Happy Birthday to all United States Marines - past, present, future

usmc birthday tanks 246 years

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: To test how many people know about the United States Marine Corps (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How many of you know that the Marine Corps celebrates its birthday every Nov 10th

1. Yes I know, I am a United States Marine (and there is no ex/former Marines as we are Marines for life (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Yes I have heard about the United States Marine Cores from President Trump and their birthday (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. No I have never heard of the United States Marine Corps (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes I know about the Marine Corps but not its birthday (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. I have no clue (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

1ST_AD_Abrams #1 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 06:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19736 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well early in the day, the Continential Congress (when the US was made up of 13 colonies) issued a call up to form 2 Battalions of Marines and Tun Tavern in Philidelphia is where it start on Nov 10, 1775.

Today my Marine Corps celebrates its 246th Birthday.  We might not look like the original Marines or restricted to duties of mostly sea action, now we do everything from Peacekeeping to Humantarian Aid.  It is said there are two things our President knows everyday, where his carriers are and where are the nearest Marines, either in a base or on the high seas.  We are the 911 force ready to act 24/7.  We might not be the size of the army but we just as proud and have a true legacy of traditions and honor.

So to all my fellow Brothers and Sisters who earned the right to wear the Eagle Globe and Anchors, Happy Birthday, 246 years and counting.

Yes the Marine Corps had M1 tanks but due to a change in our mission, we now expect US Army to supply the Abrams when we need it as transporting the most modern version would require 1 LCAC per tank, or another type of landing craft that could carry but 2.  We still have the ability to kill tanks with our much lighter fighting vehicles and from soldier launched weapons.  We have sent most of our tanks back to the Army and should be without M1's around 2023.  The famous USMC 1st Tank Battlion which with other tank units operated 452 M1's.

As a Marine General said, “Army is huge,” he said. “We need a big Army. They win our wars. The Marine Corps doesn’t win the wars. We win the battles.”

So Happy Birthday to my Corps, it continues to be an honor that no one can ever take from me and when I am wearing the EGA I am filled with pride, honor, dedication, sacrifice, traditions and ever changing mission of the Corps.  We might be only 200,000 (up or down by possible 20,000) strong, but we have a link between us that can never be broken and why we have the toughest basic training of any of the military services in the United States Military, as we truly are the Few, the Proud, the Marines.  Note, special forces and other unique units you have to be in the military in order to apply for those units, whether Navy Seals, Pararescue, Delta, Green Beret, Rangers and many others.

I am disappointed that WG did not have an event nor a mention in noticeable areas to  honor the United States Marine Corps.  I put a great deal of pressure on them since last year that they should not forget our Birthday.  Sadly they still don't recognize this important date of Nov 10th, only the 11th or Veterans Day or Day of Remembrance (Canada)

1stTanks #2 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 06:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 50000 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD
RAH

The_Happiest_Husky #3 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 06:59

Major

• Players
  • 10984 battles
  • [GPARD] GPARD

LOFMarine #4 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 07:06

Private

• Players
  • 24614 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
Semper Fi brothers !

cavalry11 #5 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 15:29

Captain

• Players
  • 63110 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
Semper Fi

Ironmike11B #6 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 15:36

Major

• Players
  • 34225 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

Kefic #7 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 15:49

Captain

• Players
  • 22529 battles
  • [ULFR] ULFR
Kill

DVK9 #8 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 17:27

Captain

• Players
  • 28122 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View PostIronmike11B, on Nov 11 2021 - 08:36, said:

I wrapped and sent boxes of crayons to 29 palms for them.

GeorgePreddy_lIl #9 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 18:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 270 battles

Sempre Fi all you M Fers !!

:honoring:

BrianTheBomber #10 Posted Nov 11 2021 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 569 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Nov 11 2021 - 00:39, said:

Well early in the day, the Continential Congress (when the US was made up of 13 colonies) issued a call up to form 2 Battalions of Marines and Tun Tavern in Philidelphia is where it start on Nov 10, 1775.

Today my Marine Corps celebrates its 246th Birthday.  We might not look like the original Marines or restricted to duties of mostly sea action, now we do everything from Peacekeeping to Humantarian Aid.  It is said there are two things our President knows everyday, where his carriers are and where are the nearest Marines, either in a base or on the high seas.  We are the 911 force ready to act 24/7.  We might not be the size of the army but we just as proud and have a true legacy of traditions and honor.

So to all my fellow Brothers and Sisters who earned the right to wear the Eagle Globe and Anchors, Happy Birthday, 246 years and counting.

Yes the Marine Corps had M1 tanks but due to a change in our mission, we now expect US Army to supply the Abrams when we need it as transporting the most modern version would require 1 LCAC per tank, or another type of landing craft that could carry but 2.  We still have the ability to kill tanks with our much lighter fighting vehicles and from soldier launched weapons.  We have sent most of our tanks back to the Army and should be without M1's around 2023.  The famous USMC 1st Tank Battlion which with other tank units operated 452 M1's.

As a Marine General said, “Army is huge,” he said. “We need a big Army. They win our wars. The Marine Corps doesn’t win the wars. We win the battles.”

So Happy Birthday to my Corps, it continues to be an honor that no one can ever take from me and when I am wearing the EGA I am filled with pride, honor, dedication, sacrifice, traditions and ever changing mission of the Corps.  We might be only 200,000 (up or down by possible 20,000) strong, but we have a link between us that can never be broken and why we have the toughest basic training of any of the military services in the United States Military, as we truly are the Few, the Proud, the Marines.  Note, special forces and other unique units you have to be in the military in order to apply for those units, whether Navy Seals, Pararescue, Delta, Green Beret, Rangers and many others.

I am disappointed that WG did not have an event nor a mention in noticeable areas to  honor the United States Marine Corps.  I put a great deal of pressure on them since last year that they should not forget our Birthday.  Sadly they still don't recognize this important date of Nov 10th, only the 11th or Veterans Day or Day of Remembrance (Canada)

Happy Birth Beloved Core, Huurah 

BTW, Your options are a bit limited, Could people have learned about the corp not from POTUS and not be a Marine. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users