Jump to content


State of the game


47 replies to this topic

_GeorgePreddy_II #21 Posted Apr 27 2022 - 03:04

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 496 battles
  • 798
  • Member since:
    12-08-2021

View PostTankeroo, on Apr 26 2022 - 16:23, said:

10K battles in Beta before crew skills existed

I have tanks with 400K spare experience and 75% crew

Basically have to grind back from tier 3 because playing at tier 6 with 75% crew is impossible

 

won't finish the BP so won't be able to spend any points to even get the extra crewman

That's actually the worst part, having to complete it in order to spend the points.

 

 

So, you're just suffering more or less what a player with only ~600 battles normally suffers.

 

Welcome to a game that requires thousands of battles (or dollars) to have a good quality play experience.

 

We all went through the building years... unfortunately, you sort of wasted 10k battles in some ways.

 

That's not the fault of WG though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



FrontenacDuVandoo #22 Posted Apr 27 2022 - 18:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26205 battles
  • 1,886
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostTankeroo, on Apr 24 2022 - 21:26, said:

The option to "game the game" expands when your crew has a ton of experience

That's not the case when you're working with crew that's just starting

 

The guy plays on SA server. Not the same crowd, and bots to farm when you go low tier to complete a specific mission since the dailies don't have a tier requirement. Gaming the game is spot on.

 

If you have credits to spare invest in crew books. 2 million to get 1.5 skill on a crew that just reached 100% is credits well spent.



FrontenacDuVandoo #23 Posted Apr 27 2022 - 19:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26205 battles
  • 1,886
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View Postdropdeadred, on Apr 24 2022 - 14:50, said:

l/m/a/o/

He implied people actually play world of tanks for fun. 

 

no, sorry,

it's actually just your addiction to it:

truth is, you hate this game, but you've invested soo many hours into it, you feel it would be a waste if you stopped.

 

it's called Stockholm Syndrome.

Confession through projection from someone who played 900 games in the last 60 days.

But none in the last week, keep it up. You too can break the habit!



Tankeroo #24 Posted May 01 2022 - 14:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12319 battles
  • 262
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Apr 27 2022 - 12:58, said:

The guy plays on SA server. Not the same crowd, and bots to farm when you go low tier to complete a specific mission since the dailies don't have a tier requirement. Gaming the game is spot on.

 

If you have credits to spare invest in crew books. 2 million to get 1.5 skill on a crew that just reached 100% is credits well spent.

Trying to earn some credits with the T34

might be better off earning credits at tier 3

That T34 is an ungodly piece of crap, might be more worth it to sell it for the credits



FrontenacDuVandoo #25 Posted May 01 2022 - 16:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26205 battles
  • 1,886
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostTankeroo, on May 01 2022 - 08:29, said:

Trying to earn some credits with the T34

might be better off earning credits at tier 3

That T34 is an ungodly piece of crap, might be more worth it to sell it for the credits

Yeah, T34 is has been power-crept over the years.

Tier 5-6 is a good spot even in non-premiums when you're crews aren't all that great.

 

Each Friday you can get 3 day a rental, usually a tier 8 premium, with a code given out on WoT's youtube channel. This week it's the Bourrasque, code is 100MORE.
direct link: http://na.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=100MORE



Tankeroo #26 Posted May 01 2022 - 18:03

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12319 battles
  • 262
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on May 01 2022 - 10:25, said:

Yeah, T34 is has been power-crept over the years.

Tier 5-6 is a good spot even in non-premiums when you're crews aren't all that great.

 

Each Friday you can get 3 day a rental, usually a tier 8 premium, with a code given out on WoT's youtube channel. This week it's the Bourrasque, code is 100MORE.
direct link: http://na.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=100MORE

I have a Super Chaffe that looks even worse, and a Super hellcat that dies before the six sense even lights up



Tankeroo #27 Posted May 01 2022 - 19:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12319 battles
  • 262
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on May 01 2022 - 10:25, said:

Yeah, T34 is has been power-crept over the years.

Tier 5-6 is a good spot even in non-premiums when you're crews aren't all that great.

 

Each Friday you can get 3 day a rental, usually a tier 8 premium, with a code given out on WoT's youtube channel. This week it's the Bourrasque, code is 100MORE.
direct link: http://na.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=100MORE

I spent 6 million improving the crew of the t34 and after 1 hr of playing it I'm ready to throw my PC out the window

Time to quit this crapgame for another 11 year



Shia_Halud #28 Posted May 01 2022 - 23:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11589 battles
  • 810
  • [GOH] GOH
  • Member since:
    12-01-2019
The game is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get. The not knowing is the fun part, having to pit one's skill and treachry against an unknown opponent with similar or better skills can be exhilarating, to say the least. :B

cavalry11 #29 Posted May 11 2022 - 14:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65840 battles
  • 1,855
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013
Why does game center need to update every day?

