Guide to the Game Settings (Be Like a PRO!)

guide tutorial settings game fps pro player sound control be like a pro

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

German_Ivk05 #1 Posted Nov 19 2021 - 01:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_

This will be my guide series "Be Like a PRO" where I will share recommendations, tips, and tricks from PRO players in World of Tanks. In this guide I would like to talk about the game settings that can help you improve your game performance and overall experience from World of Tanks. The game settings are essential part of any game and not many players invest their time into configuring them. I hope by then end of this guide you will find useful information and become a better player.

Disclaimer: All PCs are unique and changing the same settings may have different effects on different PCs. Make a screenshot of your settings to be able to reverse them. This guide was intended for PC that can run "Improved Graphics" at stable 60+ FPS at all times!!!

General Settings:

Although this tab may seems useless, but it contains some settings that are need to be set. Make sure that you have the best settings to avoid trouble in a long run. In General tab most of the settings are recommendations, but some of them are mandatory as they make a difference in your battle performance.

Graphics Settings:

The World of Tanks graphics evolved overtime and now there's a lot of unnecessary eye-candy visuals that can be removed to boost your FPS. Your input latency is directly effected by your FPS in the game, so to reduce the latency you need to have higher FPS. Additionally your game will be running smoother and feel better, which should improve your game play and overall performance on the battlefield. Here we will concentrate on removing all of the eye-candy visual settings and keep only the important ones. Keep in mind that this setup can be a good start from if you would like to keep some of the eye-candy visuals!!!

Sound Settings:

The sounds can tell you about your opponent when they are NOT SPOTTED and this is NOT a cheat or a hack!!! World of Tanks has destruction sounds that are played when a tank, a house, or a fence is being destroyed. The falling tree has it's own fall sound which you can pick up with a good headset and correct settings. Only tanks and shells can interact with those objects and the destruction sounds can give you a pretty precise location of the opponent. This is why it is important to set the sound settings properly in any game as it can give you massive advantage over the other players. Here we gonna remove all the white noise and increase the volume of the important sounds that carry useful information.

Control Settings:

High sensitivity is not an uncommon thing between beginner players, but that's a BIGmistake! It causes many players to miss key shots which leads them to many losses and bad overall performance. Here you can find the proper way to setup your control settings for better aim. Keep in mind that it takes some time to adjust to the new sensitivity.

Edited by German_Ivk05, Nov 24 2021 - 22:10.

NiteDog #2 Posted Nov 19 2021 - 02:01

Major

• Players
  • 32844 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Thanks for your hard work. Much appreciated.

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Nov 19 2021 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 39808 battles

Great start to a much needed guide OP.

I do want to point out one thing though. I notice that you have "Browser Hardware Acceleration" selected. 

There's a Support article about that feature possibly causing issues when opening various Garage tabs (Store, Depot, etc. ). Here's a link to it:

https://na.wargaming...t-issues/34216/

Maybe you might want to add a special notation in your guide about this.

bake3020 #4 Posted Nov 19 2021 - 04:47

Major

• Players
  • 134 battles
Thanks, we needed an update to good graphics settings, for a very long time.  Keep it up.

German_Ivk05 #5 Posted Nov 20 2021 - 03:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Nov 18 2021 - 23:27, said:

Great start to a much needed guide OP.

I do want to point out one thing though. I notice that you have "Browser Hardware Acceleration" selected. 

There's a Support article about that feature possibly causing issues when opening various Garage tabs (Store, Depot, etc. ). Here's a link to it:

https://na.wargaming...t-issues/34216/

Maybe you might want to add a special notation in your guide about this.

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciated it and I included that in the guide. I also have included the sound settings and there's still more to come. I'm trying to update the guide every day when I have time to do so.

