Why Waste My Time With 1v1 Tier 10 Battles

34 replies to this topic

CmdrPurple #1 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 05:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13498 battles
  • [PRPLE] PRPLE

Convince me otherwise. 

If you do not own a T95/FV4201, why waste your time with a 1v1 tier 10 tournament? Most players I've faced have that tank, but I don't. Seasoned tournament players know to hug your tank, at which point the armor and gun become crucial - and that tank wins. I've played against average players (49% win rate, 1200 WN8) and they destroy me in my S Conq. or whichever other tier 10 tank I throw at them. I'm not the best with the S Conq, I'll admit that, but even with my 3.5K DPM, I can't compete with the Chieftain. I suppose if I was an expert with the S Conq, I could compete with an average player in a T95/FV4201, but that's not how it should be. I mean, if I was an expert in a tank, playing an average player in their tank, then I should win. And yet, it takes an expert in a non-Chieftain tank to take on an average player in a Chieftain? And what if I was facing an expert in a Chieftain? Then I could just quit the battle before it started. 

I still don't understand how Wargaming has removed so many other "OP" tanks in the past, or even nerfed them to the point of uselessness, but allows the T95/FV4201 to continue its reign of domination. 

Edited by CmdrPurple, Apr 22 2022 - 05:54.

tritium4ever #2 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 05:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8557 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

The short answer is that you're forced to fire gold to have any chance against a Chieftain or Object 279e, which makes money for WG. Hence why it won't get nerfed.

And if you're wondering why they removed possibly the most OP tank in the history of this game, the Waffentrager Auf E100, the answer is simple: it could clip any tank in the game, and a player that goes from full health to dead in under 10 seconds doesn't have enough time to fire gold. :)

Edited by tritium4ever, Apr 22 2022 - 06:19.

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 06:10

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 51520 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostCmdrPurple, on Apr 21 2022 - 22:52, said:

Convince me otherwise. 

If you do not own a T95/FV4201, why waste your time with a 1v1 tier 10 tournament? Most players I've faced have that tank, but I don't. Seasoned tournament players know to hug your tank, at which point the armor and gun become crucial - and that tank wins. I've played against average players (49% win rate, 1200 WN8) and they destroy me in my S Conq. or whichever other tier 10 tank I throw at them. I'm not the best with the S Conq, I'll admit that, but even with my 3.5K DPM, I can't compete with the Chieftain. I suppose if I was an expert with the S Conq, I could compete with an average player in a T95/FV4201, but that's not how it should be. I mean, if I was an expert in a tank, playing an average player in their tank, then I should win. And yet, it takes an expert in a non-Chieftain tank to take on an average player in a Chieftain? And what if I was facing an expert in a Chieftain? Then I could just quit the battle before it started. 

I still don't understand how Wargaming has removed so many other "OP" tanks in the past, or even nerfed them to the point of uselessness, but allows the T95/FV4201 to continue its reign of domination. 

I have never lost a 1v1 tournament match on Mines to a Chieftain when I'm playing my Super Conqueror.  The SC has more HP and DPM.  However, the Chief can run away from you is the only problem, so you might draw.

__WarChild__

CmdrPurple #4 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 06:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13498 battles
  • [PRPLE] PRPLE

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 22 2022 - 06:10, said:

I have never lost a 1v1 tournament match on Mines to a Chieftain when I'm playing my Super Conqueror.  The SC has more HP and DPM.  However, the Chief can run away from you is the only problem, so you might draw.

__WarChild__

We'll assume that you are telling the truth: You have never lost to a Chieftain. At 2441 WN8 after 423 battles in the S Conq, I would consider you an expert in it, although your 48.70% in it says you've must have been on bad teams more than not. In any case, assuming you are telling the truth about your record against Chieftains, that's what it takes to win against one. Although interestingly enough, the last time you played it was in 2021, well before the Chieftain was so common. I wonder if your record would stand if you had to play 3 or 4 Chieftains per tournament. 

In any case, I am not trying to attack you - I apologize if it reads that way. I'm just making my case: You have failed to convince me to keep on playing 1v1 tier 10 tournaments. 

F4U_wingman #5 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 06:37

Captain

• Players
  • 112519 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

If people have a tank that they think gives them a leg up... they will want to play.

What you might like would be a rating system for tanks based on their "OP" and use that with the PR of the player.

Together this would act as a handy cap in order to make the chances more equal when facing a superior player.

Too crazy of an idea I know since you never see the group you are in with other players even close to your own PR.

Kharah #6 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 06:49

Captain

• Players
  • 24455 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostF4U_wingman, on Apr 22 2022 - 00:37, said:

If people have a tank that they think gives them a leg up... they will want to play.

