games 2 levels above you - not worth playing

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

gudtogo21 #1 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 04:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 1165 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

These games suck for players that who have tanks 2 levels below. 

They are so out classed. 

Nothing but: "it didn't even penetrate their armor."

And getting killed with 1 hit.

At least, in such mismatch games give the lower tanks 10% bonus in HP and pentation. 

Make it a little bit fare!

SOMETHING.

let us have the ability to at least shoot the tracks or the rear end. 

It's just a waste of time to play those games. 

Minneer_BigSadge #2 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 04:45

Major

• Players
  • 44735 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Learn how to play the game and you will be able to preform enough to not be a detriment to your team.

Eagle5 #3 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 04:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24470 battles

View Postgudtogo21, on Oct 09 2021 - 21:39, said:

They are so out classed. 

At least, in such mismatch games give the lower tanks 10% bonus in HP and pentation. 

SOMETHING.

I made an impact when I was 3 tiers down in my Pz IV H (the original). Still my highest win rate tank of all time with over 100 battles. If you can't find a way to contribute while only 2 tiers down...  it's you. Get better, scrub.

OK, I admit, my seal club account practice account, M2D2, has a solo 74.91% with the M2 Light. And my seal clubber Hall of Fall run account, M2D2_, has a win rate of 91% (platooned with 1 person every game). I don't count them though.

Edited by Eagle5, Oct 10 2021 - 05:01.

uberdice #4 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 05:03

Major

• Players
  • 30489 battles

View Postgudtogo21, on Oct 10 2021 - 13:39, said:

They are so out classed. 

SOMETHING.

Instead of demanding changes, have you considered asking questions about how you can deal with the challenges you're facing?

There's a whole newcomer's section in this forum that's set up for players like you to ask questions.

bad_73 #5 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 05:04

Captain

• Players
  • 1654 battles
Thats your opportunity to get more points as damaging higher tiers gets more credit..just gotta learn to aim and who to aim at.And the new no pen messages go for everyone and is a credit grab by wg...shameful of them.

Edited by bad_73, Oct 10 2021 - 05:06.

Korvick #6 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 05:12

Major

• Players
  • 6454 battles
Ask yourself this.  When you are two tiers up and top dog, do you feel completely invulnerable?  Are you able to ignore all those tanks two tiers lower than you and go thru them with impunity?  Where has all the damage taken come from?

uberdice #7 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 30489 battles

View Postbad_73, on Oct 10 2021 - 14:04, said:

Thats your opportunity to get more points as damaging higher tiers gets more credit..just gotta learn to aim and who to aim at.And the new no pen messages go for everyone and is a credit grab by wg...shameful of them.

How are the new non-penetration messages making you spend more credits compared to the old non-penetration messages?

FrozenKemp #8 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 12:23

Major

• Players
  • 61569 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY
Don't play in the front line, or at least let a higher tier tank go first. Try to find same tier tanks to fight.

Slobo_von_Slobo #9 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 12:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3437 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

I thought the same thing initially. I still sometimes think so. But that’s the game, and you either learn to manage somehow or stop playing. 

I almost stopped playing, a number of times. But I didn’t want to give up, went back in, focused on lower (tier 4&5) tanks, and learned the maps better. Now, I am not as butthurt when I am bottom tier because I know where to play my tank to be somewhat effective most games. My WR and WN8 has drastically improved as well as a result.

Yeah, sometimes I mess up and have a bad game. But more often than not I am still performing at or above the expectations of a bottom tier tank. And when you get a good position and can farm higher tier tanks from the side or back as they are distracted, there’s no better feeling.

It’s most frustrating when the top tier tanks on your team are not as good as the reds, but what can you do…

jeb2 #10 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 12:44

Major

• Players
  • 70744 battles
  • [LAZD] LAZD

If one is playing at tiers with field mods, then maybe have a minus-two build.

For HTs, maybe it would be one that emphasized speed to avoid the top tier HTs and play with mediums more.  Maybe a MT or LT would be one that pushed vision range.

For TDs, it might be more premium rounds - I used to carry HE for that but the HE re-work scuttled that approach.

For arty, it might be more stun rounds since even direct hits will be pew-pew.

Draschel #11 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 13:12

Captain

• Players
  • 2074 battles

View Postuberdice, on Oct 10 2021 - 05:03, said:

Instead of demanding changes, have you considered asking questions about how you can deal with the challenges you're facing?

I am not going to defend his actions and inexperience, but +2/-2 is unacceptable. Everyone knows that, whether 2,000 PR or 12,000

Regardless of what he may say or think, or in battle do - the game won't change much if made -1/+1. And it would be a tonne fairer

IS6, KV5, 112, super persh that are paid for and shafted, just have new MM modifiers where they only see 3 tier 9s, so a 3/5/7   7-9, 3/12  8-9, or all T8 

WG thought MM was fine, when tier 5 light tanks could go to tier X. And tier 4 arta could see tier 9. How about KV5 and Type 59 stomping T5.

How right were they, with 3/5/7 changes? It is quite obvious, that WG doesn't know their own MM and its impact, or whats fair and not fair.

13Jake55 #12 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 13:15

Major

• Players
  • 27591 battles

The key here is to try and avoid those tanks 2 tiers above you. Its nasty if your a heavy thougb and the high tier has heavies. But there are a corresponding number of same tier tanks and you have to find those you fight. You can alao spot or track or flank and get damage.

BoghieWanKanobie #13 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 13:21

Major

• Players
  • 12099 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postgudtogo21, on Oct 09 2021 - 22:39, said:

They are so out classed. 

SOMETHING.

