• 8050 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA
I mean it takes ALMOST forever

Butknuckles #2 Posted Jul 05 2022 - 09:41

Major

• Players
  • 72576 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
It is sooooo much easier to level crew than it used to be. They pass out crew boosters and crew books like candy. Plus you can buy crew books for credits. And lets not forget the the over abundance of 0 skill crew members that you can get pretty much weekly. 4 skill crew are basically the starting point for new crews these days. 

ATruk #3 Posted Jul 05 2022 - 12:57

Major

• Players
  • 85477 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC
Yes, that is our crew system. Many are afraid that a new system will be just as convoluted so they don't want it to change. The pain of the current system makes them afraid. lol oops I said that

Six2Charlie #4 Posted Jul 05 2022 - 13:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17454 battles

View PostJackInTheBoxEffect, on Jul 04 2022 - 23:19, said:

When WoT went increased the skills available from 3 to 8 ( maybe more now), a promise was given to make the earning of the new skills easier as the requirements for  attaining skills increase almost exponentially which worked fine when there were only 3 skills but made attaining all skills almost impossible - many players achieved the 3 skill mark but few get 8 - WoT has not fixed that problem yet - yes they add bonuses etc. to experience earned but not much compared to the many thousands needed when players only earn on average about 500 exp per game - for example, one of my crew members is working on its 5th skill - I need 66 more games averaging 651 exp per game to raise it the 10% needed to get from its current 90 percent completion to 100 percent of level 5 - getting all then next 3 would require years

bake3020 #5 Posted Jul 05 2022 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostJackInTheBoxEffect, on Jul 05 2022 - 05:19, said:

Just think of what it will be like when the shove "SCREW 2.0" down our throats.  Think about all the real money you'll spend to get nowhere with it.  Now ain't you glad so many people stood up against it?

RealBattousai #6 Posted Jul 05 2022 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 66187 battles
  • [EMAIL] EMAIL

View PostJackInTheBoxEffect, on Jul 05 2022 - 00:19, said:

If anything, given the absolute sub bot level trash infesting high tiers now, everything is TOO EASY, including leveling up crew and getting higher tier tanks.

Altwar #7 Posted Jul 05 2022 - 17:37

Major

• Players
  • 67590 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostJackInTheBoxEffect, on Jul 04 2022 - 21:19, said:

What I find strange is that you've an account from 2011, when it really did seem like forever to level up crew, and are making this comment in 2022, when it's many, many times easier than it's ever been.

Back in the earlier years, it was my experience that if you wanted 2-3 skills on crew, you'd have to play that crew ad-nauseum to make it happen and getting at least a mid-tier premium tank to help speed things up was all but a must.

These days, you've crew xp boosters, crew xp booklets that can be obtained by just playing the game and achieving some of the available missions.   That doesn't include the crew xp booklets that can be bought for credits.  And the various opportunities to obtain BIA/SIA crew and the special crew who already have skills learned or ready for a player to select.

Perhaps it's that you've played a relatively small amount of battles in all that time and to be frank about things, the crew aren't able to train themselves.  You actually have to play a significant amount of battles to get the crew trained up.

Ehrlichmann #8 Posted Jul 05 2022 - 22:01

Captain

• Players
  • 32243 battles
  • [SCPZK] SCPZK

View PostJackInTheBoxEffect, on Jul 05 2022 - 00:19, said:

You cannot fathom forever...

It is 10000000% easier to level/gain exp then it ever used to be.

This thread is a joke, right?

cloudwalking #9 Posted Jul 07 2022 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 198 battles

View PostATruk, on Jul 05 2022 - 12:57, said:

Yes, that is our crew system. Many are afraid that a new system will be just as convoluted so they don't want it to change. The pain of the current system makes them afraid. lol oops I said that

I can't help but feel like you've completely missed the point of why people did not want 2.0 and are purposefully being difficult here.

2.0 was BUsTED.  It greatly benefited pay2win and loooooong time players.  New players would have been completely hosed from the get go...and before anyone says it...yes, they are already at a major disadvantage as it is.  At least in the current system when you get a 3 skilled crew you're pretty much good to go.  In 2.0 the way they were doing it you would need bare minimum of like a 5 skill crew iirc.  It might have been a  6 skill crew to break even but I might be wrong there.  

