arty balance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NoTradeNoKill #1 Posted Dec 03 2021 - 12:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 13690 battles
  • [LYB] LYB

When HE shell got nerfed, why are the missions in the campaigns not adjusted accordingly? Like, ffs, it took me about 10 games in 261 and 53/55 to finish a 7 module damage mission. There was a 705A in Westfield that took 7 hits from me and got 1 module damage. It doesn't make sense.

Man, the 140-sec stun mission. It took me days to complete because I just couldn't get enough stunt time even if I shot nonstop for the whole game.

And arties in tier 7 and 8 seem to be incapable of finishing any high tier arty mission in campaigns.  I tried tier 8 gun on 53/55 and hoped its fire rate could save me from 140 sec stun mission. It turned out that I shot about 25 HE rounds only to be able to get 137 sec stun. Like for how many games do I get one chance to fire 25 arty rounds? You shouldn't design missions exclusively for heavy guns like T92 or CGC, or high-tier arties of tier 9 and above.

These kinds of things force me into playing arty repeatedly which I am never good at and do not enjoy, and I'm pretty sure I was bringing hard times to those who played against me not because I'm good but because I played arty. And I have to play it because I need to finish campaigns. I still couldn't get T55A just because I rarely play arty, what a joke.

I think for some reasons WG should just delete arty missions. That's just a waste of life for real. If you think arty is fun, you don't need arty missions to be incentivized to play arty. If you think arty is sick, you won't be coerced by fking missions to play arty. That's a win-win situation.

Edited by NoTradeNoKill, Dec 03 2021 - 12:02.

kebab6597 #2 Posted Dec 03 2021 - 13:00

Major

• Players
  • 62124 battles
  • [FELIX] FELIX
At this point they should probably just remove arty missions completely

Vava_das_SPGs #3 Posted Dec 03 2021 - 13:31

Major

• Players
  • 37697 battles
  • [AMICI] AMICI

View PostNoTradeNoKill, on Dec 03 2021 - 08:01, said:

When HE shell got nerfed, why are the missions in the campaigns not adjusted accordingly? Like, ffs, it took me about 10 games in 261 and 53/55 to finish a 7 module damage mission. There was a 705A in Westfield that took 7 hits from me and got 1 module damage. It doesn't make sense.

Man, the 140-sec stun mission. It took me days to complete because I just couldn't get enough stunt time even if I shot nonstop for the whole game.

And arties in tier 7 and 8 seem to be incapable of finishing any high tier arty mission in campaigns.  I tried tier 8 gun on 53/55 and hoped its fire rate could save me from 140 sec stun mission. It turned out that I shot about 25 HE rounds only to be able to get 137 sec stun. Like for how many games do I get one chance to fire 25 arty rounds? You shouldn't design missions exclusively for heavy guns like T92 or CGC, or high-tier arties of tier 9 and above.

These kinds of things force me into playing arty repeatedly which I am never good at and do not enjoy, and I'm pretty sure I was bringing hard times to those who played against me not because I'm good but because I played arty. And I have to play it because I need to finish campaigns. I still couldn't get T55A just because I rarely play arty, what a joke.

I think for some reasons WG should just delete arty missions. That's just a waste of life for real. If you think arty is fun, you don't need arty missions to be incentivized to play arty. If you think arty is sick, you won't be coerced by fking missions to play arty. That's a win-win situation.

I'm pretty sure they're still collecting data after the arty rebalance.
I'm also pretty sure that people noticed that the number of arties per battle got lower (after the arty rebalance _). Thus this means longer time to get valuable statistics of the "new arty" and then re-think how will be the new arties campaigns.

StuG IV and T28 HTC aren't supposed to be hard campaigns (but "grind" campaigns _), but from T-55A and up it should be more hard. I already finished the arty T-55A campaign, with honors. From the TDs, it's missing only the TD-15 (but that's because I'm grinding the TD lines. I'm using the sniper TDs for instance, and not the brawling ones. I'm on JPanther II now, but also using the Skorpion _).

Reichmonk #4 Posted Dec 03 2021 - 14:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34903 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

I haven't played arty in years, so I can't comment on how much arty is changed. However, I don't recall arty missions ever being easy. I also remember people complaining about arty missions from the day 1. Hell, it took me probably around 2000 games in various arties in order to complete all personal missions (only time I played arty, never for fun)

Maybe you are right. Maybe it is a lot harder now. I support your suggestion to just remove the darn arty missions, they were always a pain in the neck. 

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Dec 03 2021 - 14:31

Major

• Players
  • 85226 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

The HE nerf did not affect arty rounds. The SPG ammo changes was separate and different from the HE nerfs.

In campaign two the arty missions can be skipped if you're careful on how you use orders - see the link in my sig to bypass them or mitigate your play in them.

And they were adjusted in 1.14. This link goes to the test, but that's what the 1.14 update article linked.

Arty PM adjustments in 1.14 (common test article), https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-14-ct1/#head-id-7

Fartslinger #6 Posted Dec 03 2021 - 15:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11684 battles

Have been playing WOT for 9 years.  It's time for World of Artillery to go away - period.  The only reason still being played are the Campaigns, but those reward tanks are crap now. 

We all hate arty - I used to play for years but not now.  They are like the cockroaches like the wheeled vehicles and E25 that run around that need to die/nerf/begone/banished.  But WOT is stuck with arty so the more nerfs the better.

And guess what my MOS in the Marines was - yup, arty.

tankenstein56 #7 Posted Dec 03 2021 - 23:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 22777 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE
Arty rebalance didn't fix the arty problems, the more advanced slow firing arty was working ok before, its the low tier rapid fire ones that are ruining gameplay.  Please make an adjustment to the damage, pen, or fire rate on the Lehf.   This tank is broken and makes playing tiers 4-6 in anything slow moving unbearable.  I think arty is an important component to the game to stop heavies from camping hull down and becoming invincible, but part of what arty brings to the game is preventing camping.  Lehf doesn't do that, it just constantly rains shells on anything slow and keeps it permatracked until its dead.  If you can't move fast, and a lefh gets you in its sights, you are dead, there is no strategy you can employ, its just game over.   Look at match statistics and see how this tier V prem arty is top damage in almost every game it plays.   PLEASE NERF IT, or remove from game entirely like the E100WT

TAI_Von_Budd #8 Posted Jan 08 2022 - 20:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 61865 battles
  • [AFW] AFW

View PostFartslinger, on Dec 03 2021 - 07:27, said:

Have been playing WOT for 9 years.  It's time for World of Artillery to go away - period.  The only reason still being played are the Campaigns, but those reward tanks are crap now. 

"We all hate arty"

"We" is apparently an undefined metric. You and quite a few others may hate arty, but apparently there is enough who play arty and it isn't all about meeting some extreme Campaign mission goals. At this point in the game, arty fire is not much more than an annoyance unless you play as if you are "arty proof". In that case, I can see why you hate something that makes you actually move your tank.

Draschel #9 Posted Jan 10 2022 - 05:03

Captain

• Players
  • 2074 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 03 2021 - 14:31, said:

The HE nerf did not affect arty rounds. The SPG ammo changes was separate and different from the HE nerfs.

Wrong. The 1.13 HE changes introduced alot of '....soft countermeasures....' that indirectly nerf arta. In addition, it lowered the HE damage of the HE stun shell type. The secondary Alternate HE shell can't be used for stun missions

In addition the HE burst radius changes from a year ago? 18 months ago? Reductions to area of effect and HE effect drop off, reduced stun times, reduced stack-able stun times. Not to mention better spall liner equipment. Field mod HE protection too.

Also tagged with arty, balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users