Rolled Over Ragging

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Gimme_Shelter #1 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 07:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11967 battles

Is it fair to ask WG to fix situations when you roll over, don't die, and end up being useless the rest of the game? I've had some meh roll overs, and had to stay there with either a quitting game penalty or just waiting for the game to end. Having players help you is like < 50/50 chance IMO. Maybe a TBD seconds-situation where you roll over and get put back into the battle? I think this is an easy fix.

While I'm on a roll with my green dragon suggestions, I also think preventing arty from drowning is a feature that needs adding. Let them go into the water and stay there taking a bath while they are spotted until the end of the game with no shooting until the end of the game. If they get out, then they are back into the battle.  

Can't wait for the Chiefs vs. Buccaneers/Packers  Super Bowl.

God bless...Shoot Well....May RNG Gods Bless You

Zippit #2 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 07:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 21104 battles
  • [HSH] HSH

View PostGimme_Shelter, on Jan 15 2022 - 16:33, said:

While I'm on a roll with my green dragon suggestions, I also think preventing arty from drowning is a feature that needs adding. Let them go into the water and stay there taking a bath while they are spotted until the end of the game with no shooting until the end of the game. If they get out, then they are back into the battle.  

Any drowning should reward the closest tank with that tanks leftover HP on the drown.

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 07:56

Major

• Players
  • 39828 battles

WG should put a "self-righting" feature on the Repair Kits. This way, if a player accidentally turns on their side, or worse all the way over to their top, they can "self-right" for the cost of a Repair Kit.

Plus, it might "accidentally" trigger some of those "auto-use" Repair Kit "cheats" that might still be out there. That will teach them. Their tank starts to tilt a little too much and BAM!, used a Repair Kit.

SparkyGT #4 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 08:32

Major

• Players
  • 62585 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

soap rocks and invisible walls, they wanted to introduce physics, then made all the places to get stuck or touch a rock and rollover..................

Edited by SparkyGT, Jan 15 2022 - 08:32.

Tilith #5 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 09:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34179 battles
  • [M3GA] M3GA

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Jan 15 2022 - 16:56, said:

WG should put a "self-righting" feature on the Repair Kits. This way, if a player accidentally turns on their side, or worse all the way over to their top, they can "self-right" for the cost of a Repair Kit.

Plus, it might "accidentally" trigger some of those "auto-use" Repair Kit "cheats" that might still be out there. That will teach them. Their tank starts to tilt a little too much and BAM!, used a Repair Kit.

No, I dont want arcade tank flipping, if I did id go back to playing facebook tanks

all they should do is make a warning arrow show flipped teammates and flipping a teammate over should reward some sort of bonus 

13Jake55 #6 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 12:47

Major

• Players
  • 27572 battles
Put 20 sec or 30 sec clock on it and then blows like when you turn upside down. 30 seconds should be enough time for someone to help and if not you can go to next battle without waiting. Repair kit sounds good too. I don't turn over but a few times a year now unless its a wheelie and it almost always rights itself. A few years ago I had problems with Jumbo brushing a wall and it climbed on i TD s side regularily. I learned to keep a small distance from objects when on the move.lol

GeoMonster #7 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 13:21

Captain

• Players
  • 45754 battles

View PostGimme_Shelter, on Jan 15 2022 - 00:33, said:

Is it fair to ask WG to fix situations when you roll over, don't die, and end up being useless the rest of the game? I've had some meh roll overs, and had to stay there with either a quitting game penalty or just waiting for the game to end. Having players help you is like < 50/50 chance IMO. Maybe a TBD seconds-situation where you roll over and get put back into the battle? I think this is an easy fix.

Can't wait for the Chiefs vs. Buccaneers/Packers  Super Bowl.

God bless...Shoot Well....May RNG Gods Bless You

I see JUST as many NON-ARTY tanks drowning themselves.  So, please stop singleing out arty.  Thanks.

And I agree that an auto-righting system for flipped tanks sure would be nice ... sometimes you flip and spend the entire time wondering how the heck you flipped over in the first place!  And with the penalty associated with trying and failing to right an inverted teammate makes a lot of people NOT want to even try.

omi5cron #8 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 34604 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

i like that term..."rock'nrollover"

EDIT: now i need a tank called Beethoven...so i can...

Edited by omi5cron, Jan 15 2022 - 16:52.

Koala_In_The_Rain #9 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 36255 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postomi5cron, on Jan 15 2022 - 08:51, said:

i like that term..."rock'nrollover"

EDIT: now i need a tank called Beethoven...so i can...

I'd combine some of the suggestions - after 30 seconds on your side or turtled you can use the repair kit to flip back over, since it should clearly take longer to attach magic cables than to magically mend tracks or transmissions.  :teethhappy:

I'm seeing a few more flipped lately, though I haven't flipped me own self for some time.  Did, however, recently wedge my Jumbo (IIRC) into those rocks on the southwest corner of Mines, by the bay, trying to come down off the cliff instead of around the corner.

Yes, I was ....

Edited by Koala_In_The_Rain, Jan 15 2022 - 17:22.

khorender_1 #10 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 19:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9406 battles

View PostSparkyGT, on Jan 15 2022 - 08:32, said:

soap rocks and invisible walls, they wanted to introduce physics, then made all the places to get stuck or touch a rock and rollover..................

Tanks shouldn't be crawling anywhere they want to on the map, I'm glad they added physics.

I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted Jan 15 2022 - 19:55

Major

• Players
  • 31204 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View PostGimme_Shelter, on Jan 15 2022 - 07:33, said:

I've had some meh roll overs, and had to stay there with either a quitting game penalty

You don't get penalized for leaving a game when you're flipped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users