You Ask, We Reply: Upcoming Tanks Answers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
321 replies to this topic

dabombXxX #21 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 06:17

Private

• Players
  • 1948 battles
can we have some Japan tanks ?
if you liked the idea if you can can i have the best heavy tank for the japanese tank?

Atemerus #22 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 06:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17854 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
What about latin american tanks or Neutral nations? Not only the europeans had a tree, maybe getting a "neutral nations tree" i know that there are many nations that created a few tanks for example the light tank in Mexico called "Salinas" it was similar to a light tank of Great Britain.

Vallter #23 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 07:22

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles
For start, there are more answers coming soon, with more information. It was just a first part.

Secondly, regarding the question why we mention the questions, on which we cannot give any exact information. If you look at previous You Ask We Reply thread, players were worried about their questions being disregarded. We decided to please them and add them to the list, though we were not able to give any information.  

View Postshank117, on Oct 20 2011 - 06:16, said:

oh and how can i sign up for the open test for the new update i always wanted to be a tester

Just follow the news. Once the test start, you'll see an article with instructions. how to enter it.

Khagan #24 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 07:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18607 battles
When will part two of this thread be up? A lot of the answers to the questions were a bit obvious.

Speedycake582 #25 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 07:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14021 battles
from an interested australian born kid who is half english and kiwi i would like to know a bit more about the commonwealth tree and my main question is will the churchill ever get its AVRE petard mortar for HE and HEATing people in T5+ games because i have the premium churchill and although the  6 pounder Mk. V is fun to use on T5 and lower games i would hate to see the non premium churchill (if its added) be stuck with a gun that sometimes wont pen a KV or IS unless its been shot in a really soft spot.

also is there any chance there will be HESH rounds added for the commonwealth tree to replace HEAT rounds because the AVRE petard mortar used HE or HESH (High Explosive Squash Head) and HESH was more effective at maiming/killing/breaking crew modules and also detonating ammo or fuel due to the shockwave from the explosion that was stuck in a circle shape to the side of the tank when the shell hits and its plastic explosive detonates the actual damage was done when the shockwave sent shrapnell from the spall into the crew and modules at a high velocity although the shells were less effective when they hit at higher velocities and the plastic explosive hit and spread further in larger circles

VillageId10t #26 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 08:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 32731 battles
  • [TESTE] TESTE

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 20 2011 - 03:18, said:

Can we get updated Tech Trees posted to the Website?

They are posted on the website (check the full tank trees in the ART section of the Portal)

The Object 252 is still listed as the tier 9 Russian heavy leading to the IS7 when Overlord has already confirmed in August (over 2 months ago) that it instead will be a tier 8 premium.  Either the portal hasn't been updated with new pics or wargaming hasn't bothered to update the tech trees.

Link to Overlord's announcement

Bonesaw1o1 #27 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 09:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 13295 battles
I am concerned by the news that Commonwealth tanks will be premium, seeing as premium tanks cant be upgraded. why would this be an issue? well because the one tank I've been wanting for a while is the Australian series of AC Sentinel tanks, which, over its development-life went through a number of upgrades, such as a new turret and sucessive gun upgrades from the QF-2pndr to the QF-6pndr in the prototype AC-1 and first production AC-2 series, through to the AC-3 with a QF-25pndr gun-howitzer and the prototype AC-4 with a QF-17pndr anti tank gun(preceeding the design of the sherman firefly).

also of note would be how they intend to impliment some of the Sentinel's unique features, such as its one peice cast hull and turret as we as the fact that its engine was of the "multi-bank" style (three engines operating in unison on a common drive chain)

for anyone interested in more info on the AC sentinel ; http://en.wikipedia....i/Sentinel_tank

*note; this is provided that they do infact include the sentinel, but i see that as somewhat likely seeing as the Sentinel was effectively the cousin to the canadian Ram II

also entertaining would be either of these tanks from newzealand

http://en.wikipedia..../Schofield_tank

http://en.wikipedia....Bob_Semple_tank

arrrgh #28 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 09:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 69628 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
You left out the Sentinel dual main gun version.  They had to stress test the turret prior to the arrival of the larger gun.  So, they mounted 2 of the current guns and simultaneously fired them.

(my grandfather was an engineer on the team, I have a fairly large model of the tank mounted on a plaque)

Bonesaw1o1 #29 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 10:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 13295 battles

View Postarrrgh, on Oct 20 2011 - 09:55, said:

You left out the Sentinel dual main gun version.  They had to stress test the turret prior to the arrival of the larger gun.  So, they mounted 2 of the current guns and simultaneously fired them.

