Jump to content


Battle Pass Sit Rep


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

WarGanz_87 #1 Posted May 13 2022 - 01:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 84258 battles
  • 1,114
  • [CLAS2] CLAS2
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015

Going to take a smoke break on the patio now that it is cooler at sunset and post a SitRep of my Chapter 4 status. Did all of the daily missions plus got the 50 points for 45 completed missions. Have a number of Tier VI's at 93 - 99 points and got 8 of them to completion for 120 bonus points. At 31/50 of completing Stage 7 on the first day. 

 

Got 10 more Tier VI mediums just at the border of getting the bonus which totals 150 bonus points without counting the points necessary to get to 100 which is 3 stages there. Could legitimately have 10 completed stages by bed time tonight. 

 

Thanks to whoever let me know about the process to ratholing bonus points for Chapter 4. :honoring:



The_Happiest_Husky #2 Posted May 13 2022 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 12045 battles
  • 4,243
  • [GPARD] GPARD
  • Member since:
    01-03-2019

How many stages would you need to complete daily to get the reward?

 



spud_tuber #3 Posted May 13 2022 - 02:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 71995 battles
  • 11,869
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostThe_Happiest_Husky, on May 12 2022 - 19:03, said:

How many stages would you need to complete daily to get the reward?

 

Bit less than 4.  40 stages, 11days.  



The_Happiest_Husky #4 Posted May 13 2022 - 02:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 12045 battles
  • 4,243
  • [GPARD] GPARD
  • Member since:
    01-03-2019

View Postspud_tuber, on May 12 2022 - 17:08, said:

Bit less than 4.  40 stages, 11days.  

dang yeah no hope for me lol



petester_1 #5 Posted May 13 2022 - 02:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18889 battles
  • 572
  • [CBRO2] CBRO2
  • Member since:
    02-18-2019

View Postspud_tuber, on May 12 2022 - 20:08, said:

Bit less than 4.  40 stages, 11days.  

Edit.  It is not 10 days, but 11.  Math is hard...  12 May in the morning until 23 May at 05:20 in the morning.  So 12 may - 22 may is 11 full days. 

 

But TBH, it is 10000 +2000 gold = 12000 to buy on day one.  This is std value for a T8 w/3d cammo (and the extras).    At BP level 15 (just getting solely the ~70bp points x 10 days), it is 6500 +2000 = 8500 to buy.  This is "good" value for a T8.   Any better than BP level 15 simply makes it cheaper and more cost effective with gold.

 

I am SO HAPPY there is not the typical increasingly more difficult BP grind, with pressure to pay cash to get the style on discount.  This way is so much more affordable.  Love this new format - and hope it remains extant for the marathons going forward.  Glad I bought X-Mas gold - and if this carries on into BP 8 & 9, I will be even happier...

 


Edited by petester_1, May 13 2022 - 03:19.


heavymetal1967 #6 Posted May 13 2022 - 02:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 86692 battles
  • 31,669
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostThe_Happiest_Husky, on May 12 2022 - 21:23, said:

dang yeah no hope for me lol

 

Same, but I've got something to spend lootbox gold on now.  Still going to grind the price down.



hobbyt_tanker #7 Posted May 13 2022 - 04:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1993 battles
  • 607
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    04-18-2020

View Postheavymetal1967, on May 13 2022 - 02:36, said:

 

Same, but I've got something to spend lootbox gold on now.  Still going to grind the price down.

 

This.



sahmlockhart #8 Posted May 13 2022 - 04:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 50556 battles
  • 1,294
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013


largeelvis #9 Posted May 13 2022 - 05:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24275 battles
  • 1,873
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017
Not even going to try for this one. No idea what they were thinking. Give battle pass points for premium daily missions at least.

Korvick #10 Posted May 13 2022 - 05:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 7055 battles
  • 5,601
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View Postlargeelvis, on May 13 2022 - 04:04, said:

Not even going to try for this one. No idea what they were thinking. Give battle pass points for premium daily missions at least.

 

1) They were thinking that this is a lot easier than a exp based marathon so people would be grateful

2) They were thinking that this will allow people to spend xmas gold instead of real world money so people would be grateful

3) They were thinking that it would STILL be stupid to give BP points for Prem daily missions because that would give a bigger impression of p2w so people would complain less.

 

This is probably the easiest and cheapest Marathon style event yet.



valeman12345 #11 Posted May 13 2022 - 05:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20457 battles
  • 1,013
  • [BCGC] BCGC
  • Member since:
    05-19-2012

View PostWarGanz_87, on May 12 2022 - 16:57, said:

Going to take a smoke break on the patio now that it is cooler at sunset and post a SitRep of my Chapter 4 status. Did all of the daily missions plus got the 50 points for 45 completed missions. Have a number of Tier VI's at 93 - 99 points and got 8 of them to completion for 120 bonus points. At 31/50 of completing Stage 7 on the first day. 

 

Got 10 more Tier VI mediums just at the border of getting the bonus which totals 150 bonus points without counting the points necessary to get to 100 which is 3 stages there. Could legitimately have 10 completed stages by bed time tonight. 

 

Thanks to whoever let me know about the process to ratholing bonus points for Chapter 4. :honoring:

Yea i don't see it staying like this to earn a New Premium Tank the next time they do the Battlepass Chapter 4


Edited by valeman12345, May 13 2022 - 05:41.


nuclearguy931 #12 Posted May 13 2022 - 06:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 95412 battles
  • 13,064
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View Postheavymetal1967, on May 12 2022 - 20:36, said:

 

Same, but I've got something to spend lootbox gold on now.  Still going to grind the price down.

