ways to improve game

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

wachoback #1 Posted Jul 19 2022 - 02:51

Private

• Players
  • 16938 battles
  • [EPICE] EPICE

gold ammo should cost gold again (WG you will make more money)

MM needs work

should make it a +1 -1 with match making

Shia_Halud #2 Posted Jul 19 2022 - 05:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12033 battles
  • [GOH] GOH
Yea, an AMERICAN game company reverse engineered the game and create a better game...IMHO!  ;)

CAPTMUDDXX #3 Posted Jul 19 2022 - 11:47

Major

• Players
  • 24852 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

Just play the game and enjoy that we have it.

The only improvement needed is for WG to ignore every make the game to suit me whines.  

CamaroSS_2015 #4 Posted Jul 19 2022 - 16:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14593 battles
  • [ZED] ZED

The game certainly has it flaws but until there is a better option, I guess we are stuck.. otherwise, UNINSTALL and problems go away.

joe....

__BillyJack__ #5 Posted Sep 02 2022 - 11:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4900 battles

View Postbettymell, on Sep 02 2022 - 04:47, said:

In broader-fitting designs like the Arizona, Florida, and Milano, there exists a pretty good chance that you'll match a filter even when you have medium-width feet. A thin over these styles can match a women's A-C width and a men's B-D thickness. This is certainly slightly not the same as what Birkenstock shows, but after 3 decades of installing their shoes, this is certainly our very best estimate of methods narrows easily fit in the Arizona, Florida, and Milano designs. Birkenstock UK Outlet

Take a hike shoe lady

__BillyJack__ #6 Posted Sep 02 2022 - 13:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4900 battles

1. decrease the cost on the equip and consumables

2. bigger maps

3. more maps

4.do away with random MM and go to skill based matches

5. promote the lower tier tanks..good fun if there's no bots...which is rarely

6. the -2/+2 tier fights should be changed to -/+1 

and my personal preference would be to see more historic accuracy and less moon tanks...but that's just me being a history nerd. I'm sure there are much more pressing changes that need to be made, but this is my perspective from a somewhat new player in the game. 

Edited by __BillyJack__, Sep 02 2022 - 14:01.

CAPTMUDDXX #7 Posted Sep 02 2022 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 24852 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View Post__BillyJack__, on Sep 02 2022 - 07:58, said:

1. decrease the cost on the equip and consumables They do this already on an irregular regular basis. Stock up when they do.

2. bigger maps Would be nice, perhaps Frontline is a step in that direction. If not, then a size increase to 12 x 12 size grids.  

3. more maps They just gave us one and more will follow. Patience grasshopper.

4.do away with random MM and go to skill based matches Exactly how would you determine SKILL for this? Also, it wouldn't improve the quality of matches nor W, L, D results. 

5. promote the lower tier tanks..good fun if there's no bots...which is rarely, The only bots used are those in tier 1 to 5 matches for the Novice Player MM and their use is dependent on queue population.

6. the -2/+2 tier fights should be changed to -/+1 That would remove the best challenge of the game. Besting +2 tier tanks pays more in credits and XP. Remove that and the game becomes a stale boring run of the mill shooter.

and my personal preference would be to see more historic accuracy and less moon tanks...but that's just me being a history nerd. I'm sure there are much more pressing changes that need to be made, but this is my perspective from a somewhat new player in the game. Having the Historical and the Fantasy elements separated into their own MM queues would be great.

dunniteowl #8 Posted Sep 02 2022 - 17:51

Major

• Players
  • 44499 battles

Yeah, OP, because the reason Gold Ammo is called Gold Ammo is from when it DID only cost Gold to get.

It so closely fit the definition of 'pay to win' of all the things they have done that they had to remove the Gold Cost (well, what they REALLY did was make it default to buy with Gold, but you could use credits if you paid attention) so that it wasn't so blatantly pay to win, leaving FTPs (such as myself) 'out in the cold' unless they could find a way to earn some gold.

