• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #21 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 19:10

Major

• Players
  • 45369 battles
  • [-NBA-] -NBA-

View PostCamaroSS_2015, on Sep 15 2022 - 09:31, said:

That is just plain silly.. I thought WoT was supposed to be "realistic"... oh well.. make a broken game more broken.

joe...

If they were 'shooting' for realistic, this tank would burst into flames and debris every 3rd or 4th time those rockets were invoked -- or better yet, there should be a RNG valuation such that using them ALWAYS brings with it a 20% chance of immediate return to garage via BIG BADA BOOM.

OvO

Rilak #22 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 19:39

Captain

• Players
  • 65677 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1

View Postvalkius, on Sep 15 2022 - 15:45, said:

Interesting ideas but I'd rather see WG devote some time to:
  • Fix the maps.
  • Change the hulldown meta.
  • Rebalance more tanks/nations.
  • Rework some ammo types.

As for actual ideas I'd like to put foward instead:

Weather events

As the name implies, a the start of a match, you'd get 25% chance to see one of the 3 following events lasting for the entire game:

• Heavy Thunderstorm. (Summer maps. Reduced radio range and increased terrain resistances for soft & moderate terrain)
  • Blizzard. (Winter maps. Reduced view range on all vehicles.)
  • Sandstorm. (Desert maps. Severly reduced view range on all vehicles.)

Weather events already exists in World of Warship, which uses the same engine as this game. Although they have minimal effects as of now, it does prove that the mechanic could be implemented.

The goal here is to maybe shake things up and I'd push even further and suggest adding a day/night cycle on each map.

Smoke launchers
Several tanks already have them modeled on them and the Frontline mode already has all the mechanics in place.

I mean, sure it promote camping to a certain extent, but it's also a great tool for pushes, crossing open sections and even capping.

Anyways, just a some random ideas from the top of my head...

weather would be very cool. like in world of warships it adds a little fun variation 

KRZYBooP #23 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 19:50

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5570 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Sep 15 2022 - 08:55, said:

Sorry if this has been talked about already but I just happened to notice Dez' video on this and I have to say that this looks rather silly. I realise that as time goes by it's becoming more and more difficult to come up with new stuff, or even variations of stuff that's already in the game, but come on WG you can't be serious about jet powered tanks ?

The words "trust us" over the past 12 years have lost some weight in conversations concerning our game. It has been taken nowadays to mean "Hold my cold beverage as I am about to blow your mind."

I too did the skeptical head tilt at the latest proposal of tanks being added with missile engines strapped to the back as if they came from ACME. (Wily E. Coyote's favorite explosive mail order catalogue.)

I poked our Super Test people for some more information on this and found this sweet video of a Russian Tank pressing the little red button. 

They also informed me of the following:

"We are now in the progress of preparing the small historical text (footnote like with more info about boosters) where we will tell more about them. I’m not sure there will be exact plans but there will be more information for sure." -WG employee in charge of Super test leaks. 

I don't personally understand as a mechanic in the Army the drive to put single-use rocket engines as opposed to trying to cut weight by using alloys for tank engine blocks, tank rounds, breaches, etc., or modifying Airplane engines to get more torque/ HP that would give a constant bonus to the tank. For me, it's in the same vein as why don't we just turn the turret toward the back, flip the tank into neutral, and see how fast an autoloader can shoot us forward. 

valkius #24 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 20:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6516 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 15 2022 - 19:50, said:

The words "trust us" over the past 12 years have lost some weight in conversations concerning our game. It has been taken nowadays to mean "Hold my cold beverage as I am about to blow your mind."

Truly appreciate the fact you're taking some time to adress our skeptism on some aspects. That being said, any word regarding the Japan tech tree? Aside from the medium tanks, the heavy line has been in decay for several years now. Heck, even Blitz/Console have TDs and a different heavy line (Type 71), the latter would be more than welcomed into the game.

dunniteowl #25 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 45369 battles
  • [-NBA-] -NBA-

Wow, those rocket assisted tanks really suddenly 'leap forward,' don't they?

