State of the game

32 replies to this topic

Tankeroo #1 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 14:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11040 battles

With the mission difficulty and the number of points you need for the battle pass season it means grinding 2 hrs a day or more everyday to barely get there

After a month of this you realize the game is like a frustrating job that you begin to hate

The_Pink_Panther #2 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 15:11

Captain

• Players
  • 87 battles
  • [TGWAB] TGWAB
Some days yes, others no.  On some days, noting goes right and on other day, I can hit one or two good battles and advance one or two levels and that's good enough for me.  Doesn't really matter if I complete it or, it's just not that big a deal.

_GeorgePreddy_II #3 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 15:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 496 battles

I simply play for fun, averaging about 10 normal battles per day, 6 days per week, & will have no trouble completing BP well before the end date.

Mojo_Riesing #4 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 24505 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
The Battle Pass isnt' that difficult, it's fairly well explained and simple (unlike many WoT Events). I'm moving through it lazily an expect to finish it. This is one event WG does a good job with, same for the Christmas season Holiday events.  Sometimes if have to wonder if, like Frontline, the development here is outsourced.

On the whole, despite a few things i dislike, WoT is basically well run, bug free, and very accessible as game play. IF you're growing to hate it, it's time to take a break. If it's like having a job, and many players especially the Forum hacks we see here think it should be, that's up to you ..but i'd agree, that's a lousy job.  Definitely time to move on. 

typhlosion57 #5 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 16:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 15308 battles
  • [FNWG] FNWG
Tier 6 and 7 are the best to play the Battle Pass. The point total on tanks is low meaning you get those bonus points rather quickly too

FrontenacDuVandoo #6 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 17:21

Captain

• Players
  • 25696 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

You have to ask yourself why you are playing the game. To get rewards or to get enjoyment. If the later then it doesn't matter whether you get the bling they dangle in front of you to keep you logged-in.

If to get rewards, ok, but then what. So you got some extra goodies... what are you going to do with them? play some more, but you don't enjoy the game at that point, so why get the goodies in the first place?

I was at that point some while ago, I took a few months break and it did me good. Sure I felt like I missed out on some events, but this isn't a job. My pixel tanks were there when I came back, and there were some other events/rewards to go for.

CrazyCrave #7 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 19:58

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23500 battles

I payed the extra on the Battle Pass and really the best way to go, a lot of things up for grabs along the way like days of premium time and crew books ect.. 

I have one of the books done and like Chapter 26 on one and 32 on the other book, got a captain with 3 skills and a bounty turbo on the book I finished plus picked up some tank skins, plus somehow, I got the bounty vent long before any books being done.

I still had enough BP tokens to get the AE Phase 1 which comes with purple repair kit, so it's been one of the best events I have seen for the cost to play it in a long time. 

I have a tank/ bounty vent /bounty turbo/ Captain with 3 skills/ 3 sets of skins and then the premium days and bonds which buy the purple equipment that does not need 3 million coin like the bounty stuff to get the bonus. Some days I can play up to 40 games trying to move the mark.

dropdeadred #8 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 20:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 15300 battles
  • [STPC] STPC

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Apr 24 2022 - 16:21, said:

You have to ask yourself why you are playing the game. To get rewards or to get enjoyment. If the later then it doesn't matter whether you get the bling they dangle in front of you to keep you logged-in.

If to get rewards, ok, but then what. So you got some extra goodies... what are you going to do with them? play some more, but you don't enjoy the game at that point, so why get the goodies in the first place?

I was at that point some while ago, I took a few months break and it did me good. Sure I felt like I missed out on some events, but this isn't a job. My pixel tanks were there when I came back, and there were some other events/rewards to go for.

Edited by dropdeadred, Apr 24 2022 - 20:51.

Dr_Powderfinger #9 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 20:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15318 battles

It's best in WG games(I'm including warships, I play that too) not to obsess over the missions and campaigns too much.

Play the tanks you like, play for fun or competition, and you will progress in the missions and campaigns naturally.

However if your primary focus is playing for the "carrot" of grindy never-ending missions and campaigns it can burn you out, cause you to spend money you don't need to, and cause you to play poorly b/c you are more focused on completing the mission than earning the win.

Treat the missions as a bonus, not the focus. You might not get every shiny reward, but you'll still get lots of free stuff and be happier.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger, Apr 24 2022 - 20:50.

dropdeadred #10 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 20:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 15300 battles
  • [STPC] STPC

View PostCrazyCrave, on Apr 24 2022 - 18:58, said:

I payed the extra on the Battle Pass and really the best way to go, a lot of things up for grabs along the way like days of premium time and crew books ect.. 

I have one of the books done and like Chapter 26 on one and 32 on the other book, got a captain with 3 skills and a bounty turbo on the book I finished plus picked up some tank skins, plus somehow, I got the bounty vent long before any books being done.

I still had enough BP tokens to get the AE Phase 1 which comes with purple repair kit, so it's been one of the best events I have seen for the cost to play it in a long time. 

I have a tank/ bounty vent /bounty turbo/ Captain with 3 skills/ 3 sets of skins and then the premium days and bonds which buy the purple equipment that does not need 3 million coin like the bounty stuff to get the bonus. Some days I can play up to 40 games trying to move the mark.

l/m/a/o/

He implied people actually play world of tanks for fun. 

no, sorry,

it's actually just your addiction to it:

truth is, you hate this game, but you've invested soo many hours into it, you feel it would be a waste if you stopped.

it's called Stockholm Syndrome.

