* * * - - 2 votes

[ S T ] 3 more maps: Westfield, North America, and Cliff enter the Supertest.

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Oct 07 2022 - 03:08

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5570 battles

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Westfield Changes

The whole album of pics can be found HERE.

Spoiler

North America Changes

The whole album of pics can be found HERE.

Spoiler

Cliff

The whole album of pics can be found HERE.

Spoiler

What do you think of the changes?

Edited by KRZYBooP, Oct 07 2022 - 03:22.

Altwar #2 Posted Oct 07 2022 - 03:46

Major

• Players
  • 68359 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostKRZYBooP, on Oct 06 2022 - 18:08, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

North America Changes

What do you think of the changes?

Are they changing the name of Live Oaks to North America in the same way that Artic Circle is Mannerheim?

Rawrlynn #3 Posted Oct 07 2022 - 04:36

Captain

• Players
  • 44637 battles
  • [DRAX] DRAX
can we request a reversal of the map changes on Murovanka?  

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Oct 07 2022 - 12:32

Major

• Players
  • 88965 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Was hoping for three additional or new maps with the "more" in the thread title.  :confused:

Granted the title's correct. And I should know by now not to assume when WG is concerned. :sceptic:

KaiserWilhelmShatner #5 Posted Oct 07 2022 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 19252 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN
Bring back Dragon's Ridge!

Zack2016 #6 Posted Oct 08 2022 - 05:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 51383 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L

View PostRawrlynn, on Oct 06 2022 - 22:36, said:

can we request a reversal of the map changes on Murovanka?  

YA pretty much ruined it for paper TDs that want to go 1-2.

Kharah #7 Posted Oct 08 2022 - 10:15

Captain

• Players
  • 28427 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostZack2016, on Oct 07 2022 - 23:01, said:

YA pretty much ruined it for paper TDs that want to go 1-2.

Just don't go 1-2.

Ich_bin_Hass #8 Posted Oct 08 2022 - 16:05

Captain

• Players
  • 84980 battles
  • [DAV] DAV

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Oct 07 2022 - 15:22, said:

Bring back Dragon's Ridge!

Agreed ! Along with North West, South Coast, Komarin, Severogorsk, and revert back to the original Pearl River !

Ich_bin_Hass #9 Posted Oct 08 2022 - 16:10

Captain

• Players
  • 84980 battles
  • [DAV] DAV

View PostKharah, on Oct 08 2022 - 03:15, said:

Just don't go 1-2.

They pretty much ruined Murovanka for all TD's except the super heavy ones. Like the Jpzr 100. WG's just turned it into another nose to nose brawling map. St under 50 Meters. Which is what they're doing to every map anymore.

There are no maps for scouts, artty or TD's. It's all for Russian Heavies and Mediums. Nose to nose brawling.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Oct 08 2022 - 16:42.

Avalon304 #10 Posted Oct 09 2022 - 05:56

Major

• Players
  • 29026 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Oct 08 2022 - 08:10, said:

There are no maps for scouts, artty or TD's. It's all for Russian Heavies and Mediums. Nose to nose brawling.

False.

There are plenty of maps where those tank classes are perfectly viable... including Murovanka.

View PostAltwar, on Oct 06 2022 - 19:46, said:

Are they changing the name of Live Oaks to North America in the same way that Artic Circle is Mannerheim?

North America is what the maps is named in the game files.

Edited by Avalon304, Oct 09 2022 - 05:56.

Ich_bin_Hass #11 Posted Oct 09 2022 - 16:36

Captain

• Players
  • 84980 battles
  • [DAV] DAV

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 08 2022 - 22:56, said:

False.

There are plenty of maps where those tank classes are perfectly viable... including Murovanka.

North America is what the maps is named in the game files.

Yeah, just shill for them. You're in one of the big clans they cater too. You've gotten what you wanted. Nose to nose maps to brawl on.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Oct 09 2022 - 16:37.

Angry_Johnny_Killbillys #12 Posted Oct 09 2022 - 20:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 24 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 08 2022 - 22:56, said:

False.

Since they specifically mention heavy's are rewarded with the improvements on two of the maps as improvements for them, his comment is valid and your comment is not even relative to what he said.  But as always your credibility is zero. It always has been as evidenced by your "loyal" following of three or four people that used to watch you stream. The fact one of the primary map complaints has always been the choke point rubble laden maps tailored for heavys and brawling. You just ignore that to get your name in the thread with another wrong and condescending comment.

