The Lowe is Lowe-key underated (an honest first impression)

Lowe heavy tank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

camaro1969 #1 Posted Sep 22 2022 - 22:54

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9875 battles
Back story as to why I purchased the lowe

I cannot believe how much more enjoyable this game is too play when you can confidently say that "I missed because my aim was bad" vs "I missed because rng made me miss" 

The gun is a sniper rifle. when it's coupled with it's 294mm pen APCR shells you can ignore equal tier tanks armor. I was even slapping vipera in the turret on flat ground half the time I fired at it

It's armor is surprisingly stout despite how easy it appears to be able to penetrate according to tanks GG I've had several games hull down against tier 9s where I was able to block an ungodly amount of damage even from tank destroyers shooting premium ammo at me. 

The gun is such a joy to use. 

I personally went with a turbo Lowe set up 

Turbo charger in the mobility slot. along with 105 octane gas for even more engine power. as well as field mods that boost terrain resistance across all terrain types. paired it with improved hardening on the survivability slot for high HP and a gun rammer. 

This thing MOVES. has a top speed of 40 with the turbo and will reach it on flat ground. due to this speed it's an excellent rammer. With it being 90 tons it easily pushes lighter tanks around. especially if you track them then use your weight to push them sideways making follow up shots easier. 

One downside is that because of the weight I have often accidentally rammed into my allies while backing up and not even realized that I was pushing them into the open while backing up in sniper mode. I need to work on my situational awareness. It's definitely not the fault of the tank :) 

I say the tank is underated because I've been told by MANY people in the past that it's hot garbage and had no armor to speak of. well that was just flat out wrong. if you use the armor intelligently. (Use of hull down positions, side scraping ect ect) you can confidently say most of the time enemy will find it troublesome to find your weak points. Especially if you raise your gun to hide your cupola and wiggle between shots the turret is so troll shots will often fail to penetrate. 

All in all. A surprisingly good tank that earns a boatload of credits with silver boosters active :) 

Allf #2 Posted Sep 22 2022 - 23:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47455 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

View Postcamaro1969, on Sep 22 2022 - 16:54, said:

I say the tank is underated because I've been told by MANY people in the past that it's hot garbage and had no armor to speak of. well that was just flat out wrong. if you use the armor intelligently. (Use of hull down positions, side scraping ect ect) you can confidently say most of the time enemy will find it troublesome to find your weak points. Especially if you raise your gun to hide your cupola and wiggle between shots the turret is so troll shots will often fail to penetrate. 

That's just an example of how many clueless tankers are in this game. Lowe is not a garbage tank. It never was. 

Good on you for proving them wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users