Offer a trade up for Tier IX reward tanks to Tier IX premium

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

WarGanz_87 #1 Posted Oct 14 2021 - 18:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 78863 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

The Tier IX premium is now a thing. The issue that WoT now has is to find new tanks to put into this premium tier slot. Development of these new tanks will require research and development time to go from a proposed tank to a working mode which is an expense. Recycle/reuse isn’t only an Earth Friendly good thing but also makes good business sense. 

What I’m proposing is that WoT offer a method to upgrade earned Tier IX reward tanks to a Tier IX premium tank for cash. The win for WoT is an immediate availability of premium tanks that would be a source of revenue and a win for players in that familiar tanks would immediately available as a premium.  Additional benefits to WoT would be that players would have an increased reward for completing Battle Pass which would increase player involvement and also to buy the premium Battle Pass. To have a large number of Tier IX premiums introduced into the game, would decrease the resistance to the introduction of future new Tier IX premiums. And there is absolutely zero impact on game mechanics since only the tank owner would see the benefits at the end of the game. 

This could be presented in the same manner as the current for credit upgrade of bonus/bounty equipment. Click on a box, up comes a payment box and then flash ‘Bob is your Uncle’ your reward tank is now a premium. 

Minneer_BigSadge #2 Posted Oct 15 2021 - 01:08

Major

• Players
  • 44431 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK
I mean I've siad for years just have packages in the prem shop where you can put it on a specific tier of tank and make any tank a prem tank.  You would see a massive diversity in tanks people play for credits and a lot more tanks would be enjoyed.  I know myself personally if I could a long time ago I would have put that on the vk 100 01 p since it is just a German defender.

Saydzhi #3 Posted Oct 15 2021 - 01:35

Captain

• Players
  • 1932 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostWarGanz_87, on Oct 14 2021 - 18:11, said:

The Tier IX premium is now a thing. The issue that WoT now has is to find new tanks to put into this premium tier slot. Development of these new tanks will require research and development time to go from a proposed tank to a working mode which is an expense. Recycle/reuse isn’t only an Earth Friendly good thing but also makes good business sense. 

What I’m proposing is that WoT offer a method to upgrade earned Tier IX reward tanks to a Tier IX premium tank for cash. The win for WoT is an immediate availability of premium tanks that would be a source of revenue and a win for players in that familiar tanks would immediately available as a premium.  Additional benefits to WoT would be that players would have an increased reward for completing Battle Pass which would increase player involvement and also to buy the premium Battle Pass. To have a large number of Tier IX premiums introduced into the game, would decrease the resistance to the introduction of future new Tier IX premiums. And there is absolutely zero impact on game mechanics since only the tank owner would see the benefits at the end of the game. 

This could be presented in the same manner as the current for credit upgrade of bonus/bounty equipment. Click on a box, up comes a payment box and then flash ‘Bob is your Uncle’ your reward tank is now a premium. 

There is only resistance to it due to experience and seeing the OP power creep rubbish fest T8 became from premiums.  Another part of the resistance is not wanting players to 'buy up' to T9.  Yes, players can fail up, reasons I'm not playing my T9s much lately and trying to get back to T5 and 6, but the point is still part of the reason.  So the resistance would still remain I feel. 

The idea in general is good, just this one issue to address.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users