Jump to content


BOTs


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

JLineman #1 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 19:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 46063 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    09-22-2013
I'm a crummy player but there is no way there are players this far worse than me.  Scouts that hide, heavys in the rear, leaving an entire side open or entire team push one way.  This has to be BOTs. 

dunniteowl #2 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 19:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 38797 battles
  • 13,216
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

You'd be surprised, my friend.  We have someone on these very forums (well, several someone's, honestly) who's play is so bad that BOTs play BETTER than they do.

 

 

Yes.  It's true.  I can't tell you who they are, because then I'd get nailed for a 'name and shame' moment.  Suffice to say, though, there are most definitely Human Powered BOTs in this game, all driven by single individuals barely capable of using opposable thumbs.  They even post in the forums!  It's True!

 

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO



DVK9 #3 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 19:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27989 battles
  • 1,858
  • [-TX-] -TX-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2013

BOTs?

 

Beware Other Tankers?

 



Exiledcrow #4 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 19:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 56534 battles
  • 3,163
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011
It's not bots, it's just people that don't care about you, your wishes, or even what's best for the team ... and given that WG allows it, best you just get used to it. Ain't going to change.

Allf #5 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 19:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43703 battles
  • 663
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2012
Unfortunately the bots do play better than a lot of people. As you mentioned sniping scouts/heavies is the reason those teams lose.

Its really sad but even 7k+ PRs do not know their roles on the field these days.
I had a tomato 6.7k PR yesterday in a Scorp G on defense - rushed mid just to land 1 shot and died like a tomato he is.
After he died, both of our scouts sat near the base and sniped.

I think you all know how that story has ended :)

Mojo_Riesing #6 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 21:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 23503 battles
  • 2,728
  • [ACATS] ACATS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 15 2021 - 10:36, said:

You'd be surprised, my friend.  We have someone on these very forums (well, several someone's, honestly) who's play is so bad that BOTs play BETTER than they do.

 

 

Yes.  It's true.  I can't tell you who they are, because then I'd get nailed for a 'name and shame' moment.  Suffice to say, though, there are most definitely Human Powered BOTs in this game, all driven by single individuals barely capable of using opposable thumbs.  They even post in the forums!  It's True!

 

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

 

 

Some players just stay in their nice little safe zones too.  It's True!



Lowtech4 #7 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 22:03

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 55282 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View PostAllf, on Nov 15 2021 - 19:45, said:

Unfortunately the bots do play better than a lot of people. As you mentioned sniping scouts/heavies is the reason those teams lose.

Its really sad but even 7k+ PRs do not know their roles on the field these days.
I had a tomato 6.7k PR yesterday in a Scorp G on defense - rushed mid just to land 1 shot and died like a tomato he is.
After he died, both of our scouts sat near the base and sniped.

I think you all know how that story has ended :)

The new Smart Bots are even more dangerous.



I_QQ_4_U #8 Posted Nov 15 2021 - 22:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 30379 battles
  • 13,849
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 15 2021 - 19:36, said:

You'd be surprised, my friend.  We have someone on these very forums (well, several someone's, honestly) who's play is so bad that BOTs play BETTER than they do.

 

 

 

 

You're wrong, they are actually really good, the game is just conspiring against them.



GlobalSuperstorm #9 Posted Nov 16 2021 - 00:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29144 battles
  • 68
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
  • Member since:
    10-31-2016
Lets face it, the game is almost dead!

_Walter_ #10 Posted Nov 16 2021 - 00:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 52598 battles
  • 2,318
  • [SAC_] SAC_
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostJLineman, on Nov 15 2021 - 13:24, said:

I'm a crummy player but there is no way there are players this far worse than me.  Scouts that hide, heavys in the rear, leaving an entire side open or entire team push one way.  This has to be BOTs. 

There are a lot of players who do not know how to play this game, and are likely not interested in learning.  Add to that the continuous influx of changes, it's difficult for players to actually improve without some concerted effort to learn.



dunniteowl #11 Posted Nov 16 2021 - 00:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 38797 battles
  • 13,216
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Nov 15 2021 - 14:35, said:

 

 

Some players just stay in their nice little safe zones too.  It's True!

 

I know, I hate those guys too.

 

 

OvO



1stOregonVolCavalry #12 Posted Nov 16 2021 - 02:12

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11162 battles
  • 170
  • [B-B-T] B-B-T
  • Member since:
    06-29-2020

View PostJLineman, on Nov 15 2021 - 19:24, said:

I'm a crummy player but there is no way there are players this far worse than me.  Scouts that hide, heavys in the rear, leaving an entire side open or entire team push one way.  This has to be BOTs. 

Nope. Never under-estimate players and their motives. I've seen a platoon of heavies, players had a combined over 100,000 battles, drive back to the corner red line behind the castle in Erlenberg (sp) and wait out the entire battle until the red team came hunting for them after the now 13-15 battle with two heavies out of the action blow out and they both farmed a decent amount of damage. Absolutely worthless for the battle results, but they did well enough.






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users