Jump to content


Could use some sound advice from my Seniors


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 19:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37917 battles
  • 471
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017

I am stuck at my current stats and would like to improve them as I think I'm a little better player now. I usually play around 10 or 15 games a day and use a lot of different tanks. I play tier 6 through 6 and depend on the premiums for tier 8. So this is my question:

1. Should I only play several tanks and should I only choose the style I'm best in?

2. There is nothing I can do with the teams I'm given so do I play differently when I know I'm on a crap team?

3. Does it really make a difference if I'm running with boosters or not?

4. And I know I have to Git-Good and I'm trying so any serious advice would be appreciated.

Every time I have had a problem here you people seem to help more than Customer Support which I believe is an OxiMoron so thanks in advance for the serious replies.



NoKeelForYou #2 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 19:36

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1875 battles
  • 506
  • [BOWSR] BOWSR
  • Member since:
    06-09-2022

View PostYojimbo50, on Aug 04 2022 - 19:20, said:

I am stuck at my current stats and would like to improve them as I think I'm a little better player now. I usually play around 10 or 15 games a day and use a lot of different tanks. I play tier 6 through 6 and depend on the premiums for tier 8. So this is my question:

1. Should I only play several tanks and should I only choose the style I'm best in?

2. There is nothing I can do with the teams I'm given so do I play differently when I know I'm on a crap team?

3. Does it really make a difference if I'm running with boosters or not?

4. And I know I have to Git-Good and I'm trying so any serious advice would be appreciated.

Every time I have had a problem here you people seem to help more than Customer Support which I believe is an OxiMoron so thanks in advance for the serious replies.

1.Play the tanks you like and are good with

2.If you know you are going to get stomped.Get as much damage/kills as you can.

3.NO

4.Just have fun bro and dont worry about stuff you can not control.



NiteDog #3 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 20:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 34801 battles
  • 8,149
  • Member since:
    08-09-2011

View PostNoKillForYou, on Aug 04 2022 - 10:36, said:

1.Play the tanks you like and are good with

2.If you know you are going to get stomped.Get as much damage/kills as you can.

3.NO

4.Just have fun bro and dont worry about stuff you can not control.

What NoKillForYou says is good/sound advice.  Playing the tank(s) you like makes the tough games tolerable.



The_Pink_Panther #4 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 20:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 2,014
  • [TGWAB] TGWAB
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

OP, you will never get much more than say 47%.  Why you ask? You already have 37000+ battles behind you.  Since you are at what you are, every loss, makes it drop far faster than any win or wins you may scrounge up.  Sorry about that but, it is what it is.  In my main account, I am in the exact same boat.  I am playing really great but my win rate keeps sagging and sagging and there's nothing I can do about it due to sorry teams.  All my other stats are really improving and that makes me happy. 

 

So, short simple, & sweet: Do the best you can, get as much or more damage than your own vehicles HP Pool, kill as many as you can, get as many cap points as you can, and so forth.  Mostly play the vehicles you enjoy the most and are best at.  Take care.



CamaroSS_2015 #5 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 20:43

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14593 battles
  • 1,004
  • [ZED] ZED
  • Member since:
    03-23-2021

1. I play tanks that I need to get my dailies done and then I play tanks I want to have fun in..and that changes daily...

2. Realizing this soon is good. You can change your style a little but it won't effect the loss. Try to get as much damage as possible.

3. WG's says no but we've all gotten that feeling otherwise.. but again, just a feeling...

4. I think I'll be stuck at 46% percent.. every time I think I getting better and my WR goes up, I get a couple bad days that bring me back down.

 

Bottom line, I've stopped looking at my stats and just play to have fun. That might be 5 games or 30+ but once I start to get frustrated, I close down and do something else.

 

Good luck!

 

joe...



