Frontline Curfew and Server Shut Downs

Front line curfews

4 replies to this topic

7iKiwii #1 Posted Nov 16 2021 - 12:44

Private

• Players
  • 43582 battles
  • [STUKA] STUKA

So Frontline has just started again. At 11pm Tuesday night NZ time, I think, 'Oh great - let's play FL'. Only to find the USC server is on curfew for another hour - till midnight NZ time. (What ever purpose does curfew serve?). 

I get 2 games in, and then the USC server goes offline for 'scheduled maintenance'. Frustration plus guys! If there is maintenance to schedule, do it during your curfew. It's now 12.40am NZ time. I'm off to bed. But you should appreciate that for working people who like a late evening play, your curfew is just a pain, and doubly so when you take the servers off line just after they come back on. Please sort it out. Better still, lose the curfew all together. You've got many loyal players this side of the Pacific. Please think about us!

Projectile_Misfired #2 Posted Nov 16 2021 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 39475 battles

View Post7iKiwii, on Nov 16 2021 - 11:44, said:

So Frontline has just started again. At 11pm Tuesday night NZ time, I think, 'Oh great - let's play FL'. Only to find the USC server is on curfew for another hour - till midnight NZ time. (What ever purpose does curfew serve?). 

I get 2 games in, and then the USC server goes offline for 'scheduled maintenance'. Frustration plus guys! If there is maintenance to schedule, do it during your curfew. It's now 12.40am NZ time. I'm off to bed. But you should appreciate that for working people who like a late evening play, your curfew is just a pain, and doubly so when you take the servers off line just after they come back on. Please sort it out. Better still, lose the curfew all together. You've got many loyal players this side of the Pacific. Please think about us!

That "curfew" that you saw was probably just the break between the different "Stages" of FL. From what I can find, there's no "daily curfew" in effect like for other modes, so you should be able to play FL from server-reset to server-reset.

As for having to wait that extra hour, most places in the US, to include where the USC server is located, set their clocks back an hour a little over a week ago, due to "Daylight Savings". And, it sometimes takes WGNA a few weeks to properly coordinate all the game, event, and website times....mainly due to their propensity to 'copy/paste' without proper quality assurance. 

7iKiwii #3 Posted Nov 16 2021 - 19:55

Private

• Players
  • 43582 battles
  • [STUKA] STUKA

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Nov 16 2021 - 14:51, said:

That "curfew" that you saw was probably just the break between the different "Stages" of FL. From what I can find, there's no "daily curfew" in effect like for other modes, so you should be able to play FL from server-reset to server-reset.

As for having to wait that extra hour, most places in the US, to include where the USC server is located, set their clocks back an hour a little over a week ago, due to "Daylight Savings". And, it sometimes takes WGNA a few weeks to properly coordinate all the game, event, and website times....mainly due to their propensity to 'copy/paste' without proper quality assurance. 

Every time FL is on, from 10pm till 12midnight NZ time, there is a 2 hour window when the FL format is unavailable. The message is something like "Curfew - FL available in 2 hours...." and the time is adjusted as the deadline gets closer. It's a thing and not just between stages. 

7iKiwii #4 Posted Nov 17 2021 - 10:23

Private

• Players
  • 43582 battles
  • [STUKA] STUKA

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Nov 16 2021 - 14:51, said:

At 10.20 pm, this is the screen message

7iKiwii #5 Posted Nov 17 2021 - 10:24

Private

• Players
  • 43582 battles
  • [STUKA] STUKA

This is the screen message at 10.20 NZ time pm; "Curfew is in effect on all servers. 

Edited by 7iKiwii, Nov 17 2021 - 10:27.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with Front line, curfews

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users