There are those just completely against any crew change but they are not the majority or 'many'.

ATruk #10 Posted Jul 07 2022 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 85477 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC

View Postcloudwalking, on Jul 07 2022 - 14:14, said:

I can't help but feel like you've completely missed the point of why people did not want 2.0 and are purposefully being difficult here.

2.0 was BUsTED.  It greatly benefited pay2win and loooooong time players.  New players would have been completely hosed from the get go...and before anyone says it...yes, they are already at a major disadvantage as it is.  At least in the current system when you get a 3 skilled crew you're pretty much good to go.  In 2.0 the way they were doing it you would need bare minimum of like a 5 skill crew iirc.  It might have been a  6 skill crew to break even but I might be wrong there.  

There are those just completely against any crew change but they are not the majority or 'many'.

You are mistaken.

Med8 #11 Posted Jul 08 2022 - 05:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18431 battles
  • [CBRO] CBRO
At this point after playing tank on and off for the past 10 years. If you buy tech tree tank, it should could standard with 100% trained crew, -50k of the cost of the tank if choose not get the crew. Purchase a premium crew with credits comes with one additional crew skill. Gold crew purchase two skill slots just like reward crews. The only difference between the Reward crew members is those start at level one with their 3rd skill, where gold crew start with same xp requirement for skill 3.   

SomethingDownThere #12 Posted Jul 16 2022 - 13:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 576 battles
  • [LWOP] LWOP

Hmmm....

Maybe this isn't the place for player suggested ideas concerning the crew system, but...

I haven't played in some time (months, been having more enjoyment in World of Warships)

but looking at all these rentals I've accumulated over the years, and all the unused crews scattered across expired rental tanks and in the barracks,

a thought occurred what to do with many of them:

World of Warships has a feature where we can dismiss excess ship commanders:

free of charge at a loss of all gained XP,

or for credits at only receiving part of their XP in return prior to dismissal,

or 100% of their XP returned as free commander XP, if we use doubloons (WoWs' gold).

Obviously, the amount of doubloons (gold) or credits required, depends on the commander's level.

So here's a thought for WoT to consider: instead of us just dismissing (with no gain) all the excess unused crews and commanders we have here in World of Tanks,

what about a similar system that allows us to recoup some of that crew and commander XP, in the form of various Crew Books?

Just like in WoWs, it would be no XP if we just dismissed them free of charge (like the current system: we dismiss them but get nothing),

and full XP in return for gold,

cost commensurate on each individual crew member's level.

We could have the option of choosing which Crew Books we use that extra XP to build (print?), obviously nation-specific.

Perhaps it could be based on individual crew members (these would be nation-specific books), 

or if an entire crew is dismissed at the same time, all their XP is printed into a universal crew book (not nation specific).

Crew books have certain amounts (20k, 100k, etc), for individual crew members or the whole crew..... I'm sure a system could be created to determine how many books of what XP level could be created when crew members or whole crews were dismissed ( example, the crew has 248,000 XP: that would divide into two 100,000 XP crew books, two 20,000 XP crew books, and the remaining 8000 XP would go into that nation's excess XP pool, to be crafted into a national book when the next XP mark was reached.

It would be a chance for WG/WoT to monetize crew dismissals, either via gold or credits, and players might feel a little less reluctant to dismiss excess crews, if we're not losing all that built up XP thru the current dismissal system.

Having such a feature, allowing players to recoup a lot of that investment in time and training, might be fairly encouraging to a lot of us to reinvest in the game here.

Thoughts?

Edited by SomethingDownThere, Jul 16 2022 - 13:58.

Ironclad73 #13 Posted Jul 16 2022 - 16:12

Major

• Players
  • 30419 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostJackInTheBoxEffect, on Jul 04 2022 - 21:19, said:

Lol, it is SO much easier now than 4+ years ago. Boosters, BP crewmembers, tons of premium tanks, etc have made getting a 4 - 5 skill crew so much easier.  OP, Did you buy your account? You should know this.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users