I literally couldn't really see an appreciable difference.  And it took FOUR Rocket booster points to make it go a few klicks faster for the 10 to 15 seconds they could burn.  Hoping WG decides this is not viable.

OvO

Arms4life #26 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 20:25

Captain

• Players
  • 56423 battles
of course we need more fast heavy tanks, why even have other tank classes at all, why even have meds - those super duper HE shells that have been coming out lately ain't for the diaper wearing heavy players - why is wargaming trashing 4 other classes of tanks 

Asyranok #27 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 20:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35647 battles
  • [BOWSR] BOWSR

View PostCamaroSS_2015, on Sep 15 2022 - 16:31, said:

That is just plain silly.. I thought WoT was supposed to be "realistic"... oh well.. make a broken game more broken.

joe...

Why is it not realistic? Tanks of the cold war era had this tested on them. And all it does is take a really slow heavy tank and make them as fast as a fast heavy tank for about 10 seconds; about 4 times a game. I don't see how this is any more ridiculous than a tank with a gun bolted to its frame, immovable, and having the entire suspension dictate the way the entire tank aims. Frankly, the development of the S-tanks is far more bizarre than a jet booster on a tank in my opinion. Of course, the S-tanks went into full service, while jet boosters weren't really used in practice in the cold war era. But if someone came to me without me knowing about the S-tanks, and asked me which idea was more "out-there"...

Just my two cents.

Edited by Asyranok, Sep 15 2022 - 20:29.

martingalindo #28 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 20:51

Captain

• Players
  • 56516 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 15 2022 - 15:50, said:

Many words

Many words

There are any plans to really fix the wheels?

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #29 Posted Sep 15 2022 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 31974 battles
I think people are nervous because 1100/800 damage, on a tier 8? On a heavily Armourd tank (I feel bad for tier 6)  although with the HE rework I know the chances of them doing 1100 damage every shot may be far fetched, but with a good rng roll, that's a tier 6 or some tiers 7s deleted in 1 shot, (fun for them right?) Thats the only issue I see. Yes I know they're slow blah blah but what about with the field mods unlocked and people pull a Quickybaby and add a Turbo? Will it effect the top speed alot? These are my opinions of course. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a loot box gamble also.

Edited by Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, Sep 15 2022 - 22:25.

mrmojo #30 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 00:35

Major

• Players
  • 20582 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
This is "going to knock our socks off."

__BillyJack__ #31 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 00:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6834 battles
  • [32VA] 32VA

If they do get these I swear I'll get drunk and zoom around and make a [edited]out of myself. 

Them Chinese sure are sporty

Edited by __BillyJack__, Sep 16 2022 - 00:40.

DrWho_ #32 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 01:38

Major

• Players
  • 47250 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostBill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, on Sep 15 2022 - 22:19, said:

I think people are nervous because 1100/800 damage, on a tier 8? On a heavily Armourd tank (I feel bad for tier 6)  although with the HE rework I know the chances of them doing 1100 damage every shot may be far fetched, but with a good rng roll, that's a tier 6 or some tiers 7s deleted in 1 shot, (fun for them right?) Thats the only issue I see. Yes I know they're slow blah blah but what about with the field mods unlocked and people pull a Quickybaby and add a Turbo? Will it effect the top speed alot? These are my opinions of course. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a loot box gamble also.

Nice way of "nudging" people towards higher tiers perhaps.... ?

redjkent #33 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 03:14

Major

• Players
  • 155109 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
if there going to add that line, add the anime tanks from that one game i forgot the name too, this game is so far from any realistic tanks anymore

NoKeelForYou #34 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 03:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2771 battles
  • [BOWSR] BOWSR

View PostCamaroSS_2015, on Sep 15 2022 - 16:31, said:

joe...

The rockets boosts were real.Experimental tanks

spud_tuber #35 Posted Sep 16 2022 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 74603 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 15 2022 - 12:50, said:

I too did the skeptical head tilt at the latest proposal of tanks being added with missile engines strapped to the back as if they came from ACME. (Wily E. Coyote's favorite explosive mail order catalogue.)

I poked our Super Test people for some more information on this and found this sweet video of a Russian Tank pressing the little red button. 