Desert_Fox_1969 #6 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 21:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 52774 battles
  • 2,568
  • [RSRS] RSRS
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Aug 04 2022 - 14:32, said:

OP, you will never get much more than say 47%.  Why you ask? You already have 37000+ battles behind you.  Since you are at what you are, every loss, makes it drop far faster than any win or wins you may scrounge up.  Sorry about that but, it is what it is.  In my main account, I am in the exact same boat.  I am playing really great but my win rate keeps sagging and sagging and there's nothing I can do about it due to sorry teams.  All my other stats are really improving and that makes me happy. 

 

So, short simple, & sweet: Do the best you can, get as much or more damage than your own vehicles HP Pool, kill as many as you can, get as many cap points as you can, and so forth.  Mostly play the vehicles you enjoy the most and are best at.  Take care.

WR is irrelevant............I look for WN8. Do damage and kills and your PR goes up. 



CAPTMUDDXX #7 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 21:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 24852 battles
  • 2,786
  • [DAMN] DAMN
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

View PostYojimbo50, on Aug 04 2022 - 13:20, said:

I am stuck at my current stats and would like to improve them as I think I'm a little better player now. I usually play around 10 or 15 games a day and use a lot of different tanks. I play tier 6 through 6 and depend on the premiums for tier 8. So this is my question:

1. Should I only play several tanks and should I only choose the style I'm best in?

2. There is nothing I can do with the teams I'm given so do I play differently when I know I'm on a crap team?

3. Does it really make a difference if I'm running with boosters or not?

4. And I know I have to Git-Good and I'm trying so any serious advice would be appreciated.

Every time I have had a problem here you people seem to help more than Customer Support which I believe is an OxiMoron so thanks in advance for the serious replies.

I have been at this a long time and see no reason t be concerned with mine nor other players stats. 

This is a game, play, have fun and enjoy the occasional Did I do that moment.

I play daily with the goal of getting all 7 daily missions done, 

Always try to do your best and your stats will improve.

Panther is correct after such a large number of battles if you win 50% occasionally consider that as progress. 

 



Vava_das_SPGs #8 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 21:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 40594 battles
  • 2,615
  • [AMICI] AMICI
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View PostYojimbo50, on Aug 04 2022 - 15:20, said:

I am stuck at my current stats and would like to improve them as I think I'm a little better player now. I usually play around 10 or 15 games a day and use a lot of different tanks. I play tier 6 through 6 and depend on the premiums for tier 8. So this is my question:

1. Should I only play several tanks and should I only choose the style I'm best in?

2. There is nothing I can do with the teams I'm given so do I play differently when I know I'm on a crap team?

3. Does it really make a difference if I'm running with boosters or not?

4. And I know I have to Git-Good and I'm trying so any serious advice would be appreciated.

Every time I have had a problem here you people seem to help more than Customer Support which I believe is an OxiMoron so thanks in advance for the serious replies.

1a. What I would recomend is to play with the vehicles that bring joy to you.
1b. If you want to improve stats, you should verify the vehicles that you perform better. For example, even that you only played 3 battles with it, your best performance is with the Achilles (tier 6 british tank destroyer). If you continue with that performance, you will naturally increase your statistics.
2. WoT is living at the age of the powercreep (autoloaders, auto-reloaders, double cannons, wheeled vehicles, field modifications, focus on fast battles), so you have to adapt, improvise and overcome the problems. If you're focusing in statistics, you'll have to be more selfish and use your team as baits (I prefer the other strategy, focusing in teamwork, but the "purple ones" uses the team).
3. No.
4. As "every shot counts", don't forget that you can use premium ammo to make sure some of your shots will pen.

As time goes by you'll get who-where-what and then you can change some of the tips above (like you will not depend more on premium ammo, or even "feel" whose teammates are more reliable to teamwork), but as a general guidance, those tips can buff your recent stats.

Remember that when you understand more about the game (and the vehicles, and the ammo, and the camouflage, and whatever), you can start a new account, and with all the knowledge, you will have better statistics (you will be a re-roll, then).



Yojimbo50 #9 Posted Aug 04 2022 - 22:16

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37917 battles
  • 471
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017
Thank you all for the kind words and the words of wisdom. I do play for fun and love this game but going for the golden ring is how I was taught to play and will always be harder on my own performance than my team. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users