Tankeroo #11 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 21:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11040 battles

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Apr 24 2022 - 11:21, said:

I quit for 10 years

Came back, nothing changed

Probably worse now as you have people running around with 5000 battles on a tier 8 tank and 800% crew while you struggle with your 75% crew

Brohammer #12 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 22:31

Captain

• Players
  • 41442 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT

It's secondary whether or not the game is a win, it's primary when my shots disappear into nothing. Was it fun? 

Tankeroo #13 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 23:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11040 battles

View Post_GeorgePreddy_II, on Apr 24 2022 - 09:12, said:

I simply play for fun, averaging about 10 normal battles per day, 6 days per week, & will have no trouble completing BP well before the end date.

If you get a "win 5 battles" with a bonus "kill 4 tanks in one battle" then your 10 battles won't cut it

Most people are 50% win ratio because the matchmaker decides who wins, so 5 wins take 10 matches on average.

Don't know how many games it takes for you to get 4 kills in a match, maybe another 10?

So 20 games on average is 2 hrs?

Edited by Tankeroo, Apr 25 2022 - 00:48.

Tankeroo #14 Posted Apr 24 2022 - 23:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11040 battles

View PostBrohammer, on Apr 24 2022 - 16:31, said:

It's secondary whether or not the game is a win, it's primary when my shots disappear into nothing. Was it fun? 

Its more fun when your crew gets killed first hit, heal, same crew killed next hit.

_GeorgePreddy_II #15 Posted Apr 25 2022 - 01:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 496 battles

View PostTankeroo, on Apr 24 2022 - 23:56, said:

If you get a "win 5 battles" with a bonus "kill 4 tanks in one battle" then your 10 battles won't cut it

Most people are 50% win ratio because the matchmaker decides who wins, so 5 wins take 10 matches on average.

Don't know how many games it takes for you to get 4 kills in a match, maybe another 10?

So 20 games on average is 2 hrs?

Averaging about 10 normal Random battles per day, 6 days per week, I will have no trouble completing BP well before the end date.

This statement is correct for me. If you want it to be easier for you to complete events, you need to learn how to game the game.

Tankeroo #16 Posted Apr 25 2022 - 03:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11040 battles

View Post_GeorgePreddy_II, on Apr 24 2022 - 19:25, said:

Averaging about 10 normal Random battles per day, 6 days per week, I will have no trouble completing BP well before the end date.

This statement is correct for me. If you want it to be easier for you to complete events, you need to learn how to game the game.

The option to "game the game" expands when your crew has a ton of experience

That's not the case when you're working with crew that's just starting

_GeorgePreddy_II #17 Posted Apr 25 2022 - 15:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 496 battles

View PostTankeroo, on Apr 25 2022 - 03:26, said:

The option to "game the game" expands when your crew has a ton of experience

That's not the case when you're working with crew that's just starting

With your ~11,000 battles, you should have some decent crews in at least a few tanks,

which you could use to do your daily missions with, and therefore gain the BP points you need.

Seems like you just rather complain about things being too hard.

Ehrlichmann #18 Posted Apr 26 2022 - 01:22

Captain

• Players
  • 31353 battles
  • [SCPZK] SCPZK

View PostTankeroo, on Apr 24 2022 - 08:57, said:

With the mission difficulty and the number of points you need for the battle pass season it means grinding 2 hrs a day or more everyday to barely get there

After a month of this you realize the game is like a frustrating job that you begin to hate

ALL of WG events are that way.  That is nothing new.

One has to put forth an UNGODLY effort to achieve even close to what is necessary.

That is why I stopped long long ago.

_GeorgePreddy_II #19 Posted Apr 26 2022 - 15:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 496 battles

View PostEhrlichmann, on Apr 26 2022 - 01:22, said:

ALL of WG events are that way.  That is nothing new.

One has to put forth an UNGODLY effort to achieve even close to what is necessary.

That is why I stopped long long ago.

Your hyperbole is way too strong.

Not "ALL" WG events are extremely difficult. BP is not extreme, for instance.

"UNGODLY effort", as you put it, is not required of some players in ANY event. Some events require tremendous effort by some, moderate effort by some, and little effort by others.

Some events are fairly easy for almost anyone other than seriously "challenged" players.

You say that you stopped doing events, and that may be the right choice for you.

I don't do the really drawn out & very difficult ones (like most win-a-tank marathons).

But the majority of WoT events are not more than moderately difficult for me, so I do those.

Battle Pass is very easy for me by just playing normally, & getting my daily missions completed quickly & easily.

Tankeroo #20 Posted Apr 26 2022 - 16:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11040 battles

View Post_GeorgePreddy_II, on Apr 25 2022 - 09:39, said:

With your ~11,000 battles, you should have some decent crews in at least a few tanks,

which you could use to do your daily missions with, and therefore gain the BP points you need.

Seems like you just rather complain about things being too hard.

10K battles in Beta before crew skills existed

I have tanks with 400K spare experience and 75% crew

Basically have to grind back from tier 3 because playing at tier 6 with 75% crew is impossible

won't finish the BP so won't be able to spend any points to even get the extra crewman

That's actually the worst part, having to complete it in order to spend the points.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users