since:
    04-06-2019

View Postsamasemo_2013, on Oct 03 2021 - 22:35, said:

i think many people would like to have a fair chance to play with skill based mm implemented in the game plz make sure this topic becomes famous so that WG would one listen to this request that many other games have , many times i get a team with 100 to 500 wn8 and the enemy are having 3-6 2000+ wn8 players and lose in 2 to 3 min and can never do anything , I'm an average player with 1496 wn8 i want to play fairly saying 3 players less than 400 wn8 , 3 players 400-1000 wn8 , 6 players 1000-1600 nw8 , the rest 3 can be 1700+ wn8  , or another shape can be players less than 600 wn8 get to play in one match , from 600 to 1300 , 1400 to 2000 , and 2000+ each range of wn8 play together , when having the 2 teams all from 1300 to 2000 it will be a great battle with nearly all players knowing basics and people have chance to learn more skills.

 

WN8 is a third-party metric so it would never be implemented that way. They'd probably use PR as a metric if it ever did, which goes up just by playing battles. Not a good idea even if it ever did happen.



samasemo_2013 #6 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 22:04

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

View PostKharah_KoreanGirlEnjoyer, on Oct 03 2021 - 21:58, said:

 

WN8 is a third-party metric so it would never be implemented that way. They'd probably use PR as a metric if it ever did, which goes up just by playing battles. Not a good idea even if it ever did happen.

they can implement wn8 ingame and use it or make another skill meter because PR is not always accurate as wn8



_Tsavo_ #7 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 22:17

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 50663 battles
  • 22,414
  • [GPARD] GPARD
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

Wn8 is an inaccurate mess and way too easily exploited.  In addition, that system would be biased against better players and biased for worse players.

 

As such, that's a no from me.  I don't see that as a fair playing field, as it pushes for a more equal result between players, rather than an equal starting point.



samasemo_2013 #8 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 22:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 03 2021 - 22:17, said:

Wn8 is an inaccurate mess and way too easily exploited.  In addition, that system would be biased against better players and biased for worse players.

 

As such, that's a no from me.  I don't see that as a fair playing field, as it pushes for a more equal result between players, rather than an equal starting point.

all i'm saying if you want to make teams you dont just get 7 or 8 players in my team that are really less than 400 wn8 and all deal 0 dmg and the enemy team has 5 or 6 players with 2k+ wn8

 



_Tsavo_ #9 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 22:26

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 50663 battles
  • 22,414
  • [GPARD] GPARD
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View Postsamasemo_2013, on Oct 03 2021 - 16:24, said:

all i'm saying if you want to make teams you dont just get 7 or 8 players in my team that are really less than 400 wn8 and all deal 0 dmg and the enemy team has 5 or 6 players with 2k+ wn8

 

And why's that a problem?  



samasemo_2013 #10 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 22:29

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 03 2021 - 22:26, said:

And why's that a problem?  

really , nah it's not a problem having 6 players that are doing nth , as if you play 9v15 beacuse of the 6 players standing at the base doing nth can't you see it's being unfair ? and this happens many times 



samasemo_2013 #11 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 22:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 03 2021 - 22:26, said:

And why's that a problem?  

just make the teams even , if i have 3 players with 300 wn8 or 2k pr in my team the other team should have the same , 10 players 6k pr in my team then the other is in the same range 


Edited by samasemo_2013, Oct 03 2021 - 22:33.


Angry_Johnny_Killbillys #12 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 23:02

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 23 battles
  • 545
  • Member since:
    07-22-2021

View Postsamasemo_2013, on Oct 03 2021 - 22:24, said:

all i'm saying if you want to make teams you dont just get 7 or 8 players in my team that are really less than 400 wn8 and all deal 0 dmg and the enemy team has 5 or 6 players with 2k+ wn8

 

View Postsamasemo_2013, on Oct 03 2021 - 22:29, said:

really , nah it's not a problem having 6 players that are doing nth , as if you play 9v15 beacuse of the 6 players standing at the base doing nth can't you see it's being unfair ? and this happens many times 


