BEST-DRESSED PET CONTEST: Win tanks and prizes on International Homeless Animals Day!

contest pets animals charity OminousFyxen Rudy Bulldog M41 T34-85 M41 Bulldog

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

OminousFyxen #1 Posted Aug 05 2022 - 18:05

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 17497 battles
  • [INKD] INKD

Calling all tankers with creatures great and small, fluffy and furry, feathered and scaled - all are welcome!

In honor of upcoming International Homeless Animals Day and our very first Playing4Paws Charity Live Stream Fundraiser we're hosting a Best-Dressed Pet Contest- so cue up your camera and prepare to bring your fancy, your silly, your resplendent furry (and non-furry) friends donned in their best outfits and vie for some awesome prizes courtesy of Austin Pets Alive!, WGNA, and my amazing and generous stream community!

The contest opens today, Friday August 5th and entries will be accepted until 12am Central on Thursday, August 18th. The participating fundraising streamers and WGNA staff will narrow down the entries to a final 3 and then YOU get to vote for the winner live during our Playing for Paws marathon fundraiser on 20 August!

How to Enter:

Submit a picture or pictures of YOUR pet (see rules below for what qualifies as a pet and the accepted file types) dressed up in their best outfit as a reply to this forum thread. Outfits can be store-bought or homemade or a combo. And yes, you may submit multiple pics from different angles of your pet in their best outfit.

Tune into the WGNA Twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/WorldoftanksNA) during the Playing for Paws marathon stream fundraiser on Saturday August 20th starting at 12 pm central to see who the finalists are and place your vote for the winner!

What are the rules?

1. 1 entry per person
  2. NA Account-holders only: prizing is from WGNA so winners must have an NA account. **NA CCs and WGNA Staff are not eligible- though fun pics for inspiration are very welcome!**
  3. Pets must be yours and must be some sort of domesticated creature that can be considered a pet- such as cats, dogs, horses, pot-bellied pigs, birds, snakes, lizards, turtles, fish, what have you- and sorry, no, stuffed animals, pet rocks, and tanks don’t count- that’s a whole different contest anyway.
  4. Entries must be clear pictures in either .jpg, .png, or .bmp formats and to play nice with the forum software try to make them under 500k if you can. However- IF the mean ol forum software gives you the "you have exceeded your 500k" attachment message you may submit an IMGUR link instead. Alternatively you can go to your forum profile under settings and then attachments and clear out old ones. Not sure why the limit is so small but it is :( Also, please no lo-res, blurry or grainy pics- the finalists will be shown live on stream during the fundraiser stream for voting so the pics need to be good ones! No videos will be accepted for voting purposes but can be submitted for the awwwwws.
  5. Entries must be posted by 12 am U.S. Central time on Thursday August 18th- any posted after this cut-off will not be considered for the contest but will still be generally appreciated for their cuteness/cleverness.
  6. Any entries depicting or suggesting cruel or abusive treatment of any creature (or posts describing such) will not be accepted and may result in additional consequences.   

What do you win?

Best Dressed (1st Place)

$100 Chewy digital gift card  

Tier 8 M41 Bulldog + Doge- Such Camo, Much Wow Skin

APA! Tumbler and My Favorite Breed is Rescue pet bandana

2nd Place

$50 Chewy digital gift card  

T34-85 Rudy & Doge- Such Camo, Much Wow Skin

APA-Mug

3rd Place

$25 Chewy digital gift card

Doge- Such Camo, Much Wow Skin

APA! Canvas Tote

So that's it- good luck everyone and can't wait to see your submissions!

Link to peep the APA! prizes here!

P4P APA! Prizes Updated.png

https://imgur.com/Be9AnCz

Edited by OminousFyxen, Aug 10 2022 - 23:16.

OminousFyxen #2 Posted Aug 05 2022 - 18:48

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 17497 battles
  • [INKD] INKD

And for inspiration, here's our little er, Princess Willowiea...

Help me Obi-mom-kenobi, you're my only hope.... to get out of this ridiculous outfit...