What you might like would be a rating system for tanks based on their "OP" and use that with the PR of the player.

Together this would act as a handy cap in order to make the chances more equal when facing a superior player.

Too crazy of an idea I know since you never see the group you are in with other players even close to your own PR.

They could also just restrict tournaments to tech tree tanks only, no need for any stupid rating shenanigans.

Ehrlichmann #7 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 07:57

Captain

• Players
  • 31353 battles
  • [SCPZK] SCPZK

View Posttritium4ever, on Apr 21 2022 - 23:59, said:

The short answer is that you're forced to fire gold to have any chance against a Chieftain or Object 279e, which makes money for WG. Hence why it won't get nerfed.

And if you're wondering why they removed possibly the most OP tank in the history of this game, the Waffentrager Auf E100, the answer is simple: it could clip any tank in the game, and a player that goes from full health to dead in under 10 seconds doesn't have enough time to fire gold. :)

Umm, do you know how many tanks can clip ANY TANK in the game just as fast!!  With all the auto-loaders now and the power creep it is easy to eliminate anything in mere seconds.

They removed the Waffentrager due to it being German and dominating the leader boards.  WoB is a Russian made game and due to ego, nationalism, and bias they cannot possibly have a German tank being really good.

German tanks are average or decent but certainly not OP, not even close.

albert_hackin #8 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 10:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8405 battles
  • [CZ4R] CZ4R
i have never lost to a chieftain in a s conq

Alpha_Boomer_Nemesis #9 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 14:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38242 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View PostF4U_wingman, on Apr 22 2022 - 00:37, said:

Wanting a handicap in a tournament system designed to reward the better player is whats so wrong with this player base.
"Im not good enough to beat this person straight up, so they should get less or have a more difficult time for being better!"

ratpak #10 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 14:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostAlpha_Boomer_Nemesis, on Apr 22 2022 - 07:28, said:

Wanting a handicap in a tournament system designed to reward the better player is whats so wrong with this player base.
"Im not good enough to beat this person straight up, so they should get less or have a more difficult time for being better!"

It's simple, if you want all of the player base to be able to compete make all tournaments (not clan wars) Tech Tree tanks only.  It makes no sense for tournaments to not be Tech Tree tanks only.

players already have to see these tanks in randoms and that is discouraging them enough.  Avg players are playing tournys to get gold and prizes because that may be one of the only for them to receive them.

Granted with the onslaught of new Chief players we can surely see that if the player is bad it doesn't matter what tank you are in.

That is my opinion and I don't play tournaments and I'm not a genZ or Millennial.

Edited by ratpak, Apr 22 2022 - 14:49.

Alpha_Boomer_Nemesis #11 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38242 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View Postratpak, on Apr 22 2022 - 08:42, said:

It's simple, if you want all of the player base to be able to compete make all tournaments (not clan wars) Tech Tree tanks only.  It makes no sense for tournaments to not be Tech Tree tanks only.

Particular tanks arent why the majority of the playerbase cant compete.
Also, every tank is available to everyone. There is nothing in any reward that says "only available to players above this PR."
Figure that out, because thats the real "simple" part.

ratpak #12 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 14:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostAlpha_Boomer_Nemesis, on Apr 22 2022 - 07:48, said:

Particular tanks arent why the majority of the playerbase cant compete.
Also, every tank is available to everyone. There is nothing in any reward that says "only available to players above this PR."
Figure that out, because thats the real "simple" part.

we already know any tank won't make a bad player good.  That is quite evident with the onslaught of Chiefs in randoms who are really bad.  If you are not in a clan the Chief and select other tanks are not available to you.

Not all players are in clans or want to be.  To me that means tournaments should be Tech Tree tanks only which would give all players the chance at the least to equally balanced tanks.

Alpha_Boomer_Nemesis #13 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 14:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38242 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View Postratpak, on Apr 22 2022 - 08:56, said:

If you are not in a clan the Chief and select other tanks are not available to you.

Not all players are in clans or want to be.  To me that means tournaments should be Tech Tree tanks only which would give all players the chance at the least to equally balanced tanks.

This is a personal choice, not a limitation of the game or players ability. If youre not willing to join a clan to get clan rewards, thats your problem, not the problem of the rest of the playerbase.
And they ARE available to people not in clans. Said person merely has to join a clan for long enough in a campaign to become eligible to bid, and thats it.
Again, if someone doesnt want to do that, that shouldnt be used to restrict the rest of the playerbase.

