Bug Help - Frustrated with WoT Support

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

APFSDS_120 #1 Posted May 10 2022 - 21:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1713 battles

I am almost at wits end with WoT Support.  They have usually been very responsive and good with fixes but I feel as though I've run into a bug that they just won't /can't fix.  They now want me to submit a video of the problem (I have no clue how to even do this). I have an odd game bug where the Field Mod ammo/equipment selection doesn't work for my SU-100M1 in the game.  It works in the garage just fine.  My SU-152 field mod equipment selection works just fine in game and in the garage.  I have an extensive email chain with WoT Support.  I've done everything including a new clean install on a completely different computer.  This "send us a video" request makes no sense to me at all unless they don't believe me.  Either way it sounds like they have no idea how to fix this bug and I've wasted far more time on this than I ever wanted to and I think I have gone above and beyond what is normally expected of a customer (even a non paying tightwad free to play customer).    As a free to play player, I have a grand total of 3 Tier VII tanks so if one is seriously handicapped, that pretty much spoils a third of the tanks I play.  This has been very disappointing and frustrating.  Has anyone else had an experience like this? Does anyone have a link to how to record my WoT interface to show a working equipment mod in my garage and then show them it fails in game?  I expect that they want me to show an unbroken video of me going straight from my garage into a game to show the actual bug.

Edited by APFSDS_120, May 10 2022 - 21:11.

stalkervision #2 Posted May 10 2022 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 94685 battles
We don't need no stinkin support ! :teethhappy:

ATruk #3 Posted May 10 2022 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 82598 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC

Trying to understand your issue.

Field Mod Equipment has 2 sets of 3 pieces of equipment.

Only one can be selected prior to a battle. This selection can be done once prior to the start of the battle.

Some players that load in late to a battle will have problems with this.

There is a setting in that is supposed to help with this.

If you expect to change equipment while in battle, it cannot be done. I do not know if this is where you are at.

Edited by ATruk, May 10 2022 - 22:32.

APFSDS_120 #4 Posted May 10 2022 - 22:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1713 battles

View PostATruk, on May 10 2022 - 13:31, said:

Trying to understand your issue.

Field Mod Equipment has 2 sets of 3 pieces of equipment.

Only one can be selected prior to a battle. This selection can be done once prior to the start of the battle.

Some players that load in late to a battle will have problems with this.

There is a setting in that is supposed to help with this.

If you expect to change equipment while in battle, it cannot be done. I do not know if this is where you are at.

I am talking about the in game equipment/ammo selection during the countdown before the game starts.  My SU-152 has the equipment/ammo selection/setups available for me to choose during the pre-game countdown.  My SU-100M1 shows the ammo/equipment selection in the garage but it is absent during the pre-game countdown as though I did not have them.  It's very odd and very frustrating.  

Whistling_Death_ #5 Posted May 10 2022 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 80422 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostAPFSDS_120, on May 10 2022 - 15:10, said:

I am almost at wits end with WoT Support.  They have usually been very responsive and good with fixes but I feel as though I've run into a bug that they just won't /can't fix.  They now want me to submit a video of the problem (I have no clue how to even do this). I have an odd game bug where the Field Mod ammo/equipment selection doesn't work for my SU-100M1 in the game.  It works in the garage just fine.  My SU-152 field mod equipment selection works just fine in game and in the garage.  I have an extensive email chain with WoT Support.  I've done everything including a new clean install on a completely different computer.  This "send us a video" request makes no sense to me at all unless they don't believe me.  Either way it sounds like they have no idea how to fix this bug and I've wasted far more time on this than I ever wanted to and I think I have gone above and beyond what is normally expected of a customer (even a non paying tightwad free to play customer).    As a free to play player, I have a grand total of 3 Tier VII tanks so if one is seriously handicapped, that pretty much spoils a third of the tanks I play.  This has been very disappointing and frustrating.  Has anyone else had an experience like this? Does anyone have a link to how to record my WoT interface to show a working equipment mod in my garage and then show them it fails in game?  I expect that they want me to show an unbroken video of me going straight from my garage into a game to show the actual bug.

A video? How about just sending them the battle recording?

ATruk #6 Posted May 10 2022 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 82598 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC

View PostWhistling_Death_, on May 10 2022 - 15:22, said:

A video? How about just sending them the battle recording?

This here.

They can see what you have in the garage I think.