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Oct 09 2022 - 09:36, said:

Yeah, just shill for them. You're in one of the big clans they cater too. You've gotten what you wanted. Nose to nose maps to brawl on.

Russian game Russian mentality no matter where they set up their headquarters or what fake attempts they do for optics by "removing" the RU server from their direct control for optics. As real life events show their dogmatic approach is reflected in the game. Maps have always been and always will be oriented to rock humping heavy's.

Angry_Johnny_Killbillys #13 Posted Oct 09 2022 - 20:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 24 battles
Honestly so far the majority of map changes are not for the better. The absolute lack of emphasis on expediting the recent tested new maps ( recent is quickly becoming a term that doesn't apply to them) simply shows they do not care enough about anything but monetary aspects of the game to prioritize them.

cloudwalking #14 Posted Oct 22 2022 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 198 battles

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Oct 09 2022 - 16:36, said:

wait…you think WG give a crap about senpei?  Lololol…they don’t.

Avalon is right, most of your complaints are ridiculous and if you spent less time immediately giving up mentally at the countdown when you have a map you don’t think is viable in a tank you don’t think will work.  The simple truth is that those tanks you listed can be played on every map.  You may not like how they need to be played to be successful but that strikes me as failure to adapt more than anything else.

Fist_of_Kalinga #15 Posted Oct 25 2022 - 06:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8267 battles
  • [M_M_E] M_M_E
While I will agree that most recent map changes heavily favor a meta of hull-down heavy tank brawling, I don't think non-heavy tanks are excluded completely. There are a lot maps where TDs and scouts are highly limited in effectiveness but there's really only a couple of maps where long-range TDs and scouts are nearly useless (Ensk, I'm looking at you). That said, I also agree with the sentiment that you have to be able to adapt to the conditions. Maps like Prokhorovka, Live Oak (North America), and Karelia are still maps where scouts and hidden TDs are effective. Frankly, I think there should be maps designed to favor each of the five classes: There should be maps where TDs reign supreme and direct-combat tanks have to try to hide and use the terrain to survive. There should be maps where light tanks and scouts are necessary to find the enemy. There should be maps where medium tanks rule the field and heavies are nothing more than HP pinatas. There should even be maps where arty is king. And in all cases, you won't know what you're going to have to deal with until you drop in, and then you have to adapt.

Avalon304 #16 Posted Oct 25 2022 - 12:54

Major

• Players
  • 29026 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Oct 09 2022 - 08:36, said:

SNPAI isnt "one of the big clans".... like at all. That you think it is is actually funnier than your completely incorrect complaints about Russian heavies and mediums being the only viable tank types in this game. Actually its more funny that you think WG cares about clans at all... but I digress. Your complaint is pretty objectively and verifiably false. Never mind that I mainly play mediums, while occasionally dabbling in lights and more camo oriented TDs and dont generally play heavies all that often.

View PostAngry_Johnny_Killbillys, on Oct 09 2022 - 12:39, said:

Since they specifically mention heavy's are rewarded with the improvements on two of the maps as improvements for them, his comment is valid and your comment is not even relative to what he said.  But as always your credibility is zero. It always has been as evidenced by your "loyal" following of three or four people that used to watch you stream. The fact one of the primary map complaints has always been the choke point rubble laden maps tailored for heavys and brawling. You just ignore that to get your name in the thread with another wrong and condescending comment.

Russian game Russian mentality no matter where they set up their headquarters or what fake attempts they do for optics by "removing" the RU server from their direct control for optics. As real life events show their dogmatic approach is reflected in the game. Maps have always been and always will be oriented to rock humping heavy's.

I mean I know reading isnt your strong suit but his complaint was:

"There are no maps for scouts, artty or TD's. It's all for Russian Heavies and Mediums. Nose to nose brawling."

which is objectively and verifiably false.

Further, just improving the heavy flank does not, in any way shape or form mean the map is designed purely for heavies or that the map doesnt allow for mediums, lights, tds ore arty to be played well on it. There are very few maps in the game that are purely designed for heavies (never mind just Russian heavies as the other fool's complaint would have us believe).

