crew retrain qualifications

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Black___Tiger #1 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 3955 battles
  • [A_C_R] A_C_R

Have a question about changing the qualifications of crew.

In planning my tier x crew, ideally I'd like to retrain and change the qualifications of my best crew to the tier X.

So If I have a commander with 3 skills trained, working on a fourth (83%), I know if I retrain them to another vehicle they keep their skills.  But what if I want to change their qualification from Commander to say Driver?

Some of the skills they currently have are not available to a driver.  Do they keep them anyway?  Do they loose the skill but keep the 'trained to 100%' and can pick new ones?  Or is it a wipe and they start at 0 skills trained?

Further,  what about special crew earned through events? Like Queen Maeve?  Upon recruit she has brothers in arms, and I think one more at 100%.  If I change her qualifaction from Commander, she has 3 skills trained to 100% and a fourth at 85%. Do I loose anything if I change her from commander?  (Six Sense, Repairs, Jack of all Trades, Recon 85%)

Just trying to plan ahead and not make a stupid mistake.

qisjlh #2 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24646 battles
  • [OHAYO] OHAYO

View PostBlack___Tiger, on Jan 14 2022 - 18:09, said:

Have a question about changing the qualifications of crew.

In planning my tier x crew, ideally I'd like to retrain and change the qualifications of my best crew to the tier X.

So If I have a commander with 3 skills trained, working on a fourth (83%), I know if I retrain them to another vehicle they keep their skills.  But what if I want to change their qualification from Commander to say Driver?

Some of the skills they currently have are not available to a driver.  Do they keep them anyway?  Do they loose the skill but keep the 'trained to 100%' and can pick new ones?  Or is it a wipe and they start at 0 skills trained?

You must pay to change their qualification. All the skills are wiped but the experience is till there. So you will get a driver with 3.83 empty skills for you to choose.

View PostBlack___Tiger, on Jan 14 2022 - 18:09, said:

Further,  what about special crew earned through events? Like Queen Maeve?  Upon recruit she has brothers in arms, and I think one more at 100%.  If I change her qualifaction from Commander, she has 3 skills trained to 100% and a fourth at 85%. Do I loose anything if I change her from commander?  (Six Sense, Repairs, Jack of all Trades, Recon 85%)

She can only be a commander. There are certain zero-perk crew members, generally, the ones from licensing like Queen Maeve and GI Joe, that can only be commanders. Others are practically locked into being commanders. For example, Max von Krieger can theoretically be retrained into other qualifications. However, his zero-perk is Sixth Sense. He is practically locked into being a commander.

Whatever it is, you should carefully plot out what you want to do before spending gold to do this. It can get very costly and you can make disastrous mistakes. Feel free to ask more questions first.

Edited by qisjlh, Jan 14 2022 - 18:28.

Kramah313 #3 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:28

Captain

• Players
  • 11832 battles

View PostKramah313, on Jan 14 2022 - 11:28, said:

I believe that a crew position change (500 gold) includes a skill reset (200 gold by itself) as part of the procedure.

Be aware of two caveats.

1: zero skills can not be changed. Most of the time that’s bia but there are a few crew members that have zero skill sixth sense instead. That will be a wasted skill on any other position. Check out what the first skill trained is to see what the zero skill is if it is a zero skill crew member. I don’t have a great way to determine if it is a zero skill crew member or not. Maybe pull up the skill reset menu and compare what the result for gold retraining would be to what they actually have. It should be the same - if it looks like one less it’s not including the zero skill. I THINK that should work.

2: some special commanders can only be commanders. Some have said there is a binoculars icon next to them in the barracks if that’s the case. I’m guessing queen Maeve in your example might fall into this category. 

Edit: don’t mean to me insulting but you are pretty new so here goes more explanation. By zero skill I mean that some crew members come with a skill already trained that does not require any XP at all and this can’t be retrained. So when they have two skills they only needed one skill’s worth of XP to get it because they didn’t need to train that first one. They’re called zero skill crew members and are very valuable. 

I believe that a crew position change (500 gold) includes a skill reset (200 gold by itself) as part of the procedure.

Be aware of two caveats.

1: zero skills can not be changed. Most of the time that’s bia but there are a few crew members that have zero skill sixth sense instead. That will be a wasted skill on any other position. Check out what the first skill trained is to see what the zero skill is if it is a zero skill crew member. I don’t have a great way to determine if it is a zero skill crew member or not. Maybe pull up the skill reset menu and compare what the result for gold retraining would be to what they actually have. It should be the same - if it looks like one less it’s not including the zero skill. I THINK that should work.

2: some special commanders can only be commanders. Some have said there is a binoculars icon next to them in the barracks if that’s the case. I’m guessing queen Maeve in your example might fall into this category. 

Edit: don’t mean to be insulting but you are pretty low battle count so here goes more explanation. By zero skill I mean that some crew members come with a skill already trained that does not require any XP at all and this can’t be retrained. So when they have two skills they only needed one skill’s worth of XP to get it because they didn’t need to train that first one. They’re called zero skill crew members and are very valuable. 

qisjlh #4 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24646 battles
  • [OHAYO] OHAYO

View PostKramah313, on Jan 14 2022 - 18:28, said:

I don’t have a great way to determine if it is a zero skill crew member or not. Maybe pull up the skill reset menu and compare what the result for gold retraining would be to what they actually have. It should be the same - if it looks like one less it’s not including the zero skill. I THINK that should work.

The foolproof way to do this is to have the mouse hover over the first skill. If there is something to the effect of "cannot be reset," then that is a zero-perk crew member.

five_spot #5 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 32830 battles
  • [IHB] IHB

when changing crew members to different position, all the selected perks/skills are reset.  You would have a crew member with 3 full skills available to select, plus the 4th to select at 85 %.

As for the special commanders, they cannot be changed to a different position as far as I know.  The change button is just greyed out.  

However, if they are not specifically reward commanders to begin with you should be able to swap them to another position with the change button and they will retain the brothers in arms -if it was a 0 skill perk. 

Kramah313 #6 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:32

Captain

• Players
  • 11832 battles

View Postqisjlh, on Jan 14 2022 - 11:30, said:

The foolproof way to do this is to have the mouse hover over the first skill. If there is something to the effect of "cannot be reset," then that is a zero-perk crew member.

THANK YOU. I will try to remember this method. 

Black___Tiger #7 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 18:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 3955 battles
  • [A_C_R] A_C_R

Thank you all for the responses.  It gives me some direction and info to start planning.  And yes, gold can get very expensive, hence why I asked.

qisjlh #8 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 19:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24646 battles
  • [OHAYO] OHAYO

View PostBlack___Tiger, on Jan 14 2022 - 18:43, said:

Thank you all for the responses.  It gives me some direction and info to start planning.  And yes, gold can get very expensive, hence why I asked.

If you can tolerate waiting, there are qualification change discounts that happen about twice a year. One always happens Christmas time, so you missed the boat on that one.

Edited by qisjlh, Jan 14 2022 - 19:19.

Black___Tiger #9 Posted Jan 14 2022 - 20:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 3955 battles
  • [A_C_R] A_C_R

View Postqisjlh, on Jan 14 2022 - 19:19, said:

If you can tolerate waiting, there are qualification change discounts that happen about twice a year. One always happens Christmas time, so you missed the boat on that one.

LOL, i wasn't any where near ready even if I had been aware.  I'm planning about  3-6 months ahead atm.

Also tagged with crew, retrain, qualifications

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users