 

With you on that

 



Topshelf7 #13 Posted May 13 2022 - 07:02

    Private

  • Players
  • 31548 battles
  • 2
  • [MAGES] MAGES
  • Member since:
    05-09-2011

Is it just me or are they NOT giving anybody BP points for ranking in battle?  I'm only accruing BP points for daily missions.

 



Peak_Bagger #14 Posted May 13 2022 - 07:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 25283 battles
  • 2,032
  • Member since:
    03-16-2017

View PostTopshelf7, on May 13 2022 - 07:02, said:

Is it just me or are they NOT giving anybody BP points for ranking in battle?  I'm only accruing BP points for daily missions.

 

 

They are giving BP points for being in the top 10 in XP. You just need to be in a Tier VI or higher tank. 



largeelvis #15 Posted May 13 2022 - 08:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24275 battles
  • 1,873
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

Block Quote

 This is probably the easiest and cheapest Marathon style event yet.

 

TS5.

 

And 1, it isn't. 2, grateful to be able to spend gold? wth? I'm trying to think of another game that would even think like this, lol. 3. It is "stupid" to allow bp points for premium missions (after you pay for premium time), and allow the premium time purchase for gold, premium battle pass purchase for gold, premium battle pass levels for gold, and the td itself for gold? That makes no sense. And these aren't people complaining, I asked a couple of dozen tonight and most were unanimously agreed, these are customers complaining. 

 

It's not hard to do this right if you manage your cash grab impulses, make the event more balanced, and make the marathon achievable without a 2-4 hour grind every night.

 

Lol, nvm. Just realized that post was from Korvick.


Edited by largeelvis, May 13 2022 - 08:45.


slabski #16 Posted May 13 2022 - 11:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19685 battles
  • 1,261
  • [CLIFF] CLIFF
  • Member since:
    01-18-2020
I am thankful that some players are having a hard time with this and some players are not.  Maybe a balanced feedback will give WG a good reason to leave this type of marathon in the game.  This will be my first "free" marathon tank.  80% off was my best in the old marathons and that is not much more than half way through the total XP required.  

FoggyLogic #17 Posted May 13 2022 - 12:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13240 battles
  • 692
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

So I set myself up to maximize point production, putting tanks that were near their point cap in reserve so I would not accidentally play them and max them out, and had one daily mission to go to get the 50 point bonus at 45 missions. And boom, playing those near-cap tanks and my Leo and Kran all day managed to finish stage 8.

 

But along the way I kept running into folks who had just bought the TVP with gold and they were wrecking with it. A few of them said it was the most fun they had had playing tanks in awhile. So my mouth twitched a bit and I just bought the damn thing with gold, of which I have piles anyway. I'm happy I did, for myself, as it is indeed super fun. It's downright vicious.

 

So all my planning and prep, which was more about thinking how to maximize stuff than any real effort, saved me near 25%. I then caved to my need for immediate gratification and...well, I was immediately gratified lol.



Korvick #18 Posted May 13 2022 - 12:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 7055 battles
  • 5,601
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View Postlargeelvis, on May 13 2022 - 07:43, said:

 

TS5.

 

And 1, it isn't. 2, grateful to be able to spend gold? wth? I'm trying to think of another game that would even think like this, lol. 3. It is "stupid" to allow bp points for premium missions (after you pay for premium time), and allow the premium time purchase for gold, premium battle pass purchase for gold, premium battle pass levels for gold, and the td itself for gold? That makes no sense. And these aren't people complaining, I asked a couple of dozen tonight and most were unanimously agreed, these are customers complaining. 

 

It's not hard to do this right if you manage your cash grab impulses, make the event more balanced, and make the marathon achievable without a 2-4 hour grind every night.

 

Lol, nvm. Just realized that post was from Korvick.

 

So you prefer the Previous style of Marathons?

 

What would be YOUR awesome idea?  How exactly would you do a marathon then?  Do 3 games and get a free tank?

 

So far YOU are the only person on the forums who's complaining mate.  Nearly everybody else is either ambivalent or is for it.



slabski #19 Posted May 13 2022 - 12:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19685 battles
  • 1,261
  • [CLIFF] CLIFF
  • Member since:
    01-18-2020

View PostFoggyLogic, on May 13 2022 - 12:10, said:

So I set myself up to maximize point production, putting tanks that were near their point cap in reserve so I would not accidentally play them and max them out, and had one daily mission to go to get the 50 point bonus at 45 missions. And boom, playing those near-cap tanks and my Leo and Kran all day managed to finish stage 8.

 

But along the way I kept running into folks who had just bought the TVP with gold and they were wrecking with it. A few of them said it was the most fun they had had playing tanks in awhile. So my mouth twitched a bit and I just bought the damn thing with gold, of which I have piles anyway. I'm happy I did, for myself, as it is indeed super fun. It's downright vicious.

 

So all my planning and prep, which was more about thinking how to maximize stuff than any real effort, saved me near 25%. I then caved to my need for immediate gratification and...well, I was immediately gratified lol.

lol.  All that prep work out the window, down the drain.........Have fun in the shiny new TD.



FoggyLogic #20 Posted May 13 2022 - 13:17

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13240 battles
  • 692
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

View Postslabski, on May 13 2022 - 12:32, said:

lol.  All that prep work out the window, down the drain.........Have fun in the shiny new TD.

 

Not really down the drain. Allowed me to vault to stage 9 pretty easily. It was the fact that the easy part was done and the rest was a "grind" that prompted me to say "heck with it" and push the purchase stages button lol.

 

It also gave me the 2000 BP points for the stage so I'll have enough by the end of the event for the last 3D style I wanted.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users