I see they are going to attempt to ram SCREW 2.0 OR NOW 3.0, into the game

48 replies to this topic

cloudwalking #41 Posted Jan 01 2023 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 198 battles

View PostKiltedBlackhorse, on Dec 23 2022 - 21:12, said:

I don't put much stock in streamers dressed like dinosaurs ... 

I don't put stock in what that person says even when not dressed like a dino.  They side step actual questions.  They deflect actual problems and concerns.  They have put the blame on the customer for misleading sales articles and then gave the 'valley girl' response you see in my sig.  Word for word and said exactly how you'd imagine the wording going.  Dealing with them is actually insulting, but that's my opinion.

Ehrlichmann #42 Posted Jan 02 2023 - 23:53

Captain

• Players
  • 33610 battles
  • [SCPZK] SCPZK

One must always remember - WG makes choices that favor THEM - not you.

It really does not matter if you agree or like it - they are going to do what they are going to do.

SkunkButt #43 Posted Jan 05 2023 - 13:10

Captain

• Players
  • 191 battles

View PostCannon_Fodder_NZ, on Dec 23 2022 - 13:04, said:

Crew 1.5.

It's a half-arsed implementation. A revamp of the interface and simplification of the skills.

Crew trained for 3 tanks, so what. It doesn't deal with the mish-mash of different crew posiitons that recur throughout a line.

The scary thing is something folks are not paying attention to...

That won't be 3 tech tree tanks, that will be three tanks *PERIOD*
Premiums will no longer accept any and all crews w/o training.  So if you want your 140 crew to drive your 907 they'll have to be trained for both...

And low crew count vehicles will have pretty much no skills whereas heavies will have almost all of them...

Panzergraf #44 Posted Jan 05 2023 - 21:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 29784 battles
  • [UNLKO] UNLKO

View PostSkunkButt, on Jan 05 2023 - 13:10, said:

Premiums will no longer accept any and all crews w/o training.  So if you want your 140 crew to drive your 907 they'll have to be trained for both...

There's nothing to suggest this is true.
Currently you can only have a crew trained for ONE tank (*period*). Premium/reward tanks can use crews not trained specifically for those tanks.
In crew 1.5 you can train crews for 3 tanks. There's nothing to suggest that premium/reward tanks won't still be able to use crews not trained for those particular tanks. Taking away that ability would be a direct nerf to premium tanks, which we know WG won't do again.

Yes, crew 1.5 will buff 5+ crew tanks (separate RO, maybe more than one loader) comparatively more than low crew tanks, but IMO most of the 5+ crew tanks in the game need this anyway.

thehelmsman #45 Posted Jan 05 2023 - 21:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9869 battles

Where does it specifically say this? The only verbiage I've seen on the matter indicates that crews will be able to be trained for three tanks without penalty. The assumption I made was that they meant crew could be trained for three researchable/collectors vehicles without penalty, which would be an absolutely fantastic change and I greatly look forward to it. While it is certainly possible that they also include premiums in this new system, I sincerely doubt that will wind up being the case. Premium/reward tanks not requiring trained crews is one of their defining features and there is no way WG would be able to get away with changing that.

--Helms

cloudwalking #46 Posted Jan 08 2023 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 198 battles

And low crew count vehicles will have pretty much no skills whereas heavies will have almost all of them...

I could be mistaken but I believe you're wrong bud.  I think it'll be 3 tanks trained and then the option to put that crew in a premium like always.  I'm honestly not sure about the crew skills issue.  I WOULD HOPE that wg have 'fixed' that issue because, truly, what the helll is even the point if they don't fix crew layout counts in lines.  But, this is WG and I stopped giving them benefit of doubt LONG ago.

ATruk #47 Posted Jan 09 2023 - 01:36

Major

• Players
  • 89547 battles
  • [OVERC] OVERC

I started playing in 2013. If they had never changed the game, I doubt I would still be playing.

Changes and improvements keep me interested. Only a few continue to play the same old games.

The current crew system has caused me more grief than anything else in the game. So like most other players I use it as a “set-and-forget” feature.

I am not sure how this crew 2 money grab idea comes about. Get the the crew skills you want, and forget it. Only difference is the variety.

Did I miss something here?

Uncle_Mikes_tank #48 Posted Jan 13 2023 - 02:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 20396 battles
  • [CBRO3] CBRO3

Complete opposite.   I started in 2016 , and this game is not even close to what it was back then.  They keep changing the play style, keep moving the goal posts.  All these useless game modes, snowball, frontlines, ....I'm trying to get better at the game,   I don't want change.  I want to play a game not keep relearning Calculus all over again every couple months.  I'm about done with this game, and when crew 1.5923 or whatever you want to call it, comes out, that will be the last straw.

How players get 4-5 skill crews is beyond me.  Most tanks I play are no skill, or maybe 1-2 .  Best tank has 4 skills.  Oh yea , gold, that's the way, I've spent enough.  3 tank crews, just throw money.  3 tank crew will be completely useless to me.

yruputin #49 Posted Jan 13 2023 - 18:37

Captain

• Players
  • 42134 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

View PostUncle_Mikes_tank, on Jan 13 2023 - 02:46, said:

Complete opposite.   I started in 2016 , and this game is not even close to what it was back then.  They keep changing the play style, keep moving the goal posts.  All these useless game modes, snowball, frontlines, ....I'm trying to get better at the game,   I don't want change.  I want to play a game not keep relearning Calculus all over again every couple months.  I'm about done with this game, and when crew 1.5923 or whatever you want to call it, comes out, that will be the last straw.

How players get 4-5 skill crews is beyond me.  Most tanks I play are no skill, or maybe 1-2 .  Best tank has 4 skills.  Oh yea , gold, that's the way, I've spent enough.  3 tank crews, just throw money.  3 tank crew will be completely useless to me.

nerfs and buffs  Wg loves this amusement.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users