They also informed me of the following:

"We are now in the progress of preparing the small historical text (footnote like with more info about boosters) where we will tell more about them. I’m not sure there will be exact plans but there will be more information for sure." -WG employee in charge of Super test leaks. 

I don't personally understand as a mechanic in the Army the drive to put single-use rocket engines as opposed to trying to cut weight by using alloys for tank engine blocks, tank rounds, breaches, etc., or modifying Airplane engines to get more torque/ HP that would give a constant bonus to the tank. For me, it's in the same vein as why don't we just turn the turret toward the back, flip the tank into neutral, and see how fast an autoloader can shoot us forward. 

Frankly, the derp guns are at least as confidence degrading as the boosters mechanics.   I still remember that WG neutered the 4k5, which wasn't really over performing, for population control of big derp guns.. yet lately they've been adding back in big and/or auto(re)loading derp guns.  Caliban, cobra are the 2 examples that immediately come to mind.  These tanks, if they come through with the derps available, will be more of that.  Such behavior does not inspire confidence that WG actually has a driver behind the wheel, and instead it feels like they are lurching back and forth between different lanes at random.

The_Pink_Panther #36 Posted Sep 17 2022 - 01:05

Major

• Players
  • 87 battles
  • [TGWAB] TGWAB

It's all I've found, as well.  https://www.youtube....h?v=Wv0qg7zrjl4

Soviets but not chinese.

Killertruth186 #37 Posted Sep 17 2022 - 01:10

Major

• Players
  • 23303 battles
  • [NGS] NGS

View Postvalkius, on Sep 15 2022 - 13:08, said:

Truly appreciate the fact you're taking some time to adress our skeptism on some aspects. That being said, any word regarding the Japan tech tree? Aside from the medium tanks, the heavy line has been in decay for several years now. Heck, even Blitz/Console have TDs and a different heavy line (Type 71), the latter would be more than welcomed into the game.

Funny enough, I did predicted the Italian TDs. But I didn't expect the assault Italian TDs.

KRZYBooP #38 Posted Sep 19 2022 - 17:08

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5570 battles

View Postvalkius, on Sep 15 2022 - 13:08, said:

No news on balancing that particular tank line at this time. As you may have noticed WG does balancing changes across many tanks at a time as opposed to one at a time which means more time between changes and updates is likely to occur with new additions to the game.

View Postmartingalindo, on Sep 15 2022 - 13:51, said:

There are any plans to really fix the wheels?

There were two massive changes to wheeled tanks already. (3 if you include the extra boost mechanic that was never added past the common test.) Most recently a MM change to limit wheeled tanks to only 1 per side. Is there any change beyond removing the wheeled tanks, or making them explode when they get hit once acceptable?

View PostBill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, on Sep 15 2022 - 15:19, said:

The boost mechanic is limited so its not like you can blast off to the moon if you hold the button down long enough. The way it was described sounds like the only real use is to sprint from one piece of cover to the next, maybe get an extra 100 damage on a tank ram? What I imagine happening more often than not is the Chinese heavy tank getting caught out of position and easily being dealt with. An aggressive tank without an aggressive team is just late game cover for their team mates.

Ehrlichmann #39 Posted Sep 19 2022 - 23:40

Captain

• Players
  • 32968 battles
  • [SCPZK] SCPZK

And why are we playing 1939 technology vs 1970+ again??

Oh, nm, that is what WG calls balance (cough).

Brynar #40 Posted Sep 20 2022 - 00:14

Captain

• Players
  • 27720 battles

View PostAsyranok, on Sep 15 2022 - 20:28, said:

Why is it not realistic? Tanks of the cold war era had this tested on them.

I think the answer to your question is right there in the word 'tested'. At the end of the day none were put into practice, possibly due to some negatives, like flammability and risk of explosions. If WG do us the favor of researching the reasons these ideas were abandoned, and implement those "side effects" in the game, I may be OK with it. Otherwise I feel like WG overstepped the line between "what if" and ridiculous. The closest they came before this is double barrel. This may be the final straw for me to pick another hobby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users