None "Gold Ammo" game mode

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Kitfox18 #1 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 02:16

Private

• Players
  • 7247 battles
  • [PAW] PAW

Over my time playing this game on a few servers I have noticed a terrible trend on the US servers.  This being people that use nothing but "gold ammo" and a lot of people doing that.  I am fully aware that some tanks it can be sometimes required unless you get them at just the right angle and all but the idea that some players shoot nothing but this ammo type is honestly kind of sad.  What makes it worse is a few things.  The first being they act like they are actually good at the game.  This is in all reality not true.  The second is that this deters new players that just get smoked with little to no chance.  The worse and final point I will note is that it is either people that have played this game forever and have the crazy amount of silver to afford it or worse, the people that open their wallet and just buy gold like crazy that are the ones doing it.  

Here is what I am saying, just have a game mode that does not allow players to use "gold ammo" in that game.  Just a variation on the Random Battle mode.  Don't change anything else about it.  Don't change the rewards, don't change the experience, don't change the credits earned nothing.  Don't alter anything else except that "gold ammo is not allowed to be equipped on a talk enter this game mode.  This will have a lot of advantages as it will be better for new players.  IT will actually allow people to see how good of a player they are and it will allow people to enter a game knowing that it is a fair playing field.

I am fully aware some people will come in with the best equipment and top crews and that is ok.  They will still at least have a fair playing field in a big way.  I know a lot of people on the forums will hate this idea being they are the "gold ammo" spammers I am talking about but new and casual players will greatly enjoy this kind of option and it will not only increase the number of players but also increase the number of players that sooner or later will spend money on the game.  Something they would not have with just getting spammed buy gold ammo and being killed over and over again till they quit.   

CAPTMUDDXX #2 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 02:28

Major

• Players
  • 22218 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

I have an EU account. They don't just load up premium ammo, they start wasting it as soon as the countdown ends.

Get use to it.

1stOregonVolCavalry #3 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 02:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12019 battles
  • [B-B-T] B-B-T

View PostKitfox18, on Jan 14 2022 - 02:16, said:

Over my time playing this game on a few servers I have noticed a terrible trend on the US servers.  This being people that use nothing but "gold ammo" and a lot of people doing that.  I am fully aware that some tanks it can be sometimes required unless you get them at just the right angle and all but the idea that some players shoot nothing but this ammo type is honestly kind of sad.  What makes it worse is a few things.  The first being they act like they are actually good at the game.  This is in all reality not true.  The second is that this deters new players that just get smoked with little to no chance.  The worse and final point I will note is that it is either people that have played this game forever and have the crazy amount of silver to afford it or worse, the people that open their wallet and just buy gold like crazy that are the ones doing it.  

Here is what I am saying, just have a game mode that does not allow players to use "gold ammo" in that game.  Just a variation on the Random Battle mode.  Don't change anything else about it.  Don't change the rewards, don't change the experience, don't change the credits earned nothing.  Don't alter anything else except that "gold ammo is not allowed to be equipped on a talk enter this game mode.  This will have a lot of advantages as it will be better for new players.  IT will actually allow people to see how good of a player they are and it will allow people to enter a game knowing that it is a fair playing field.

I am fully aware some people will come in with the best equipment and top crews and that is ok.  They will still at least have a fair playing field in a big way.  I know a lot of people on the forums will hate this idea being they are the "gold ammo" spammers I am talking about but new and casual players will greatly enjoy this kind of option and it will not only increase the number of players but also increase the number of players that sooner or later will spend money on the game.  Something they would not have with just getting spammed buy gold ammo and being killed over and over again till they quit.   

Why are best equipment and top crews okay to roll over new players with, but gold ammo is not? New players can get and use gold ammo a lot easier than they can get 5 skill crews and bond and bounty equipment. Also, I'd assume a new player would benefit more from firing gold to make penetrating shots, more so than highly skilled players who by having better crews and better knowledge of weak spots would not need to fire gold to penetrate.

Want to help new players? Provide a beginner battle queue where the more advanced your rating is, the less you get for playing in it. Reduce the value of 'wins' and other payouts (credits, crew experience, free XP, etc.) and adjust the battle results so they don't complete missions as easily - if your mission needs to you get 5,000 damage, you get a reduced damage impact on the mission depending on your rating.  For example, if you create 2,000 damage, you only get 500 damage towards the 5,000 damage mission if you are a purple player and 750 if you are a blue player, etc.

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 39841 battles

View PostKitfox18, on Jan 14 2022 - 01:16, said:

Why does it really matter what type of ammo another player shot you with?

If you're in a heavily armored tank, those players are playing smart and using the ammo they may NEED to use in order to beat you.

If you're in a lightly armored tank, those players are essentially just throwing their own Credits away...since their Standard rounds would probably have easily penned you.

So, essentially, it shouldn't matter what type of ammo those players are firing. What SHOULD matter is that you're putting yourself into the wrong positions to ALLOW those other players to actually shoot you.

Furthermore, there are situations where a player DOES switch ammo types depending on which tanks they are shooting at. And, sometimes, it could just be that they happened to have a Premium round loaded when you presented yourself as a target. 

Plus, it's also possible that some players run out of their Standards rounds and only have Premium left to shoot.

