• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

slabski #61 Posted May 16 2022 - 22:30

Captain

• Players
  • 19667 battles
  • [CLIFF] CLIFF

View PostCupujoe, on May 16 2022 - 22:22, said:

Hit level twenty today. Basically have picked a tier 6 tank and play until I hit 100 points then pick another. Gone through 6. Still have probably 15 more to choose from. Having a blast too. Usually play tier 8 or 9.

I have had fun in the tier 6 tanks throughout the season.  Statistically I improved in a bunch of them.  Maybe because the higher tiers are way less forgiving and I brought some of that "training" back with me and it kept me out of trouble more.  

Cupujoe #62 Posted May 16 2022 - 23:00

Major

• Players
  • 11 battles

View Postslabski, on May 16 2022 - 22:30, said:

I have had fun in the tier 6 tanks throughout the season.  Statistically I improved in a bunch of them.  Maybe because the higher tiers are way less forgiving and I brought some of that "training" back with me and it kept me out of trouble more.  

One thing I have noticed is that I get way more top tier or same tier or -1 tier than I do -2. 

That's been a nice change of luck.

ShadowDancer27 #63 Posted May 16 2022 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 46391 battles

Unlike the marathons this one has a linear scale of gameplay for each level instead of the exponential one they have on the marathons.  With those even playing 2+ hours per day you only get about 50% discount and with this it can be completed with that or at least get mighty close.

I personally should only need to buy a few levels to complete.

lightball20 #64 Posted May 16 2022 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 34156 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

Ya I am going to buy out a few levels because I am choosing to only play like 2 hours a day unless I'm having a really good day. But if I actually played like 4 hours a day like I originally planned to if it had been sold for $$$ I could have done this marathon easy.
But I have a ton of gold sitting around from doing Christmas Boxes so I'm going to use that Gold I already gave WG for.

And the people complaining about it being designed as a "gold sink" yes... that's the point. What else am I going to sink the 85,000 gold I have from Christmas Loot boxes into? I already paid all that money for the skins or Premium Tanks. I'm not going to just sit there and convert that gold into credits.

Korvick #65 Posted Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 7055 battles

View PostCupujoe, on May 16 2022 - 21:22, said:

Hit level twenty today. Basically have picked a tier 6 tank and play until I hit 100 points then pick another. Gone through 6. Still have probably 15 more to choose from. Having a blast too. Usually play tier 8 or 9.

Always said it, the game is way more fun at the mid tiers.  I'm not playing a game to "test" myself.  I play a game for fun.

Yes, I'll finally relent and agree that the Tier 10 games have a higher skill requirement.  But I just want to have fun and the mid tiers are the way to go - for me anyways

TheRealSerapth #66 Posted Yesterday, 06:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13745 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

I am trying to see how far I can get into the bonus season of battle pass with the LEAST amount of games played... it's been my strategy with this entire season of battlepass so far.  I'll just just XMAS gold to buy the rest of the stages to get the crapstick anyways, so it's really just a challenge in minimalism.  My goal is to literally do 3 dailies in 1 match when I can, I only do the bonus mission when it's doable in a game or two.

Right now I'm at stage 12, with I believe 19 games played.   I carried over a 45/45 award to start things off, and I'm I think at 25/45 toward the next one, which will net me a bonus stage.  So I think I will get well over halfway there with under 40 games played... at least, that's the goal.  May do a bit of a playing binge the last weekend to save myself a bit of gold.

I've only got 260 games played in the last 2 months and I'm through 2 stages of battlepass + 1/4 the way through bonus stage, so my min/max strategy is working pretty well.  I should be able to do most of the last stage just by playing Frontlines, which I will play a lot of... wish that mode was around fulltime... I just find it soooooooooo much more chill and thus fun, than most randoms and ALL ranked games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users