spotting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guano458 #1 Posted Sep 14 2022 - 22:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 12814 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

I was away for a while and things seem a bit different as far as spotting goes.  In my Tier 8 and above my tanks have the commanders vision system, which I read was like xray vision. I think not.  But my question is I thought that when someone shoots at you they become visible for some seconds.  Now, I've been getting hit by tanks that don't paint on the mini map, and are not visible.  could someone explain to me how the spotting actually works, or point me to a proper video.

Thanks

Projectile_Misfired #2 Posted Sep 14 2022 - 22:34

Major

• Players
  • 40355 battles

Here are some videos about spotting:

As well as some about "not getting spotted":

There are more videos out there about spotting and camo. Those are just the ones I had immediate access to.

Hopefully, someone else will post some of the other videos.

CamaroSS_2015 #3 Posted Sep 14 2022 - 22:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17781 battles
  • [ZED] ZED

I get hit all the time from tanks that no one has spotted yet.. Usually means they have a light doing it's job. And plus, I'm a culprit of sitting behind bushes every TDs always sits behind so....

joe..

I_QQ_4_U #4 Posted Sep 14 2022 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 34860 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View PostGuano458, on Sep 14 2022 - 22:26, said:

I was away for a while and things seem a bit different as far as spotting goes.  In my Tier 8 and above my tanks have the commanders vision system, which I read was like xray vision. I think not.  But my question is I thought that when someone shoots at you they become visible for some seconds.  Now, I've been getting hit by tanks that don't paint on the mini map, and are not visible.  could someone explain to me how the spotting actually works, or point me to a proper video.

Thanks

You don't become visible when you shoot, you're concealment drops a significant amount when you shoot. If you're outside anyone spotting range you could be sitting in the middle of a field and you won't get spotted, if you're behind a bush and anyone within spotting range doesn't have the VR to burn through it and your camo you won't get spotted. Even if you're in the open and shoot and your camo is still good enough to defeat any possible spotters VR you won't get spotted.

The_Pink_Panther #5 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 87 battles
  • [TGWAB] TGWAB

View PostGuano458, on Sep 14 2022 - 15:26, said:

Thanks

Don't waste your time on all those videos, they are not current and really do not reflect what you actually find, in the game.  Perhaps they were relevant, at one time but they are like everything else, in this game, POWER CREEPED.

13Jake55 #6 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 01:14

Major

• Players
  • 29851 battles

Just because you get hit does not mean you were spotted. A lot of us know where tanks try to hide behind bushes so we shoot a few rounds and hope we get a lucky hit or kill. 

When you move, excluding lights, your camo drops and when you fire your camo drops to some extent before recovering. There are other factors and parameters involved but thats the simple explanation.

TheJeep1 #7 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 81757 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC
Best way to learn is to GO PLAY!!!  Then you can figure out exactly what you need to research.

uberdice #8 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 01:56

Major

• Players
  • 31598 battles

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Sep 15 2022 - 09:46, said:

Don't waste your time on all those videos, they are not current and really do not reflect what you actually find, in the game.  Perhaps they were relevant, at one time but they are like everything else, in this game, POWER CREEPED.

Besides the math behind CVS, perhaps you'd like to explain how those videos are outdated?

I_QQ_4_U #9 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 01:59

Major

• Players
  • 34860 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Sep 15 2022 - 00:46, said:

Whatever you do don't listen to this guy, ever.

Also tagged with spotting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users