Jump to content


I see they are going to attempt to ram SCREW 2.0 OR NOW 3.0, into the game


48 replies to this topic

The_Pink_Panther #1 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 16:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 2,571
  • [TGWAB] TGWAB
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012
That didn't take very long, the old year isn't quite over and already they are advertising "SCREW 2.0" which has been revamped to be "SCREW 3.0" now.  If anything, they are persistantly trying to keep making the same mistake(s), they made in World of Warships, nearly killing off the player base, along with other things.  WOW, is all I can say.

KiltedBlackhorse #2 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 16:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21 battles
  • 554
  • Member since:
    02-04-2022

Well yeah ...

 

Told you a long time ago that it wasn't dead ...

 

Like no one believed me when I said the Soviet Union wasn't dead, either.



Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 16:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 40326 battles
  • 9,781
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

It was obvious what they were doing. 

First, they make some changes to some of the skills/perks, like Intuition, and add in Sound Detection.

Then, they give EVERY Commander free 6th Sense.

Next, it looks like a much needed change to the UI. It also looks like they're finally adding in the ability to use a crew on, up to 3, tech tree tanks.

And, it also looks like there's going to be the chance of converting some crews into Training Manuals. This one is might be the scary one. Not sure if they're planning on converting the crews themselves or allowing us to convert them, as we see fit. I would prefer the option of selecting which crews get converted. But, I have a gut-wrenching feeling that it's going to be a conversion like the PRs, where it happens as soon as you login after the associated update (at least that's what happened when testing Crew 2.0 on the Sandbox). 

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens though.



heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 16:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 89617 battles
  • 33,621
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

 

 

 

If that intro seems familiar these guys sampled it.

 



JollyGrim #5 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 16:39

    First lieutenant

  • Community Contributor
  • 47046 battles
  • 767
  • [WTRBT] WTRBT
  • Member since:
    01-01-2013

So no chance that when they asked for your feedback that they took your feedback, listened to your feedback & used your feedback to make improvements, huh?

 

 



_Katyusha___ #6 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 17:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 24650 battles
  • 2,549
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016
So it is a good i barely play this game anymore. Heck, i abandoned ships looong ago, and each day is harder to play tanks only to get one mission done, the WG game that i play more is currently World of Warplanes

Kramah313 #7 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 17:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 15538 battles
  • 2,561
  • [BOOP3] BOOP3
  • Member since:
    01-26-2018

I’m going to try really hard to hold my complaints until I actually see this attempt. It LOOKS better this time on the video. We all know there is a knife in our backs waiting somewhere, but I want to see how sharp it is before I complain this time. 
 

If it goes through as it did in the previous attempt, I’m probably done. 



The_Pink_Panther #8 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 17:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 2,571
  • [TGWAB] TGWAB
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostKramah313, on Dec 23 2022 - 10:16, said:

I’m going to try really hard to hold my complaints until I actually see this attempt. It LOOKS better this time on the video. We all know there is a knife in our backs waiting somewhere, but I want to see how sharp it is before I complain this time. 
 

If it goes through as it did in the previous attempt, I’m probably done. 

Dude, simply put, this nothing more than another money trap.  They are only going to give you about 50% training status on any of your crews, maybe a little more and then you will be able to purchase your way, albeit more expensively, just to get back to where you originally were.  The ironic and hypocritical thing about all of this is: I asked, as many did, for an extra equipment slot on all vehicles and was told that it would unbalance this game.  This system will do way more than that, to this game.  It will make the disparity between players much much worse and way more visible than it already is.  If you got lots of money to spend, then you will have the best crews, if you don't, then you have to combersomely earn your way through the bloated ranks.  This is nothing more than a pig in a new blanket.



The_Pink_Panther #9 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 17:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 2,571
  • [TGWAB] TGWAB
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostJollyGrim, on Dec 23 2022 - 09:39, said:

So no chance that when they asked for your feedback that they took your feedback, listened to your feedback & used your feedback to make improvements, huh?

 

 

You know they didn't sir, we all do.  They don't care what we want, it's what they want.

 



RagnarokBazil #10 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 17:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33599 battles
  • 947
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    02-20-2012

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Dec 23 2022 - 10:10, said:

That didn't take very long, the old year isn't quite over and already they are advertising "SCREW 2.0" which has been revamped to be "SCREW 3.0" now.  If anything, they are persistantly trying to keep making the same mistake(s), they made in World of Warships, nearly killing off the player base, along with other things.  WOW, is all I can say.



just like how HE changes were received positive 70%+



ExploratorOne #11 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 19:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24570 battles
  • 1,320
  • [LOU1] LOU1
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015
TragicLoss said on stream in the last week that they were trying to implement the ideas that players liked.  She also mentioned that she herself had issues with some of the original aspects.

Angry_Johnny_Killbillys #12 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 19:19

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24 battles
  • 3,993
  • Member since:
    07-22-2021

View PostJollyGrim, on Dec 23 2022 - 09:39, said:

So no chance that when they asked for your feedback that they took your feedback, listened to your feedback & used your feedback to make improvements, huh?

