Wargaming network slower then dial up AOL ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Griffon456 #1 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 00:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4219 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

In this day and age when people can down load a 4 gigabyte file (blu ray movie) in less then 90 seconds

why does it take wargaming almost 60 seconds after a battle to return us to the garage and update are statistics after each battle ?

we are possibly talking about 2 kb of data here yet even if we are already in our garage (died in a previous battle that just now finished) we are in a time freeze for possibly 30 seconds or more in the middle of doing something and the game freezes until after our tank gets back from the battle and the battle report comes BLAM smack up in your face even though you did not click on it to come up?

how about a box in the settings column to make all this crap happen in the back ground or maybe wargaming updating the foundation code of the program from I dunno asteriods or tetris or ms packman as pretty much WOT seems to be built on windows 95 level of instructions or code ? nothing about anything in this game is super fast and I think all the HD modeling has been slimmed down to lil better then 480p standards because when HD first came out everything was sharp and awesome looking but then back then we all did not have 4k tvs and blu ray considered the crap format to watch tv on so we got used to better the HD as a standard so 1080p HD now looks like VCR grade graphics. Dont get me wrong I got a decent video card with eveerything maxed out and still pumping out 180 fps at 160hz at room temp but it simply isnt awe inspiring anymore.

Insanefriend #2 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 00:57

Major

• Players
  • 57922 battles
It's something to due with how the game updates the database for player info in the garage.  It isn't really anything to do with the file size or download/network speed but more so it seems to be something wrong with how the database is handled.  My guess is it's a base level code bug that might take a lot of reworking to fix.  It wasn't caught in testing since my guess is they never tested for players with a lot of tanks in garage and battle count.  Since it's so low in the code stack my guess is it's a major rework to fix it and they just haven't bothered.

Billy0_0 #3 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 01:01

Private

• Players
  • 30592 battles
  • [TRON] TRON
Ever since the server relocation, I found it the game lags everyday around 8PM eastern time for about an hour or so.

Kramah313 #4 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 02:14

Captain

• Players
  • 11056 battles
Getting back into the garage doesn’t take long for me but logging into the game initially seems like about a minute long affair. I have noticed the time increasing as I have gotten more tanks. 

bad_73 #5 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 02:15

Captain

• Players
  • 1576 battles
Well right now just logged in and got message server not recommended due to high load with only 14 k peeps..so wthis this crap???So we are reduced to an econo server after all the hullabaloo bout making the server better..I guess mouthing improvements is cheaper then actually doing something as nothing was done obviously far as improving the server..so they just bank your money or use it to launder and yet peeps still pay..think about what you are paying for..a game that the peeps in charge dont expect to grow so they dumb down the server and say they made it better..do you want to pay for this

Cupujoe #6 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 11 battles
I logged in no problem with 18k on. Don't know why they don't like you.

tod914 #7 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 73074 battles

Spoiler

GWyatt #8 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 13:36

Captain

• Players
  • 6000 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostGriffon456, on Oct 13 2021 - 18:44, said:

In this day and age when people can down load a 4 gigabyte file (blu ray movie) in less then 90 seconds

why does it take wargaming almost 60 seconds after a battle to return us to the garage and update are statistics after each battle ?

we are possibly talking about 2 kb of data here yet even if we are already in our garage (died in a previous battle that just now finished) we are in a time freeze for possibly 30 seconds or more in the middle of doing something and the game freezes until after our tank gets back from the battle and the battle report comes BLAM smack up in your face even though you did not click on it to come up?

how about a box in the settings column to make all this crap happen in the back ground or maybe wargaming updating the foundation code of the program from I dunno asteriods or tetris or ms packman as pretty much WOT seems to be built on windows 95 level of instructions or code ? nothing about anything in this game is super fast and I think all the HD modeling has been slimmed down to lil better then 480p standards because when HD first came out everything was sharp and awesome looking but then back then we all did not have 4k tvs and blu ray considered the crap format to watch tv on so we got used to better the HD as a standard so 1080p HD now looks like VCR grade graphics. Dont get me wrong I got a decent video card with eveerything maxed out and still pumping out 180 fps at 160hz at room temp but it simply isnt awe inspiring anymore.

That's a whole lot of assumptions about how the systems works. Given what we do know, these assumptions are pretty flawed.

Did you take into consideration why there is a 30 second countdown to get into a battle? It's not there just to irritate you. If you watch what is happening during the countdown you'd see that some clients are still trying to connect to the created arena well into the countdown.

You can however assume that you are going to have the same issue at the end of the battle, where some individual clients are going to take x amount of seconds to disconnect from the arena so that you can finalize the stats for the battle, handout desertion penalties, etc.

Bottom line is that the main issue here is with potato level clients and terrible Internet speeds that some have to endure to play the game, and is not likely so much on WGs end.

SlappedbyRommel #9 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 14:15

Captain

• Players
  • 18859 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostBilly0_0, on Oct 14 2021 - 01:01, said:

Ever since the server relocation, I found it the game lags everyday around 8PM eastern time for about an hour or so.

That is the change out of the Gerbils on the tread mill - I know cause I feed them.....

AirCrewChief #10 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 14:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27033 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR
OP are you running any mods?  Do so can increase the time to load both into and out of matches.

gatorken #11 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 15:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 86322 battles
  • [E50] E50
WG said it was a supply chain problem - there's millions of packets of data just sitting off the coast of Cali.

Lord_Smaug #12 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 16:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 752 battles
Back in the 9.x era the sever was Never this slow even when there were over 40k people logged on and the few times it was over 50k it rarely ever lagged but this was before all the downgrades ect. These days it takes ages to log and the client synch is abysmal.

ATruk #13 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 16:22

Captain

• Players
  • 76902 battles

Everything outside of battles, in the garage, updating battle results, synchronizing player data, and so on, is faster on the fast computer. The 10 year old machine is much much slower.

So the component of local hardware performance significantly affects what the OP mentions.

omi5cron #14 Posted Oct 15 2021 - 01:22

Major

• Players
  • 33550 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

i thought that it was due to the main server "digesting" and assimilating all the info from your match. ie, any missions to update, any crew to update, any tanks to update, any credits accrued or EXP gained to assess ...any incoming bans due to your actions. that and more.

thats a LOT of stuff to "synchronize" after EACH match.

yes its a pain. learn to cope.

Edited by omi5cron, Oct 15 2021 - 01:22.

andthepackstillsux #15 Posted Oct 15 2021 - 21:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22807 battles
  • [OTW] OTW

when the game is syncing the store/garage/depot/bla the data only transfers at 40k

i have been trying to fix this for a while

not sure how i can resolve this

it is the exact same on three different internet connections and three different machines

40k - slower than dialup40k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users