Seven or eight goes to six in space of two posts. When you pull numbers out of the air or somewhere else your argument falls apart. It is extremely rare that 7 or 8 players do zero damage. I have seen it but it is not a common occurrence. Six is not a norm either. Typically its three or four. You see the same on the other team often enough. If you want some semblance of credibility for you argument then use real numbers an detail what your proposed SBMM would do to reduce that issue. IMO SBMM would do absolutely nothing to reduce blowouts. Loss of DPM and HP early due to poor play, poor decisions and typically lousy deployment, None of those is exclusive to skill. Add to it the diversity of tank types in today's game which an archaic tank/tier program doesn't address that diversity lends more to starting the downhill roll as much as anything.


Edited by Angry_Johnny_Killbillys, Oct 03 2021 - 23:04.


Markd73 #13 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 23:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 36671 battles
  • 9,931
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
If you want more wins then carry harder.

GWyatt #14 Posted Oct 03 2021 - 23:56

    Captain

  • Players
  • 6000 battles
  • 1,781
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

I'm too tired to debate this subject once again so here some views on it for you to peruse:

http://forum.worldof...3#entry12871643

http://forum.worldof...9#entry12878169

http://forum.worldof...5#entry12804305

http://forum.worldof...7#entry12837347

http://forum.worldof...9#entry12834079

http://forum.worldof...0#entry12760890

http://forum.worldof...8#entry12112118

 

There was a thread with over 500 pages Why do Some Argue Against Skill Based MM? - General Discussion - World of Tanks official forum - Page 70 but it appears to have been removed now.



riyad1974 #15 Posted Oct 04 2021 - 00:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 44499 battles
  • 1,630
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    06-23-2012
If you want skill based MM go play Ranked, it's an absolute  shaiit show.

RealBattousai #16 Posted Oct 04 2021 - 00:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 61008 battles
  • 2,048
  • [M3GA] M3GA
  • Member since:
    02-02-2012

View Postsamasemo_2013, on Oct 03 2021 - 15:35, said:

i think many people would like to have a fair chance to play with skill based mm implemented in the game plz make sure this topic becomes famous so that WG would one listen to this request that many other games have , many times i get a team with 100 to 500 wn8 and the enemy are having 3-6 2000+ wn8 players and lose in 2 to 3 min and can never do anything , I'm an average player with 1496 wn8 i want to play fairly saying 3 players less than 400 wn8 , 3 players 400-1000 wn8 , 6 players 1000-1600 nw8 , the rest 3 can be 1700+ wn8  , or another shape can be players less than 600 wn8 get to play in one match , from 600 to 1300 , 1400 to 2000 , and 2000+ each range of wn8 play together , when having the 2 teams all from 1300 to 2000 it will be a great battle with nearly all players knowing basics and people have chance to learn more skills.

 

 

SBMM is not the answer its skill BALANCED mm, you need to balance the teams with the equivalent number of good and bad players in equivalent tanks.



ArmorStorm #17 Posted Oct 04 2021 - 02:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 42603 battles
  • 10,301
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
The game is balanced by random factors over the course of your entire playing time.  You get good teams and bad, you get AFK players and bots on both teams.  It all evens out over time, except for your contribution.  This is how WG balances their game.  You can certainly prefer another system but there is nothing wrong with this one really.  

ATruk #18 Posted Oct 04 2021 - 03:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 77823 battles
  • 1,789
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View Postsamasemo_2013, on Oct 03 2021 - 13:35, said:

i think many people would like to have a fair chance to play with skill based mm implemented in the game plz make sure this topic becomes famous so that WG would one listen to this request that many other games have , many times i get a team with 100 to 500 wn8 and the enemy are having 3-6 2000+ wn8 players and lose in 2 to 3 min and can never do anything , I'm an average player with 1496 wn8 i want to play fairly saying 3 players less than 400 wn8 , 3 players 400-1000 wn8 , 6 players 1000-1600 nw8 , the rest 3 can be 1700+ wn8  , or another shape can be players less than 600 wn8 get to play in one match , from 600 to 1300 , 1400 to 2000 , and 2000+ each range of wn8 play together , when having the 2 teams all from 1300 to 2000 it will be a great battle with nearly all players knowing basics and people have chance to learn more skills.