 

 

Yep they listened and decided to wrap basically the same crap into a new box thinking players are to stupid to see? IIRC a majority said they do not need to revise the whole system just tweak it and add a couple of new skills along with free sixth sense. So they did a PR thing and tossed out free sixth. While still working on basically what they wanted to do in the first place. They play the customers thinking they are stupid and it seems they may be right.

Until the actual entire program comes, maybe Tragic is right it is what the players asked for, i will wait to judge it. If it isn't I am done as I will not go thru the change. It really is a deal breaker considering the game is not particularly entertaining anymore.

IMO the majority of the list is not positive or is BS they will never follow thru with. I will wait and see.


Edited by Angry_Johnny_Killbillys, Dec 23 2022 - 19:53.


heavymetal1967 #13 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 19:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 89617 battles
  • 33,621
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostAngry_Johnny_Killbillys, on Dec 23 2022 - 13:19, said:

Yep they listened and decided to wrap basically the same crap into a new box thinking players are to stupid to see? IIRC a majority said they do not need to revise the whole system just tweak it and add a couple of new skills along with free sixth sense. So they did a PR thing and tossed out free sixth. While still working on basically what they wanted to do in the first place. They play the customers thinking they are stupid and it seems they may be right.

Until the actual entire program comes, maybe Tragic is right it is what the players asked, for i will wait to judge it. If it isnt I am done as I will not go thru the change it really is a deal breaker considering the game is not particularly entertaining anymore.

IMO the majority of the list is not positive or is BS they will never follow thru with. I will wait and see.

 

Going to give it a wait and see approach. BUT their track record speaks for itself and shouldn't be ignored either.

 

With that said look for them to focus on the carrot aka good stuff in the rebranding, so we don't see or care about the bad stuff aka the stick they hit us with until it's all said and done.

 

Hopefully myself and a bunch of us are proven wrong.

 

 



invictus97 #14 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 19:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24715 battles
  • 541
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostKiltedBlackhorse, on Dec 23 2022 - 09:13, said:

Well yeah ...

 

Told you a long time ago that it wasn't dead ...

 

Like no one believed me when I said the Soviet Union wasn't dead, either.

 

Amen!  I thought when they started nerfing the "giveaway" commanders (no zero skills, just 100%, etc.) that they were looking to the future and trying to minimize the BENEFIT we get from these zero-skill commanders in a sCREW 2.0/3.0 conversion...............now, the soviet union, that is something i didnt see!



Angry_Johnny_Killbillys #15 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 19:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24 battles
  • 3,993
  • Member since:
    07-22-2021

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 23 2022 - 12:33, said:

 

Going to give it a wait and see approach. BUT their track record speaks for itself and shouldn't be ignored either.

 

With that said look for them to focus on the carrot aka good stuff in the rebranding, so we don't see or care about the bad stuff aka the stick they hit us with until it's all said and done.

 

Hopefully myself and a bunch of us are proven wrong.

 

 

Agree I hope it is positive.



Cannon_Fodder_NZ #16 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 20:04

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32438 battles
  • 106
  • [WTAPZ] WTAPZ
  • Member since:
    11-25-2014

Crew 1.5.

 

It's a half-arsed implementation. A revamp of the interface and simplification of the skills.

 

Crew trained for 3 tanks, so what. It doesn't deal with the mish-mash of different crew posiitons that recur throughout a line.



Markd73 #17 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 20:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 37897 battles
  • 13,066
  • [2M8TO] 2M8TO
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostKiltedBlackhorse, on Dec 23 2022 - 15:13, said:

Well yeah ...

 

Told you a long time ago that it wasn't dead ...

 

Like no one believed me when I said the Soviet Union wasn't dead, either.

 

Checks map on google maps....yup still no legal entity called the "Soviet Union".



KiltedBlackhorse #18 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 21:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21 battles
  • 554
  • Member since:
    02-04-2022

View PostMarkd73, on Dec 23 2022 - 14:27, said:

Checks map on google maps....yup still no legal entity called the "Soviet Union".

 

YOU are a fool ... :sceptic:



KiltedBlackhorse #19 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 21:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21 battles
  • 554
  • Member since:
    02-04-2022

View PostExploratorOne, on Dec 23 2022 - 13:18, said:

TragicLoss said on stream in the last week that they were trying to implement the ideas that players liked.  She also mentioned that she herself had issues with some of the original aspects.

 

I don't put much stock in streamers dressed like dinosaurs ... 



Uncle_Mikes_tank #20 Posted Dec 23 2022 - 21:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20396 battles
  • 13
  • [CBRO3] CBRO3
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

I saw this coming.  Crew 2.0 or crew 2.0 light.  If WG doesn't want me to play the game that's their prerogative.  I said last year on WOT stream I was done with the game if crew 2.0 was implemented.  It appears that is so.  Since I knew this was going to happen, I am sure glad I did NOT buy any boxes, or feed this game more money, the last year 

 

Depending on when they implement this crud,  I have but a few months left to play.  Well 6 years was long enough I guess.  What a discouraging Christmas time notice.

 

Goodbye in the future.  only WG knows when.  Thank you WG for releasing me from this time consuming fraternity, which over the last 2 years saw my win rate plummet and enjoyment level go with it.





Reply to this topic



  
For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.


2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users