Yes lots of bad players complain about the maps being bad, with corridors and rubble for heavies. But bad players are bad for a reason. The maps have always had corridors and rubble piles for heavies to go hull down on. It hasnt gotten worse. Mediums, lights, camo TDs and event arty are usable on pretty much every map in the game, in most positions, if you have more than a single brain cell to rub together. Most of the maps in the game havent actually changed all that drastically throughout this games life. You can still play mediums and lights and camo TDs very easily. I manage to do it all the time. So do thousands of other players. If you or someone else cant, thats what we call a skill issue.

Also what loyal following? LIke my guy I didnt really stream often enough to grow a following... do you think this is somehow a gotcha? Or that its at all relevant to the reality of this game? Because it isnt. I know you like to bring up irrelevant things and try to personally attack people when things arent going your way but do try to keep to the actual discussion.

martingalindo #17 Posted Oct 28 2022 - 03:37

Captain

• Players
  • 56516 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 09 2022 - 01:56, said:

False.

The less of them but they exist yea.
They are like a legend you got them from time to time and then you got Berlin, Tundra, Himmeldorf, Empire border, Paris, Ensk, Pearl River, Abbey

Then you get a good live oaks and then you get the same city maps again

Avalon304 #18 Posted Oct 28 2022 - 09:51

Major

• Players
  • 29026 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postmartingalindo, on Oct 27 2022 - 19:37, said:

The less of them but they exist yea.
They are like a legend you got them from time to time and then you got Berlin, Tundra, Himmeldorf, Empire border, Paris, Ensk, Pearl River, Abbey

Then you get a good live oaks and then you get the same city maps again

I have no issues using lights or mediums or tds on Berlin, Tundra, Empires Border, Paris, Pearl River or Abbey. There are plenty of places to go for those tank classes.

I have Ensk blocked, but its just a bad map in general (too small, though even there I can strill find ways to play lights and mediums and TDs) and yea sure, Himmels is pretty heavy tank oriented, but even there mediums can go hill and have a pretty good time, or play rails. Like... Im really convinced that "[insert map here} doesnt work for lights/mediums/tds" is just code for "I dont want to have to ever use my brain"... because if you have even 2 brain cells you will find plenty of positions on most of those maps where those tank classes can work just fine.

The very few maps in the game that are almost purely heavy oriented still allow for other classes to play just fine.

martingalindo #19 Posted Oct 28 2022 - 17:06

Captain

• Players
  • 56516 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 28 2022 - 05:51, said:

I have no issues using lights or mediums or tds on Berlin, Tundra, Empires Border, Paris, Pearl River or Abbey. There are plenty of places to go for those tank classes.

I have Ensk blocked,

Ensk has a better spoting position than Berlin, Tundra and empire border so maybe you dont play for spot and you play lights for damage.

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 28 2022 - 05:51, said:

Im really convinced that "[insert map here} doesnt work for lights/mediums/tds" is just code for "I dont want to have to ever use my brain"... because if you have even 2 brain cells you will find plenty of positions on most of those maps where those tank classes can work just fine.

Or maybe you are an amazing player and we cant reach your skill

Edited by martingalindo, Oct 28 2022 - 17:08.

Avalon304 #20 Posted Oct 30 2022 - 00:17

Major

• Players
  • 29026 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postmartingalindo, on Oct 28 2022 - 09:06, said:

Ensk has a better spoting position than Berlin, Tundra and empire border so maybe you dont play for spot and you play lights for damage.

Or maybe you are an amazing player and we cant reach your skill

I play the map. I dont pigeon hole myself into certain play styles because of the tank type Im driving. If youre playing lights and only spotting no matter the map then you have a problem. (That being said there are spots on Berlin, Tundra and Empire's Border where you can  provide spotting, even if only initially, for your team). And I dont even like playing heavies on Ensk, it just just too physically small of a map for the tiers I normally play at.

Perhaps... but really when people say that they cant play a tank type on a certain map it is generally because they dont want to have to think about how to play that tank type on that map. They, like you, go "oh lights should spot and I cant really spot on *insert map here* so lights are useless" when they arent. You have to play the map, regardless of the tank type youre in. Sometimes that means being a tiny medium tank with camo, sometimes that means finding a bush to sit in, sometimes that means being an active scout, sometimes it means all 3. Same thing with TDs, sometimes that means you get to find a sniper position, sometimes that means you need to learn how to brawl in a no armor TD.  Its significantly harder than just going "oh but my Waffle IV has no armor so I must snipe no matter what and am useless on maps where I cant do that".

Also tagged with KRZY

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users