"In one Battle" dailies are toxic.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Vormehk #1 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 21:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 27558 battles

These kinds of daily missions lead to a lot stress and frustration for much of your player base. In the case of the Bonus Daily ("Kill 4 tanks in one battle." ) it requires too much luck to be fair to most players. The biggest problem with the bonus daily is that it cannot be rerolled for an attempt to get a better suited mission to one's skill level, In many cases it is advantageous to the player who possesses this mission to go out of their way to hunt kills even at the cost of winning a battle.

Please consider making the bonus daily rerollable even if the reward remains static, or do away with "In one battle" missions altogether.

Edited by Vormehk, Jun 22 2022 - 21:37.

grego34 #2 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 21:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45888 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

I give it 3 tries on SA server in low tiers. If I fail then I

Just play another game and don't stress. A new day next might get you something better.

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 39966 battles

View PostVormehk, on Jun 22 2022 - 20:36, said:

These kinds of daily missions lead to a lot stress and frustration for much of your player base. In the case of the Bonus Daily ("Kill 4 tanks in one battle." ) it requires too much luck to be fair to most players. The biggest problem with the bonus daily is that it cannot be rerolled for an attempt to get a better suited mission to one's skill level, In many cases it is advantageous to the player who possesses this mission to go out of their way to hunt kills even at the cost of winning a battle.

Please consider making the bonus daily rerollable even if the reward remains static, or do away with "In one battle" missions altogether.

The beauty of the "Daily Missions" is they can be completed in any tank, at any tier, and on either the NA or SA servers. 

So, when you get certain missions, sometimes it's advantageous to play low tiered tanks. Sometimes it helps to use arty. Sometimes it helps to go over to the SA server, in low tiers (Tier 5 and below), and hope to get into a "WG bot heavy" game. 

As for the specific "kill 4 tanks in one battle" mission, might I suggest playing arty. And, yes, since you're main focus is the completion of that mission, play selfishly. Hold your shots until you find a tank that's low on HP and attempt to steal get the kill. And, the reason you use arty is because it's easier to shoot at different parts of the map. 

Vormehk #4 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 23:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 27558 battles
To drop below tier 6 would defeat the main purpose of playing the game right now, which is getting battle points to progress through the season pass. The static nature of the bonus mission is what makes it so frustrating. It can't be rerolled. I know what can be done to be more likely to succeed in the mission, but it still doesn't change the fact that the mission type drives toxic behavior, such as holding shots to get kills when you should be doing everything you can to help your team win. I feel scummy if I end up with 4 kills and 400 damage in a tier 8-10 match.

ATruk #5 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 84564 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC
Some days I just ignore missions and play.

Altwar #6 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 67369 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostVormehk, on Jun 22 2022 - 12:36, said:

What stress?  A genuine question, not a a snide remark here.   

I approach the daily missions like this:  I look at what's presented, think about my chances of knocking them out and if one looks like it's more luck than doable (such as the 4 tanks in a battle), I use that one reroll to hopefully get a more doable mission.    IF I still get a mission or missions that I'm unlikely to be able to do, I don't worry about it but go about my usual play session. And if it's that bonus mission obtained after knocking out the first 3 dailies and it's one I'm not going to be able to do, oh well! 

As I see things, I'm not always going to be able to do the all daily missions, be it from allotted time, difficulty or a day where I just don't get it done.  And I'm fine with that.  Nothing that I'd stress over, even if I do miss some goodies/rewards. 

IMO, if there's any stress involved, it's self induced and to be blunt about things, driven by one's own greed because of wanting ALL the goodies.

gpc_4 #7 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 52418 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Some days you get the mission done, some days you don't. Certainly not worth stressing over.

Ahrtoo #8 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 23:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 45679 battles
The Missions are a Jedi Mind Trick to get you to play the game for an extended period of time. Learn to ignore them you should.

WaywardChild #9 Posted Jun 22 2022 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 46762 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

View Postgrego34, on Jun 22 2022 - 12:41, said:

I give it 3 tries on SA server in low tiers. If I fail then I

Just play another game and don't stress. A new day next might get you something better.

View Postgpc_4, on Jun 22 2022 - 14:54, said:

Some days you get the mission done, some days you don't. Certainly not worth stressing over.

View PostAhrtoo, on Jun 22 2022 - 14:56, said:

The Missions are a Jedi Mind Trick to get you to play the game for an extended period of time. Learn to ignore them you should.