_GeorgePreddy_II #30 Posted May 11 2022 - 17:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 496 battles
  • 798
  • Member since:
    12-08-2021

My game center doesn't update even CLOSE to every day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



cavalry11 #31 Posted May 15 2022 - 15:05

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65840 battles
  • 1,855
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

Mine does at least once a day and that is a fact

 



ITZBL1TZ_YT #32 Posted May 16 2022 - 07:44

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 0
  • Member since:
    06-24-2016

Wargaming seriously doesnt care about the community anymore.. i've been a 9 year veteran for world of tanks i've made a couple purchases here and there.. but ever since 2018-19 came around.. stuff went downhill FAST.  Added the cheiftain for ranked. made grinds rediculously hard. 

i left some update suggestions here for you people to react to them


1:Remove the cheiftain (cause its overpowered and needs a nerf)

2:remove artillery.. i dont care if your bad. get some skill.
3:give the old HE back

4:balance teams (one half good other half bad on both teams)

5:stop selling tanks in crates or loot boxes

6:make events with balanced tanks and earnable 

7:set a limit on how many premium shells you can take in a battle. (3/4 AP 1/4 APCR/HEAT to stop that annoying flex. we know you have 6B credits in your account)

8:nerf the OBJ 279.. make its frontal plate weaker and give it a bigger coupla

 

and thats it.. let me know what you think



KiltedBlackhorse #33 Posted May 16 2022 - 16:14

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 160
  • Member since:
    02-04-2022

View PostITSYABOITONKIBOO16, on May 16 2022 - 01:44, said:

Wargaming seriously doesnt care about the community anymore.. i've been a 9 year veteran for world of tanks i've made a couple purchases here and there.. but ever since 2018-19 came around.. stuff went downhill FAST.  Added the cheiftain for ranked. made grinds rediculously hard. 

i left some update suggestions here for you people to react to them


1:Remove the cheiftain (cause its overpowered and needs a nerf)

2:remove artillery.. i dont care if your bad. get some skill.
3:give the old HE back

4:balance teams (one half good other half bad on both teams)

5:stop selling tanks in crates or loot boxes

6:make events with balanced tanks and earnable 

7:set a limit on how many premium shells you can take in a battle. (3/4 AP 1/4 APCR/HEAT to stop that annoying flex. we know you have 6B credits in your account)

8:nerf the OBJ 279.. make its frontal plate weaker and give it a bigger coupla

 

and thats it.. let me know what you think

 

Never gonna happen ...

 

Addressing Arty directly, I think every Arty Whiner in the game needs to sit under a battery-one irl, then come back and tell us how wimpy WOT arty really is ... :sceptic:

 

I do believe that the old HE should return to the game, and Arty should fire nothing else unless it is shooting direct LOS for self-defense. Stun should have been part of Arty from the very beginning, but shouldn't be a special round. What WG did there is just plain stupid.

 

Premium Ammo cap is reasonable in-general, but reduces the revenue stream ... (And, when you're two-tiers down, premium ammo is all you have if you want to fight the battle. In my experience, it's always the top-tier players that whine about being hit by premium ammo from lower tiers. Sorry, whiners, it's not supposed to be a cake walk.)

 

Intsead, they'll just keep adding new ammo types for the child-gamers ... :sceptic:

 

Odd that you didn't mention Wheels ... I'm all for having Wheels in WOT (I'd like to see more of them, and armed Halftracks, too), but their HP need to be half of what they are, and maybe their top speeds reduced by a couple of kmph. The acrobatics are stupid, but that's for the kiddies.

 

I also think that everyone on the enemy side in every battle mode should be anonymous until the battle results come-up.

 

XVM should only apply on your own side, so you know what you're working with.

 

But, I highly doubt that any of that will ever happen, either. 


Edited by KiltedBlackhorse, May 18 2022 - 19:56.


Draschel #34 Posted May 20 2022 - 21:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 2074 battles
  • 2,809
  • Member since:
    04-01-2020

View PostTankeroo, on Apr 25 2022 - 03:26, said:

The option to "game the game" expands when your crew has a ton of experience

That's not the case when you're working with crew that's just starting

 

 

You need to be like him.  Go to SA server, stay at your base, and attack AI bots. Play only tiers 3,4,5.  You will be fine then.