(my grandfather was an engineer on the team, I have a fairly large model of the tank mounted on a plaque)

ahh so i did, apologies for that. my only thoughts are as to how that would be implimented in game, ie accuracy, re-load times (not to mention the fact that the turret was cramped as it was with one 25pndr so i'd hate to see what it was like with 2)

also if it was non-premium they could probably split it into two seperat tanks seeing as the AC3(also called the "thunderbolt" in place of the Sentinel name) had a different crew setup and increased armour (not to mention a new engine mount)

arrrgh #30 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 10:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 69628 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Well, it was not a real production model, but might still be fun.  

I would imagine its easy to implement.  For easy of implementation, I would imagine they aim normally.  I guess you might want to distinguish aim point variation, vs shell flight trajectory variation.  ie calculate trajectory the normal way, then throw in a small variation for each shell.

As to loading, its similar to the French tanks, but only 2 shots then a slow load time.

The semple would be an amusing addition.  I guess it would be a tier 1-2 heavy?  Although, I have to wonder if its corrugated iron armor could actually stop anything!

JeromeJohn #31 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 10:48

Private

• Players
  • 9177 battles
Have you plan to Add the Great Britain Nation in the Game?

Xlucine #32 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 13:10

Major

• Players
  • 7663 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO
So now it's official. the french tank's tactics will include “Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit… RUN!!!”
emphasis on the "RUN!!!" part  :P
(although I suspect the only running will be the other team - 6 shots in under 30s? nasty)

fiddler54 #33 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35554 battles
  • [BE_ER] BE_ER
WOt's has had little competition for players time online until now.
What with BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Diablo3 and SWtOR all coming out in the next few months they  will be competeing for players online.

Q1. Can you keep to a schedule of releasing patches every 4~6 weeks to keep interest up?
  Q3. Can we have specials more often - read - weekly (they don't have to be for a full weekend but maybe single day events, and even 4 hour specials)?

ProAaron #34 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:13

Private

• Players
  • 3002 battles
Q: Since you are adding so many new tanks, will you consider giving us at least one more free slot?

Rilder #35 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles

View PostProAaron, on Oct 20 2011 - 14:13, said:

Q: Since you are adding so many new tanks, will you consider giving us at least one more free slot?

Just get a KV with the KV-2 turret, boom free slot when they implement the Russian changes. get a KV-3 and a IS-4 to get even more free slots.

Also Swedish tanks in the European tree, hmm had to look those up.

Strv 74... DAT TURRET. (and it just barely fits into the games timeframe I think)

fiddler54 #36 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35554 battles
  • [BE_ER] BE_ER
Will we get a free slot and tier 1 tank for the French tree when it comes out?

MrTankFan #37 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:40

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 14945 battles

View PostScolopax, on Oct 20 2011 - 03:46, said:

Here's a polite suggestion for you Wargaming;

If you're going to answer a question with "We cannot release any dates/statistics/pics," please just skip it and answer another.  Your community prefers results!   :Smile_honoring:

I know that sounds like a good idea, but the problem is that then you wind up with people saying "why didn't you ever answer my question?" Putting out some kind of response, even "we don't know yet" in response to a question helps alleviate that a bit I think.

Thurnock #38 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51530 battles
Wot's reply to the questions could have been shorter.. IE: We know nothing.

MrTankFan #39 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 14945 battles

View PostElCartel420SPM, on Oct 20 2011 - 04:01, said:

I have 3 question that still haven't been answered involving future updates: 1) Will we get a free slot for the tier I french LT?, 2) I've heard something about the KV-3 getting up'd a tier and getting replaced by another tank? What will happen to KV-3 owners? :angry: , 3) will anything change to the Pz B2 or Pz S35 German(captured French) premium tanks?
I might be able to help with some of those questions:
1. Haven't heard anything solid about a free slot for the tier 1 French tank.
2. According to the original announcement about the tech tree changes:

KV-3 moved to tier 7 and the introduction of T-150.
Players who have a KV-3 in their garage at the time of the revision will get a KV-3 in its new status with its existing module and research setup and its old crew. Additionally they will also get a T-150 with a stock setup, extra garage slot, and 100% crew.
No additional refunds are planned.
This change is supposed to happen sometime in the first half of 2012, so it is a ways off.
3. No official word on changes to the French premiums when the French tree releases, but the assumption is that the tanks probably won't change.

fiddler54 #40 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 14:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35554 battles
  • [BE_ER] BE_ER
You have consistantly claimed that Tanks from 1955 up would not be concidered for the game.
Any yet I now hear that you will be placing the Type62 in game.
This tank was not produced until 1960.
I understand it will be a new light premium tank.

Q1. Is this to placate the Chinese players?
Q2. Why are you going back on your word?
Q3. Why can we not have the PT76 & ASU85(airborne arty) (produced 1953), Chieftan (prototype 1958), LeopardI (3 x prototypes 1960)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users