So, YOUR idea of making the game 'better' would be to revert a known P2W function back into a P2W function?  Because they didn't have enough data when they changed it the first time?  It isn't working well enough now so that your only answer would be to make it only attainable with Gold?  Did you really take any time to research this or even really think it through?

THIS is why I read the forums.  We have a Long Tonne (old spelling) of comics here on the forums and I can laugh for free for the 'price' of a little time.

Thanks, OP, you made me laugh.

OvO

Parmenter #9 Posted Sep 06 2022 - 07:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 31374 battles

-Make 6th sense an actual early warning system. Yes. I know there's a 3 second delay, and that delay is the problem. It needs to be as close to instantaneous as they can make it. If 3 seconds is as close as they can get it, remove it entirely because a 'you've been spotted' warning that comes AFTER your tank is hit is worthless.

-Fix the cap timer. 100 is 100 is 100, not 105. I can't think of a sport where when the final time buzzer sounds, the team that was losing when the clock runs out gets an extra 5 seconds to tie or win the game.

-Change draw parameters. Draws should only happen when teams are tied for kills when the timer expires. Otherwise, the team ahead on kills should get the win.

Tiocfaidh_Arla #10 Posted Sep 10 2022 - 13:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10999 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View Postwachoback, on Jul 19 2022 - 02:51, said:

gold ammo should cost gold again (WG you will make more money)

MM needs work

should make it a +1 -1 with match making

You are correct. This is what the current MM gets you, game over, 3 minutes. They had 6/7 blues/purples, we had 0. I was the top-rated person on the team, and I am only mediocre on a good day. It is designed to benefit the blues/purples only because they get to seal club, not even a challenge to them.

Attached Files

• Attached File   utter bs.jpg   137.73K

JoeDaP #11 Posted Sep 11 2022 - 19:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 35058 battles
Another list of issues with this game. Too bad because some of the game is good. Tired of asking to fix it, So, in 26 days, I uninstall.

Bassett_Hound #12 Posted Sep 13 2022 - 06:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 2232 battles
I would like to see WWII only battles.  Kursk, Bulge and Normandy Hederows would be nice.  Sherman's, Matildas Tigers, Pzkw IVs, T34s and yeah, I gues the Su's, M44s and Hummels too if WOT insists.

Edited by Bassett_Hound, Sep 13 2022 - 06:36.

alexwoltman #13 Posted Sep 13 2022 - 10:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
More game problems. Some of the game's excellent. Tired of asking, I uninstalled after 26 days fireboy and watergirl

CAPTMUDDXX #14 Posted Sep 13 2022 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 24852 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View PostBassett_Hound, on Sep 13 2022 - 00:28, said:

I would like to see WWII only battles.  Kursk, Bulge and Normandy Hederows would be nice.  Sherman's, Matildas Tigers, Pzkw IVs, T34s and yeah, I gues the Su's, M44s and Hummels too if WOT insists.

They tried that years ago, Historical Battles. It failed and the only reason I recall is the requirement restrictions on upgrades, equipment and ammo loads.

Ehrlichmann #15 Posted Sep 14 2022 - 00:53

Captain

• Players
  • 32548 battles
  • [SCPZK] SCPZK

Game enjoyment would increase 10000x over if:

1.  Remove Bots.

2.  Punish AFK.

3.  Punish suicides (scouts, water, cliffs, etc).

4.  Punish pushing.

5.  Remove aim-bots.

6.  Require competency to increase tiers.

7.  Remove double-reds tier 8+.

CAPTMUDDXX #16 Posted Sep 14 2022 - 13:29

Major

• Players
  • 24852 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View PostEhrlichmann, on Sep 13 2022 - 18:53, said:

1.  Remove Bots.What Bots? Please provide evidence of WG Bots in tier 6+ matches. 

2.  Punish AFK.They are the players lose any earnings plus the repair cost when their tank selfdestructs.

3.  Punish suicides (scouts, water, cliffs, etc).​Are you reporting them?

4.  Punish pushing.Are you reporting them?

5.  Remove aim-bots.Are you reporting suspected use of them?

6.  Require competency to increase tiers. Provide the means to test for that. I have and got booed repeatedly.

7.  Remove double-reds tier 8+. Elitest holier than though RIGGING thinking.

TankerJoe_1 #17 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 18:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 144 battles
Just played my first match. I was looking at the players service record and found that quite a few players have over 30000 matches with tier 10s. Why in the world would they be playing against NEW players? If they do it to grief new players then I'm leaving this game and will move to something better. Also, I noticed that there were several players that you couldn't look at their service record.  Before the name was a :  Are they hiding their records or are they programmed "bots" to fill out the match. If so, why?

Edited by TankerJoe_1, Sep 15 2022 - 19:08.

TankerJoe_1 #18 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 00:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 144 battles

So, after playing around 15 matches, I've made it to T4. At T3, there were a few players that have 30000 plus battles to go with their T10s.  At T4, it's worse. So, it seems to me that those players I mentioned must get bored carrying their team and drop down to T3 and T4 just to beat on the new players.

Don't want to make any rash decisions, so I'll play a little more. From what I'm seeing though, WarGaming, it looks like you as a business, condone this.

dunniteowl #19 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 03:59

Major

• Players
  • 44499 battles

View PostTankerJoe_1, on Sep 15 2022 - 17:45, said:

So, after playing around 15 matches, I've made it to T4. At T3, there were a few players that have 30000 plus battles to go with their T10s.  At T4, it's worse. So, it seems to me that those players I mentioned must get bored carrying their team and drop down to T3 and T4 just to beat on the new players.

Don't want to make any rash decisions, so I'll play a little more. From what I'm seeing though, WarGaming, it looks like you as a business, condone this.

This is the experience you're going to have, sadly.  Then again, there are no restrictions about who can play what tier of tanks or what class or nation.  Most folks are not there at 30K in their tier 10's, maybe 30K total battles, but you have to be fair about how you report this information.

At the same time, this is, in my view, 100% WG's fault and responsibility.  After 12 years, they are NOT going to address it any more than the tiny little band-aids they have added since the game opened with regard to new players and lower tiers.

Players with a :william: at the front and back of their names are BOTs for lower tier play where NOT ENOUGH players exist (so you should be glad much more experienced players do play sometimes in lower tiers, because BOT training sucks, to be quite honest).

And not to put a condoning view on this, I will say that this experience pretty much matched my own in 2014, only with no Personal Reserves, no Boot Camp, no free tier VI tank after it, no training beyond what amounted to: 

Here is tank.  Use WASD to make move.  This is gun.  Use LMB to fire and Mouse to move turret.  Have FUN!

And let me loose into the fields.  My point is that this is pretty much how it's been and probably pretty much how it's going to be.  If WG will not act, then this is the environment in which you must learn to play, train up your crews, gain knowledge on the other tanks and tiers, the maps and techniques to make you a better player.

There is hope, though.  I offer you this:  The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

I put all this together back in around late 2015 when I realized the information I had collected was stuff that ANY New and/or Struggling to Improve Player could benefit from having at their fingertips.  I originally placed this all together because it was found in so many places on the forums, YT videos, WG information as well as distilled wisdom from other much better players than I.

Use it and you WILL benefit, I promise.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

__BillyJack__ #20 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 17:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4900 battles

View PostEhrlichmann, on Sep 14 2022 - 00:53, said:

1.  Remove Bots.

2.  Punish AFK.

3.  Punish suicides (scouts, water, cliffs, etc).

4.  Punish pushing.

5.  Remove aim-bots.

6.  Require competency to increase tiers.

7.  Remove double-reds tier 8+.

Punish pushing? That's just silly. If it wasn't for the pushers, campers would have nothing to shoot at. If you really want to improve the game, take yourself out of it. You sir are a miserable grouch that doesn't have the mindset for an online game. Punish this punish that...get over yourself Ebenezer. Solitaire is where you belong. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users