Kelly_Semaka #6 Posted Nov 22 2021 - 20:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25704 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

I set my graphics settings as guided & fps doubled.  went from 50-70 to 130 - 150

German_Ivk05 #7 Posted Nov 22 2021 - 22:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_

View PostKelly_Semaka, on Nov 22 2021 - 15:42, said:

I set my graphics settings as guided & fps doubled.  went from 50-70 to 130 - 150

Thanks for the feedback. The guide was intended to provide you with the main must have settings that PROs recommend. PROs concentrate on maximizing their FPS because input latency is affected by it. The more FPS you have the shorter the delay. Additionally more FPS allows you to run the game more smoothly. From here you can add some candy visuals or keep it as it is (personally I use these settings myself without any eye-candy stuff).

BRDubbs #8 Posted Dec 08 2021 - 21:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 30538 battles
It seems that somehow I have disabled/deleted the T button that used to let me ask teammates for help.  I have no idea where that is done.  Ideas?

German_Ivk05 #9 Posted Dec 09 2021 - 02:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_

View PostBRDubbs, on Dec 08 2021 - 16:57, said:

It seems that somehow I have disabled/deleted the T button that used to let me ask teammates for help.  I have no idea where that is done.  Ideas?

Edited by German_Ivk05, Dec 09 2021 - 05:46.

BRDubbs #10 Posted Dec 11 2021 - 20:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 30538 battles

View PostGerman_Ivk05, on Dec 09 2021 - 01:49, said:

Thank you!

German_Ivk05 #11 Posted Dec 11 2021 - 23:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_
Welcome!

Lukas_FishGang4Life #12 Posted Dec 23 2021 - 03:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [PHASE] PHASE
You have foliage transparency turned off in your graphics settings. You should 100% have it enabled so you can see when bushes will provide after firing camo.

I would also recommend turning on terrain tesselation and terrain tesselatiom in sniper mode, I find it more accurately represents some of the rock hit models in the game.

TheJeep1 #13 Posted Dec 23 2021 - 10:08

Major

• Players
  • 68807 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC

This is good. 

Sometimes I switch it back to Standard Graphics too, makes it look like you're playing on a golf course, especially 4k.

German_Ivk05 #14 Posted Dec 24 2021 - 12:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_

View PostLukas_FishGang4Life, on Dec 22 2021 - 22:05, said:

You have foliage transparency turned off in your graphics settings. You should 100% have it enabled so you can see when bushes will provide after firing camo.

I would also recommend turning on terrain tesselation and terrain tesselatiom in sniper mode, I find it more accurately represents some of the rock hit models in the game.

First of all it's your own preference. The foliage transparency is not needed, and it's actually easier to tell if the bush will provide the cover after fire or not. It will not provide cover after you fire if it's fully gone in the sniper mode, so it carries same information while giving you ability to aim better. To be sure that the bush will provide cover you just need to fall back from it until it becomes visible again. One of my clan mates was asking about a thing that he called "hidden mesh" or something like that. The answer to this is that it doesn't exist, there's no difference in the landscape representation, because the landscape tessellation does NOT create mesh collision (mesh is what creates an object such as tank). Some other games such as "Tomb Raider" gives you an accurate description of what it does. It says, "Tessellation adds more detail to select surfaces by subdividing geometry and applying displacements maps. Disable to increase performance.", just like as said above it does NOT change or add mesh or collision. If you have read the "Why PRO players limit their FPS? (Be Like a PRO!) guide, then you should know the main reason all of these settings are concentrated on increasing FPS. The terrain tessellation is one of the visuals that affects FPS significantly, when compared to some other visuals. Additionally, this guide was based on the recommendations of one of the e-sports player that have participated in WGL multiple times, so I hardly believe that his information can be wrong. I hope that I made everything clear enough for us to have same opinion now. I hope that I will no longer see comments questioning this guide.

Good Luck on the Battlefield!

Edited by German_Ivk05, Dec 24 2021 - 12:33.

German_Ivk05 #15 Posted Dec 24 2021 - 12:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_

View PostTheJeep1, on Dec 23 2021 - 05:08, said:

This is good. 

Sometimes I switch it back to Standard Graphics too, makes it look like you're playing on a golf course, especially 4k.

LOL a golf course.

Edited by German_Ivk05, Dec 25 2021 - 01:42.

Also tagged with guide, tutorial, settings, game, fps, pro, player, sound, control, be like a pro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users