But, if it's really that big of an issue for you, maybe YOU should load up a few tanks with nothing but Premium ammo and teach those other players what it feels like to be spammed. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

bad_73 #5 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 02:49

Captain

• Players
  • 1654 battles
I play for free,well mostly tho that was in the past,and others pay to kill me....tho they think the credits they buy are free...lol

skhend25 #6 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 02:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 4328 battles

Have money, will fire gold. People are competitive and rarely think clearly where any contest is concerned. If they got $10 bucks and just got 1 shotted in the last game... wanna guess where the money's going. Always dying early cuz you can't pen that T8 in your T6? guess where that money's going. The psychology behind it has been used in marketing and by con artists for centuries, legally of course.

Its a suckers bet for those who feel their manhood is on the line as soon as their fingers touch the controller and its made WG a pretty fat living. 

NOTHING anyone will say or suggest will change it, they make too much money on the psychologically unenlightened and financially fluid... and good for them... better gold ammo than drugs, right?

Angry_Johnny_Killbillys #7 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 03:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 23 battles
Gold spam complainers seem to fail to understand Prem ammo is the single mechanic that is a balancing factor in a totally unbalanced game. Most Gold spam complainers are in tanks that a spit ball can pen and whatever available ammo will pen them or want their heavy to be immune to damage. Frankly it is tiresome at the least.

_Katyusha___ #8 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 23573 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
The game have several big issues to solve, "2 key" ammo is not one of them

Maggz #9 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 04:21

Captain

• Players
  • 47615 battles
  • [-TRN-] -TRN-
Sorry but whining about players shooting premium ammo, i will not call it gold ammo as it is purchasable vie credits, Will get you no where. The ammo costs more, so what, no one cares. It is not a lack of skill that drives them to use this type of ammo. It is the ever increasing hull down style OP armor tanks WG keeps designing. This is not the huge issue your long post states that it is.

Ironmike11B #10 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 07:24

Major

• Players
  • 34210 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostKitfox18, on Jan 13 2022 - 19:16, said:

View Post1stOregonVolCavalry, on Jan 13 2022 - 19:34, said:

Why are best equipment and top crews okay to roll over new players with, but gold ammo is not? New players can get and use gold ammo a lot easier than they can get 5 skill crews and bond and bounty equipment. Also, I'd assume a new player would benefit more from firing gold to make penetrating shots, more so than highly skilled players who by having better crews and better knowledge of weak spots would not need to fire gold to penetrate.

Want to help new players? Provide a beginner battle queue where the more advanced your rating is, the less you get for playing in it. Reduce the value of 'wins' and other payouts (credits, crew experience, free XP, etc.) and adjust the battle results so they don't complete missions as easily - if your mission needs to you get 5,000 damage, you get a reduced damage impact on the mission depending on your rating.  For example, if you create 2,000 damage, you only get 500 damage towards the 5,000 damage mission if you are a purple player and 750 if you are a blue player, etc.

What I have noticed is that both of you, especially Kitfxox18, are subpar players. You both create a negative vacuum. Either learn to play this game as is or go play a game more to your skill level. Might I suggest solitaire or minecraft.

UnitG2 #11 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 07:39

Captain

• Players
  • 41842 battles
  • [88MPH] 88MPH

View PostKitfox18, on Jan 13 2022 - 17:16, said:

... just have a game mode that ...

10% of all matches have one of:

• Weather: view range drops
  • Supply line: all ammo to standard
  • Bushed: +20% bushes randomly placed (not on pavement of course)

MudShark92553 #12 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25556 battles
  • [LINCS] LINCS

if you get killed does it matter what with? There is NO GOLD ammo.

jursky #13 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 03:42

Private

• Players
  • 17883 battles
Now I understand that yes this is a game. However I also understand that the will to play said game can be shattered when certain game mechanics are used/exploited often or not. Premium/Gold Ammo are a necessity of the game in certain situations. They are used against certain targets that are simply too well positioned to hit their weak spots. However; should you punish a player who puts their tanks in winning positions? No, obviously that is not the right thing to do. But the same can be said for the other end of the spectrum. Yes I have noticed a recent uptick in Gold Ammo use in the game. Nearly ever match has been bedazzled with gold. I will admit it got somewhat frustrated when in an E25 I was hit by several gold rounds from an Strv S1 tank, a tank that does not need that for me. Since I hear both sides of the table's arguments as legit positions I propose that a fix to the proposed problem would be to simply increase the cost of using Gold Ammo. This would then allow people to still acquire and use said ammo, but force them to be more tactical with it. This will prevent a majority of the players from experiencing the "Gold Spam" that is being spoken of right now. This is my humble opinion and can be viewed as correct or incorrect. So if you agree or disagree, I don't care really, don't leave a comment as most, if not all people, don't really care. This is just a statement to generate thought for the discussion. 

UnitG2 #14 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 04:16

Captain

• Players
  • 41842 battles
  • [88MPH] 88MPH

View Postjursky, on Jan 14 2022 - 18:42, said:

... simply increase the cost of using Gold Ammo. ...

Great idea, why hide it in a wall of impenetrable text.

The counter or in combo, keep the pen increased but drop the damage.

BlancPanzer #15 Posted Jan 18 2022 - 21:35

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostKitfox18, on Jan 14 2022 - 02:16, said:

IMO, the best idea would be: give tanks weak spots at the same time as reducing premium ammo. Good players can hit weak spots while hiding their own and if the enemy decides to shoot gold, they have less damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users