1 For Forum Inspiration.png

Edited by OminousFyxen, Aug 05 2022 - 19:04.

TragicLoss #3 Posted Aug 09 2022 - 15:35

Stream Producer

• Administrator
  • 11620 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
I'm super excited to see all the different pet pics :D

OminousFyxen #4 Posted Aug 09 2022 - 21:18

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 17497 battles
  • [INKD] INKD

View PostTragicLoss, on Aug 09 2022 - 08:35, said:

I'm super excited to see all the different pet pics :D

Me too- I know there are some adorable gems out there!

Jaguarz #5 Posted Aug 10 2022 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 16600 battles

View PostOminousFyxen, on Aug 05 2022 - 18:05, said:

Entries must be posted by 12 am U.S. Central time on Thursday August 4th- any posted after this cut-off will not be considered for the contest but will still be generally appreciated for their cuteness/cleverness.

I assume this is a typo given time machines are not widely available to the general public unless its a year long entry gate....

Im not entering as all my pets are committed nudists, have claws and Im fond of keeping my blood inside my body, I will start you off though its not a happy start.

Obsidian was one of my disabled rescues, hes only 4 years old, has severe cerebellar hypoplasia, nystagmus, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and likely other issues. We lost his sister Onyx in November which was a big shock for him so we got him a pair of kittens to bond with (physically normal, a disabled one we took on didnt like him). Itty and Bobbi dote on him and look after him which is really sweet to see and they have been like this since we had them (around 5 weeks old) they dont try and wrestle him, or attack his tail, its almost like they parent him. Heres Bobbi giving Obsidian and good bath.

Obsidian passed away last week, broke my soul, rest in peace little one, this world wasnt fair to you.

Posted Image

Edited by Jaguarz, Aug 10 2022 - 20:21.

OminousFyxen #6 Posted Aug 10 2022 - 23:45

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 17497 battles
  • [INKD] INKD

View PostJaguarz, on Aug 10 2022 - 13:21, said:

I assume this is a typo given time machines are not widely available to the general public unless its a year long entry gate....

Im not entering as all my pets are committed nudists, have claws and Im fond of keeping my blood inside my body, I will start you off though its not a happy start.

Obsidian was one of my disabled rescues, hes only 4 years old, has severe cerebellar hypoplasia, nystagmus, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and likely other issues. We lost his sister Onyx in November which was a big shock for him so we got him a pair of kittens to bond with (physically normal, a disabled one we took on didnt like him). Itty and Bobbi dote on him and look after him which is really sweet to see and they have been like this since we had them (around 5 weeks old) they dont try and wrestle him, or attack his tail, its almost like they parent him. Heres Bobbi giving Obsidian and good bath.

Obsidian passed away last week, broke my soul, rest in peace little one, this world wasnt fair to you.

Posted Image

First, yes, you were correct, the second mention of the due date was an unfortunate brain-fart typo- the cut off is August 18th as it said earlier in the post, my apologies.

Next, thank you so much for sharing your lovely Obsidian and his story, especially with it being such a recent loss- I know how hard that had to be. It sounds like your furry ones are very lucky to have such a wonderful home and family. Your Obsidian and Onyx remind me of my Raven- she was also a beautiful black kitty- she was a FeLV and my first adoptee from APA- she was near feral and it was over a year before I ever could even touch her. With a ton of patience and time she finally realized we weren't going to hurt her and once that trust was gained she literally flipped a switch and became the most affectionate girl I've ever had. Sadly we only got about 6 months more with her after that point as she developed cancer and with her FeLV long-term treatments would only slightly delay the inevitable and would have been miserable and cruel for her to go through. While there will always be a hole in our hearts- luckily our hearts can expand and make room for more furry family members.  But we will never forget.

DomoSapien #7 Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 15677 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Bumps for interest!

Also tagged with contest, pets, animals, charity, OminousFyxen, Rudy, Bulldog, M41, T34-85, M41 Bulldog

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users