Ramrod__ #14 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 15:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 83522 battles
I do not worry when I play against Chieftain in a tournament because I won't play to his tanks strengths.  If you let a Chief force a hull down sniping type of game where he can take advantage of his armor profile then it is very tough.  I normally run a 430U and go make it an up close and in your face brawl where his armor is not very good.  I run about 75-80% wins against Chief drivers, no matter their ratings.  The SC is a far tougher opponent in 1V1's which is why so many players use it in tournament play even if they have a Chieftain in their garage.

ratpak #15 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 15:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostAlpha_Boomer_Nemesis, on Apr 22 2022 - 07:58, said:

This is a personal choice, not a limitation of the game or players ability. If youre not willing to join a clan to get clan rewards, thats your problem, not the problem of the rest of the playerbase.
And they ARE available to people not in clans. Said person merely has to join a clan for long enough in a campaign to become eligible to bid, and thats it.
Again, if someone doesnt want to do that, that shouldnt be used to restrict the rest of the playerbase.

your opinion. My opinion is, I think Tournaments should be restricted to Tech Tree tanks only.  That way they are no restrictions on anyone except to have the proper T10 tank.

I personally also think they should not allow premium tanks in tournaments since that pretty much eliminates players with little money or f2play players.

You want these types of activities to be open, available and equal to everyone.  Tech Tree tank only tournaments for a supposed F2PLAY game is the way it should be.

Projectile_Misfired #16 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 39951 battles

Well, if the tournament is supposed to reward players for their skills against others, and not what tanks they may/may not have, why not let the "tournament" decide what tank players will use?

WG could give each participant the same tank, with the same crew skills, and the same loadouts/setups, and change it from tournament to tournament.

So, for example, today would be "Ikv 103 tournament", where everyone uses an Ikv 103. Then the next tournament could be "WZ-132A tournament" with everyone using a WZ-132A. Then the next tournament could be "Chieftain tournament"....even if the players don't have one in their garage, they get to use a preset one that's just like the one their enemy will use.

Alpha_Boomer_Nemesis #17 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 16:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38242 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View Postratpak, on Apr 22 2022 - 09:15, said:

your opinion. My opinion is, I think Tournaments should be restricted to Tech Tree tanks only.  That way they are no restrictions on anyone except to have the proper T10 tank.

I personally also think they should not allow premium tanks in tournaments since that pretty much eliminates players with little money or f2play players.

You want these types of activities to be open, available and equal to everyone.  Tech Tree tank only tournaments for a supposed F2PLAY game is the way it should be.

That individual tanks are avallable to everyone and are only restricted based on personal choice and ability is not opinion. Its fact.
These activities ARE open available and equal to everyone. Equal opportunity is not equality. And youll never have equaliity in something that has humans as variables.
A person isnt inherently disadvantaged because they choose to make a different choice.
They may become disadvantaged BY that choice, but they have the freedom and equal oppotunity to make that choice.

Mojo_Riesing #18 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 24505 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
Soooo....in this 1v1, single Tier (X), mode have this particular tank, the T95/FV4201, confers such an overwhelming advantage that Wargaming should "do something" about it?

Huh.  Wow

Now here i thought all you REALLY need is that "skill" thing, that your tank, what it's equipped with yadda-yadda-yadda..all that performance enhancing bling does not matter.  It's all about skill and i suppose your dedication to the game.

ratpak #19 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 17:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostAlpha_Boomer_Nemesis, on Apr 22 2022 - 09:03, said:

That individual tanks are avallable to everyone and are only restricted based on personal choice and ability is not opinion. Its fact.
These activities ARE open available and equal to everyone. Equal opportunity is not equality. And youll never have equaliity in something that has humans as variables.
A person isnt inherently disadvantaged because they choose to make a different choice.
They may become disadvantaged BY that choice, but they have the freedom and equal oppotunity to make that choice.

wow, you are totally right.  I will go tell my blind cousin he made a bad choice when he didn't go for his dream to be a nascar driver.

this is a GAME they can have "Tech Tree tanks tournys" and "all tanks tournys" both.

F4U_wingman #20 Posted Apr 22 2022 - 17:19

Captain

• Players
  • 112519 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostAlpha_Boomer_Nemesis, on Apr 22 2022 - 14:28, said:

I only look at the word "handicap" and see how it is used in our life today and as you see it WoT is not rated as a competitive sport...

1. a disadvantage imposed on a superior competitor in sports such as golf, horse racing, and competitive sailing in order to make the chances more equal.

and as for some of us in that player base it is like you are saying I don't care and no handicap parking for you....

a condition that markedly restricts a person's ability to function physically, mentally, or socially:

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users