Sending them the battle should also show the absent selections at the start of the battle.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted May 11 2022 - 00:39

Major

• Players
  • 86692 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostAPFSDS_120, on May 10 2022 - 17:46, said:

I am talking about the in game equipment/ammo selection during the countdown before the game starts.  My SU-152 has the equipment/ammo selection/setups available for me to choose during the pre-game countdown.  My SU-100M1 shows the ammo/equipment selection in the garage but it is absent during the pre-game countdown as though I did not have them.  It's very odd and very frustrating.  

OP do you have them turned off by any chance?

Go to the field mod screen and make sure you did not toggle them off. Check the "before the battle" text boxes. Click them to toggle them on and off. The colored highlight around the box will be off if they're toggled off.

Also in the garage they should have a orange-yellowish dot underneath them if they're toggled off.

Hope that helps.

APFSDS_120 #8 Posted May 11 2022 - 04:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1713 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on May 10 2022 - 15:39, said:

OP do you have them turned off by any chance?

Go to the field mod screen and make sure you did not toggle them off. Check the "before the battle" text boxes. Click them to toggle them on and off. The colored highlight around the box will be off if they're toggled off.

Also in the garage they should have a orange-yellowish dot underneath them if they're toggled off.

Hope that helps.

THANKS!  That Fixed it.  I had no idea they could be turned off.  None of the WoT Support staff I contacted didn't think to mention this. I wasted so much time on this one.  

Which to me now brings up the obvious question.  Why the ---- would I want to turn off the Ammo and Equipment Field Mods in battle because I don't know what equipment or ammo setup I want before I see what map and what tier tanks I will be facing.  Sorry, but this to me is almost like the "Destroy Equipment" option.  At least there was some original logic to the "Destroy Equipment" option...

Herschel_Krustofski #9 Posted May 11 2022 - 12:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 120484 battles
  • [KISS] KISS

View PostAPFSDS_120, on May 10 2022 - 22:34, said:

THANKS!  That Fixed it.  I had no idea they could be turned off.  None of the WoT Support staff I contacted didn't think to mention this. I wasted so much time on this one.  

Which to me now brings up the obvious question.  Why the ---- would I want to turn off the Ammo and Equipment Field Mods in battle because I don't know what equipment or ammo setup I want before I see what map and what tier tanks I will be facing.  Sorry, but this to me is almost like the "Destroy Equipment" option.  At least there was some original logic to the "Destroy Equipment" option...

I have a couple of tanks that I've put bond/bounty equipment for setup 1 and no equipment for setup 2. So I've turned off the ability to switch for those tanks. Don't want to mistakenly end up in battle with no equipment because I toggled the wrong key.

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted May 11 2022 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 86692 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostAPFSDS_120, on May 10 2022 - 23:34, said:

You're welcome, glad that was it and it got it fixed for you. 

ATruk #11 Posted May 11 2022 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 82598 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC

The "turn off" feature was added for those that wanted to avoid the "equipment not ready warning" when they  did not  fill the second  slots.

Go back and  +1 heavy up there at post #7  ^^^

p.s. that's one of those "set and forget" switches. If you remembered it, you did it wrong. lol

Edited by ATruk, May 11 2022 - 19:43.

ExploratorOne #12 Posted May 12 2022 - 13:30

Captain

• Players
  • 23652 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
If you haven't already done so, it would be helpful to the commuity if you would let Support know the solution.  A lot of times it is easy to miss the basic things when trying to solve an issue.  Nowadays I apologize and go through the basic stuff with someone when trying to solve even a very complex issue.  Can't tell you how many times "make sure it is plugged in, turned on, and switched to the correct setting" has solved an issue.

APFSDS_120 #13 Posted May 14 2022 - 04:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1713 battles

Here's a noob question.  When I didn't know what to choose for a 2nd equipment layout and/or didn't have the credits to buy new equipoment, I just put the same equipment in both of the loadouts.  Is there something I am missing?  Can I now put equipment on two tanks as long as I only have it in one loadout per tank?

ATruk #14 Posted May 14 2022 - 12:57

Major

• Players
  • 82598 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC

View PostAPFSDS_120, on May 13 2022 - 20:48, said:

Here's a noob question.  When I didn't know what to choose for a 2nd equipment layout and/or didn't have the credits to buy new equipoment, I just put the same equipment in both of the loadouts.  Is there something I am missing?  Can I now put equipment on two tanks as long as I only have it in one loadout per tank?

You can take 3 pieces of equipment into battle.

Your box holds 6 pieces of equipment, none of them duplicates.

If both setups are the same, there are only 3 pieces in your box.

Edited by ATruk, May 14 2022 - 14:43.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users