* * * * * 1 votes

[ S T ] Lion tank enters the super test!

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ArcticTankHunter #21 Posted Sep 21 2022 - 03:16

Captain

• Players
  • 27092 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

Since WG is adding 1970's tanks. I'm going to put this here(read Comet section!) for the devs as a reminder that they can added a whole new tech tree for British medium line. USSR got two, US almost got two and German has two. Vicker MBT Mk4 is highly possible.

A couple of tanks need down tiering due to newer nation tech tree having higher era design tanks to completely balance MM again. Long overdue.

Avalon304 #22 Posted Sep 21 2022 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 28917 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostArcticTankHunter, on Sep 20 2022 - 19:16, said:

Since WG is adding 1970's tanks. I'm going to put this here(read Comet section!) for the devs as a reminder that they can added a whole new tech tree for British medium line. USSR got two, US almost got two and German has two. Vicker MBT Mk4 is highly possible.

A couple of tanks need down tiering due to newer nation tech tree having higher era design tanks to completely balance MM again. Long overdue.

Vickers Mk. 4 has Chobam composite armor and would be disqualified from being in the game based on the technology limits imposed by WG. Composite armor, smoothbore guns and advanced fire control systems arent allowed in the game.

Stop gettign hung up on the year a tank was introduced... that hasnt mattered for atleast 10 years. And the Comet doesnt need to be downtiered.

ArcticTankHunter #23 Posted Sep 30 2022 - 04:20

Captain

• Players
  • 27092 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 21 2022 - 06:02, said:

Vickers Mk. 4 has Chobam composite armor and would be disqualified from being in the game based on the technology limits imposed by WG. Composite armor, smoothbore guns and advanced fire control systems arent allowed in the game.

Stop gettign hung up on the year a tank was introduced... that hasnt mattered for atleast 10 years. And the Comet doesnt need to be downtiered.

There I added Chieftain Mk6 since WG doesn't have it on PC yet. Totally 1970+ tank.

What so special about British line should be trading armour for high penetration. The default AP rounds of Comet can't be buffed then its going to have to go down to tier 6. Look at all the tier 6 vehicle pen. So similar and almost close.

I do believe I read somewhere there is a different A41 Prototype that has strong upper hull armour. That should be the tier 7 tech tree tank. There is like 6 A41 Prototypes and 4 different turrets. Split the 4 turrets into two turrets per tech tree tank include Centurion Mk1 which is not fully in game by itself when it should have been first place due to a lot of modules that can be converted into one tech tree tank. This will completely end the powercreep out of Comet penetration issue against tier 8 tanks such as the New Viperia start since the addition of Defender. The 17 pdr could be convert to 268mm or 275mm of pen for premium rounds for tier 7s. Comet should be competing with Fireflies honestly due to pen difference hugely tier for tier.

Avalon304 #24 Posted Sep 30 2022 - 06:11

Major

• Players
  • 28917 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostArcticTankHunter, on Sep 29 2022 - 20:20, said:

There I added Chieftain Mk6 since WG doesn't have it on PC yet. Totally 1970+ tank.

What so special about British line should be trading armour for high penetration. The default AP rounds of Comet can't be buffed then its going to have to go down to tier 6. Look at all the tier 6 vehicle pen. So similar and almost close.

I do believe I read somewhere there is a different A41 Prototype that has strong upper hull armour. That should be the tier 7 tech tree tank. There is like 6 A41 Prototypes and 4 different turrets. Split the 4 turrets into two turrets per tech tree tank include Centurion Mk1 which is not fully in game by itself when it should have been first place due to a lot of modules that can be converted into one tech tree tank. This will completely end the powercreep out of Comet penetration issue against tier 8 tanks such as the New Viperia start since the addition of Defender. The 17 pdr could be convert to 268mm or 275mm of pen for premium rounds for tier 7s. Comet should be competing with Fireflies honestly due to pen difference hugely tier for tier.

There is zero reason to down tier the Comet. Its fine where it is. It is not the only tier 7 medium with lower penetration.

ArcticTankHunter #25 Posted Yesterday, 01:53 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27092 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 30 2022 - 06:11, said:

There is zero reason to down tier the Comet. Its fine where it is. It is not the only tier 7 medium with lower penetration.

Jumping back into this conversation. Yes, your right it is not the lowest penetration. But, I have found the fixes for all three tanks penetration issues. Comet and T-43 should be one tier lower. VK30.02D can get a huge pen buffing due to using same gun as premium tier 6 Tiger tanks. T-43 was a prototype competing with T-34-85 and lost, they can replace it with a slower version T-34-100 using one of the 100mm gun of T-44. It should not be one tier higher. As for KV-13 its fine due to trade off of good armour. As for T-44 can make it have a choice between using the 122mm gun with higher penetration and slower reload or sticking with the 100mm gun.

This will make the Pershing and T69 the worst pen tier 8 tech tree tanks in the list and I have already made suggestions about them. Really easy fixes for WG to end the dumb powercreep and penetration issues in the game.

Edit: Just notice WG gave the best penetration stats to the wrong 100mm gun. I've add T-44 on the list. All they need to do is swap the gun stats. It should be using the D10T as last gun. The LB-1 is the last gun for T-34-100. The premium T-44-100 also needs to change its gun description. So no, T-44 last gun is not the T-34-100 gun, this is WG mistake to make T-54 gun as start gun.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Yesterday, 02:40 AM.

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users