Altwar #10 Posted Jun 23 2022 - 00:00

Major

• Players
  • 67369 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostAhrtoo, on Jun 22 2022 - 14:56, said:

You aren't wrong!

GlobalSuperstorm #11 Posted Jun 23 2022 - 01:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31545 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

Ignore and play for fun.

Ehrlichmann #12 Posted Jun 23 2022 - 02:36

Captain

• Players
  • 31936 battles
  • [SCPZK] SCPZK

View PostVormehk, on Jun 22 2022 - 15:36, said:

What is the sense in having them if one can just reroll them till they get the one they want??  Many players want:  map selection, tank types, MM, rng, missions, etc etc - everything to be to their personal liking!!??

A mission cannot be toxic - only people can be toxic.  A mission is not designed to be fair!  Missions are designed to be different and give one something to do other than point/click.

IMO, one of the largest issues with WoT is there is nothing to promote - team, working together, common goals, actually helping another person out - everything is designed around the single:  me, myself, and I.

Projectile_Misfired #13 Posted Jun 23 2022 - 02:56

Major

• Players
  • 39966 battles

View PostVormehk, on Jun 22 2022 - 22:00, said:

To drop below tier 6 would defeat the main purpose of playing the game right now, which is getting battle points to progress through the season pass. The static nature of the bonus mission is what makes it so frustrating. It can't be rerolled. I know what can be done to be more likely to succeed in the mission, but it still doesn't change the fact that the mission type drives toxic behavior, such as holding shots to get kills when you should be doing everything you can to help your team win. I feel scummy if I end up with 4 kills and 400 damage in a tier 8-10 match.

You still get BP Points from the "Daily Missions" even if you complete them in tanks "below" Tier 6. That's the main reason why it's suggested. Some of those missions are simply easier to do in the lower tiers. 

Sure, you don't get "up to 7" additional BP Points (not counting the 3 "Core" tanks) if you're playing below Tier 6. But, if you can get those 10, 15, 20, and 25 points from the Daily Missions by playing below Tier 6 for a few games, I think it's worth it.

SlappedbyRommel #14 Posted Jun 23 2022 - 12:39

Major

• Players
  • 22058 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
Interesting I have never found the daily mission stressful or over taxing like others have said look at the daily choose the tank and just play. Sometimes you get lucky and are able to get all 3 in one game it happens but the right combination and tank choice. It would be great to get a reroll for the bonus but I found when you reroll the very next game you end getting what you could have had if you did not reroll lol. That is a pain in the rumproast.

DVK9 #15 Posted Jun 23 2022 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 28374 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

I just PLAY.

If I make the parameters of a mission, Bonus.

If I dont who cares.

When they first started all off this I tried hard but then just blew it off.

Finished all classes without trying.

Finished all but 1 of the "honor".

All of this was done while having fun and not stressing over the missions, BP, MM, RNGesus, etc.

Vormehk #16 Posted Jun 24 2022 - 23:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 27558 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Jun 23 2022 - 01:56, said:

You still get BP Points from the "Daily Missions" even if you complete them in tanks "below" Tier 6. That's the main reason why it's suggested. Some of those missions are simply easier to do in the lower tiers. 

Sure, you don't get "up to 7" additional BP Points (not counting the 3 "Core" tanks) if you're playing below Tier 6. But, if you can get those 10, 15, 20, and 25 points from the Daily Missions by playing below Tier 6 for a few games, I think it's worth it.

It doesn't change the fact that seal clubbing in and of itself is toxic to the game's new players. Also if it takes more than 4 to 9 games to get those 25 points from the bonus below tier, then you've netted negative with your gains as an average player.

WeSayNotToday #17 Posted Jun 30 2022 - 03:14

Captain

• Players
  • 27428 battles

View PostVormehk, on Jun 22 2022 - 21:36, said:

They cannot all be easy for every player, especially the ultimate one each day.

Sometimes, I cannot finish the premium missions with kills, still winning, but failing to finish enemies...

View PostATruk, on Jun 22 2022 - 23:17, said:

Some days I just ignore missions and play.

Accepting that one might not get the missions lets one focus on other aspects, like grinding a line, levelling a crew, working on one tank that you almost understand...

View Postgpc_4, on Jun 22 2022 - 23:54, said:

Yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users