 

I have always enjoyed learning as the whipping boy for better competitors. I've got to feel it to learn it. This is where I veer from your thoughts on the matter. If I only relied on a level of myskill to learn from, what would that get me?

Sometimes we get less skilled players. The other team has more skilled players.
Sometimes we get more skilled players. The other team has less skilled players.
Sometimes we get myskill skilled players. The other team has myskill skilled players.
 
That is how it has been since I started. Of those battles, I cannot say which ones lasted 2 to 3 minutes. That seemed completely random to me, though I can reasonably suspect the not myskilled ones. Battles sometimes just go sideways, mostly based on team deployment. In Random pubs, experienced or not, coordinated teamwork is hit and miss. I think that is the issue to blame.
Throwing a bunch of same skilled players from around the world together randomly will not lead to longer battles, IMO. Longer battles do happen, and they are sometimes tedious, and sometimes magic. Even experienced teams that practice together battling other experienced teams get their battles over with quickly.
 
As far as the learning goes, I think of it as "pass it forward". I get a valuable lesson in strategy, tactics, and destruction from a better player, then pass it on in another battle down the line. The variety is valuable to me.


samasemo_2013 #19 Posted Oct 04 2021 - 03:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

View PostAngry_Johnny_Killbillys, on Oct 03 2021 - 23:02, said:


Seven or eight goes to six in space of two posts. When you pull numbers out of the air or somewhere else your argument falls apart. It is extremely rare that 7 or 8 players do zero damage. I have seen it but it is not a common occurrence. Six is not a norm either. Typically its three or four. You see the same on the other team often enough. If you want some semblance of credibility for you argument then use real numbers an detail what your proposed SBMM would do to reduce that issue. IMO SBMM would do absolutely nothing to reduce blowouts. Loss of DPM and HP early due to poor play, poor decisions and typically lousy deployment, None of those is exclusive to skill. Add to it the diversity of tank types in today's game which an archaic tank/tier program doesn't address that diversity lends more to starting the downhill roll as much as anything.

actually i had many games with these numbers i'm not pulling numbers out of the air , the last battle i had 12 players with less than 900 wn8 and the best one dealt 1000 dmg while the rest were below the 1000 and me and 2 more players did about 2500 dmg + each 



samasemo_2013 #20 Posted Oct 04 2021 - 03:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22121 battles
  • 14
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013

View PostATruk, on Oct 04 2021 - 03:49, said:

I have always enjoyed learning as the whipping boy for better competitors. I've got to feel it to learn it. This is where I veer from your thoughts on the matter. If I only relied on a level of myskill to learn from, what would that get me?

Sometimes we get less skilled players. The other team has more skilled players.
Sometimes we get more skilled players. The other team has less skilled players.
Sometimes we get myskill skilled players. The other team has myskill skilled players.
 
That is how it has been since I started. Of those battles, I cannot say which ones lasted 2 to 3 minutes. That seemed completely random to me, though I can reasonably suspect the not myskilled ones. Battles sometimes just go sideways, mostly based on team deployment. In Random pubs, experienced or not, coordinated teamwork is hit and miss. I think that is the issue to blame.
Throwing a bunch of same skilled players from around the world together randomly will not lead to longer battles, IMO. Longer battles do happen, and they are sometimes tedious, and sometimes magic. Even experienced teams that practice together battling other experienced teams get their battles over with quickly.
 
As far as the learning goes, I think of it as "pass it forward". I get a valuable lesson in strategy, tactics, and destruction from a better player, then pass it on in another battle down the line. The variety is valuable to me.

not all the team will be based on your skill level it will vary as i said 3 low skilled , 9 avg and 3 highly skilled or at least both teams should have the same number of players levels so i don't get 3 or 4 in my team that are doing nth and the other team doesn't have the same  , do you know what i mean






5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users