Jump to content


* * * * * 1 votes

[ S T ] Changes to Airfield enter the supertest

KRZY

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Aug 11 2022 - 21:19

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 5558 battles
  • 1,685
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

 

Airfield

The central area has been reworked on the Airfield map. Now, it is better suited for playing in heavily armored vehicles, since more firing positions have been added, along with more cover from SPGs.

The encounter area is now located in the center of the map, which helps balance the shoot-through ranges.

The operation area of light tanks has also been reworked to provide more variety.

1. The central lane has been reworked to improve the gameplay of heavily armored vehicles. The side "fenders" have become larger. Now, players can take several positions there.

1.1_Airfield_before.png

1.1_Airfield_after.png

1.2_Airfield_before.png

1.2_Airfield_after.png

1.3_Airfield_before.png

1.3_Airfield_after.png

 

2. A passage from the central hill has been added at the HT lane.

2.1_Airfield_before.png

2.1_Airfield_after.png

 

3. The positions for light tanks have been improved, along with gameplay variety in this direction.

3.1_Airfield_before.png

3.1_Airfield_after.png

 

 

For the entire album of pics in one place, click HERE.

 

 



BianHong #2 Posted Aug 11 2022 - 21:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9094 battles
  • 819
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    01-07-2017

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 11 2022 - 12:19, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

 

 

 

 

 

What is keeping wargaming from expanding Airfield? Those ridges on the left side looks gorgeous; as well as the terrain on the upper and bottom part of that map would be awesome as playable fields.



RealBattousai #3 Posted Aug 12 2022 - 02:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 66762 battles
  • 2,385
  • [EMAIL] EMAIL
  • Member since:
    02-02-2012

View PostBianHong, on Aug 11 2022 - 15:47, said:

 

What is keeping wargaming from expanding Airfield? Those ridges on the left side looks gorgeous; as well as the terrain on the upper and bottom part of that map would be awesome as playable fields.

 

There used to be a time you could climb up there...



_BobaFett #4 Posted Aug 12 2022 - 02:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 336 battles
  • 2,025
  • [BOBA_] BOBA_
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018
This doesn't change much in my opinion. The map is still a complete stalemate for both teams and whoever pushes loses. That's the current problem.

martingalindo #5 Posted Aug 12 2022 - 06:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 56484 battles
  • 1,199
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

Decent changes that were needed.

Still will be called "Waitfield".
I agree that the north part could be opened to add gameplay for meds and lights
 



Yuri_Doujinshi #6 Posted Aug 16 2022 - 21:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 27460 battles
  • 3,419
  • [CZ4R] CZ4R
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
This looks terrible. It does nothing to solve the inherent problem with the map, which is that you cannot push anything unless you have already won the game. If anything it seems like this is just creating more positions to get shots into the heavy line and punish aggressive play, as well as making it easier for light tanks to play on the outside and permalight heavies so peeking is instantly punished.

TastyPastry #7 Posted Aug 16 2022 - 23:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 37330 battles
  • 3,296
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on Aug 16 2022 - 16:28, said:

This looks terrible. It does nothing to solve the inherent problem with the map, which is that you cannot push anything unless you have already won the game. If anything it seems like this is just creating more positions to get shots into the heavy line and punish aggressive play, as well as making it easier for light tanks to play on the outside and permalight heavies so peeking is instantly punished.

 

Let's be real, WG's map design department doesn't understand why their maps are bad. 



Fievel_x3 #8 Posted Aug 17 2022 - 01:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12914 battles
  • 27
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    08-06-2015

View PostTastyPastry, on Aug 16 2022 - 17:33, said:

 

Let's be real, WG's map design department doesn't understand why their maps are bad. 

++



Brynar #9 Posted Aug 20 2022 - 12:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26393 battles
  • 1,582
  • Member since:
    09-02-2018
The "LT go make a sandwich" map. It's beyond help unfortunately. WG ought to save their efforts and introduce the new maps already. This piece of trash is a lost cause.





Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users