I was going to yammer about you being a tier runner - that is the norm around here:trollface:...  But, looking at your stats in Tomato.gg it is obvious you are doing it right.  Great job:medal:

What is going on is that you have advanced to Tier IV.  Tiers III and below are 'protected'.  Those games have a protected combat tier range - for example +-1.  Additionally, there are a lot of 'Bots' (Computer managed tanks) in those games.  Tier IV is the FIRST tier you will get the +2 tier combat range and you will only get a -1 when top tier - plus, you will have fewer bots in the game as well.  It is a rough tier.  Also, Tier IV is still filled with odd - kinda experimental - tanks.  Historically, that era (think 1937 - 1940) broke tanks down into infantry support vehicles (derpy, low pen big alpha guns and have heavy armor and are slow) and 'cavalry' tanks (lightly armored, fast tanks with small caliber guns).  So, you are playing an awkward era of vehicles.  Tier V is where you get vehicles that map to their class.

So, don't worry about it.  All games - and, real life - all got these bumps you have to get through.  In the end, looking at the lines you are progressing through I think you will be happy.  The M5 Stuart is a tough tanks, but the Chafee is a dream.  You will likely enjoy the Matilda at Tier IV (she is actually OP and can handle higher tier vehicles), but she is a wee bit slow so you have to get used to that.  The Pz IVH is a very nice vehicle to most - not for me, I hated it - but I kinda suck so...  Take a peek at the 'Tank Stats' page in Tomato.gg for a SWAG at what awaits.  One bit of advice, don't stop the Soviet line at the BT-5 - it gets better, much better.  The T-34 and the T-34-85s are great tanks.  Actually, you can find GREAT tanks for any playstyle in the Soviet lines.

Now that you are in the Tier IV - V range spend your time improving your crews and learning the vision mechanics.  Camp it in those tiers till you are well into your second skill/perk on each crew member.  I will generally camp it in Tier IV/V till I complete my first skill, camp in Tier VI till I complete my second skill, etc..  DO NOT blow your crews away.  Advance them with gold/credits from Tier IV onward.  It is NOT gold rounds and gold tanks, but instead great crews that are the real gold in this game.

GLHF

Edited by BoghieWanKanobie, Oct 10 2021 - 13:23.

_Katyusha___ #14 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 13:52

Major

• Players
  • 23573 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
When you are the lowest out of 3 tiers, that means that most of the players on that match are THE SAME TIER AS YOU.

Avalon304 #15 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 13:52

Major

• Players
  • 27411 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostDraschel, on Oct 10 2021 - 05:12, said:

I am not going to defend his actions and inexperience, but +2/-2 is unacceptable. 

+/-2 is fine.

LpBronco #16 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 14:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 59525 battles
  • [TG] TG
I like the challenge sometimes but I'm also looking for balance . It's not being two tiers down but not getting an equal opportunity to be two tiers up in the same tanks.

jeb2 #17 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 14:13

Major

• Players
  • 70744 battles
  • [LAZD] LAZD

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Oct 10 2021 - 13:21, said:

But, looking at your stats in Tomato.gg it is obvious you are doing it right.  Great job:medal:

Very interesting link!

I looked at my entry, and saw that the combined effects of On Track and the arty nerf.

I play a little less high tier arty, and the On Track missions make me go down and play more games at lower tiers to take advantage of the 5X games.

Eagle5 #18 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 18:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24470 battles

View PostDraschel, on Oct 10 2021 - 06:12, said:

I am not going to defend his actions and inexperience, but +2/-2 is unacceptable. Everyone knows that

MM is good right now. Everyone knows that. Most who say otherwise just want to be lazy and not fight tougher opponents. Or not learn how to fight tougher opponents.

When the MM would give one side more top tier, that was crap. When meds could be down 3 tiers, and heavies down 4 tiers. You could literally be the only tier 7 or tier 6 in a battle with 29 tier 10s. That was rough. Don't get me started on scout MM back then.

People complaining about MM now are just lazy. "Boohoo! The MM was mean to me!" Give me a break. Learn how to handle adversity.

Edited by Eagle5, Oct 10 2021 - 18:44.

Cupujoe #19 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 11 battles

View PostDraschel, on Oct 10 2021 - 13:12, said:

I am not going to defend his actions and inexperience, but +2/-2 is unacceptable. Everyone knows that

Really  ? Who is everyone  ? Where did you get your information. 

Personally I enjoy +/-2. Makes the game challenging and offers higher rewards in credits and xp. 

TheRealSerapth #20 Posted Oct 10 2021 - 20:09

Captain

• Players
  • 13252 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

You’re new to the game and not rushing up tiers, so I applaud you for that.

Also since you’re new, I’ll give advice as opposed to the usual “git gud” crap.

Learning to play down two tiers is another skill in this game and frankly is one of the biggest things that separates good from bad.  You can’t play the game the same as when top tier.  In a heavy as bottom tier you are generally just a hp piñata so don’t be up front.  When bottom tier you should focus almost exclusively on not getting shot.  You also will struggle to pen tanks frontally even with gold, but you often can from the sides and almost always can from the rear.

When you are bottom tier you need to learn to be a bit less aggressive and learn when to poke, which are valuable skills to learn.  When playing a heavy, adopt a bigger heavy and be a second gun for him.  When playing a medium, try to flank.  When playing a light… well, you’re in a light, tier rarely matters. 

That said, I personally almost exclusively play mobile tanks because of bad maps and -2 matchmaking.  Mediums are always useful.  Today I played 5 tier 8 games, 3 were tier X and in two of them I was top for damage while bottom tier.  You aren’t useless as a bottom tier tank, but you aren’t top dog and need to play less aggressively.

Edited by TheRealSerapth, Oct 10 2021 - 20:11.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users