Tankeroo #35 Posted May 22 2022 - 14:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12319 battles
  • 262
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostDraschel, on May 20 2022 - 15:44, said:

 

You need to be like him.  Go to SA server, stay at your base, and attack AI bots. Play only tiers 3,4,5.  You will be fine then.

i dont go on the SA server but I end up having to play tier 2 and 3 just to get the dailies

its is funny to see people at tier 3 with 7000 battles in a tank and only shooting gold bullets

 

 

 



WalkerSteele #36 Posted May 23 2022 - 22:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 44919 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    10-12-2013

We used to get up to 5 Arty per team, and most arty could one shot kill, i.e., arty was much more powerful and prevalent. I liked it.



Shia_Halud #37 Posted Jun 05 2022 - 08:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11589 battles
  • 810
  • [GOH] GOH
  • Member since:
    12-01-2019
Sure could use a little tweak to the mm, seems the teams suffer when one team has a slew of unicoms, I know lopsided battles happen, however, the regularity raises concerns as to why it exists after so many patches???:popcorn:

Tankeroo #38 Posted Jun 05 2022 - 18:18

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12319 battles
  • 262
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostShia_Halud, on Jun 05 2022 - 02:02, said:

Sure could use a little tweak to the mm, seems the teams suffer when one team has a slew of unicoms, I know lopsided battles happen, however, the regularity raises concerns as to why it exists after so many patches???:popcorn:

Maybe its that way so that when you get rolled you pull out the CC



slayer6 #39 Posted Jun 06 2022 - 08:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16447 battles
  • 1,170
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011

View PostTankeroo, on Apr 24 2022 - 14:57, said:

After a month of this you realize the game is like a frustrating job that you begin to hate

It’s not a job…  It’s unpaid volunteer work…



Rawrlynn #40 Posted Jun 13 2022 - 17:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41302 battles
  • 1,146
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014

View PostITSYABOITONKIBOO16, on May 16 2022 - 07:44, said:

Wargaming seriously doesnt care about the community anymore.. i've been a 9 year veteran for world of tanks i've made a couple purchases here and there.. but ever since 2018-19 came around.. stuff went downhill FAST.  Added the cheiftain for ranked. made grinds rediculously hard. 

i left some update suggestions here for you people to react to them


1:Remove the cheiftain (cause its overpowered and needs a nerf)

2:remove artillery.. i dont care if your bad. get some skill.
3:give the old HE back

4:balance teams (one half good other half bad on both teams)

5:stop selling tanks in crates or loot boxes

6:make events with balanced tanks and earnable 

7:set a limit on how many premium shells you can take in a battle. (3/4 AP 1/4 APCR/HEAT to stop that annoying flex. we know you have 6B credits in your account)

8:nerf the OBJ 279.. make its frontal plate weaker and give it a bigger coupla

 

and thats it.. let me know what you think

1. Chieftain isn't OP.  could is use some nerfing in a few places... yes it could.  the biggest nerf would be to ban it and all reward tanks from CW. 

2. Artillery should be returned to it's original state.  it's barely even useful now.  (imagine how un overpowered a 279e or chieftain would be if arty could still 1 shot.)  you complain about arty to get it nerfed then complain about the tanks arty was put in to counter... just saying. 

3. HE needs to be returned

4. teams could use better balancing not sure if it's via tanks used or skill but there is no way 2 amx 50B's can hold against 2 279e's

5. they have to do something to generate money for the company as many have stopped spending money. removing the gold requirement for premium ammo and consumables actually lessened the revenue of the company and created more whiners. 

6. most of the events the tanks aren't even really worth it.. take the Cobra for 1 it is an ok tank for an average player. there are better choices then the Cobra. the ShpTK-TVP is a great tank but again for the average player it's only ok  with it's lack of armor and gun depression it's not that great of a tank. 

7. this would not be a bad idea.  but that hurts tanks that have low pen on their standard ammo.  the Super conq comes to mind as well as the IS 7  to have a decent game you really need to shoot premium rounds. 

8. the 279e has a cupola and the front is easily penned. perhaps learn to aim. 

 

now after that what really needs to happen is tanks like the 279e and the Chieftain need artillery platoon rules.  only 1 per platoon.   and to be honest that would be a great concept for all tanks.  - your platoon wants to do tier 10, you can't roll out in 3 BC 25T or 3 FV215b 183's only 1 per platoon. 





Reply to this topic



  
For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users