Entwicklung Series Panzerkampfwagon E100

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

Battlecruiser #661 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 05:09

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

This tank is not as good as I remember it being, Used to be able to take it out into pubs and average 3-5k damage, clan wars back in the day was a different story, often times sitting on a corner for things to shoot at that never came.

But the turret as far as I can tell feels like tissue paper and with the addition of these new swiss vehicles it's another two tier 10's who have np penning you in the face even when angling. The coming overmatch changes however make the VK7201 quite good because it no longer takes rounds through the engine deck like a fat kid takes cake through the mouth. Even the MAUS has no problem with apcr shooting the e-100 in the face wherever it pleases.There's a quite noticable speed difference also. Half the time in E-100 I'm either chasing kills or getting to the fight after a contribution would have made a difference and forget flexibility. Flexibility didn't used to matter because they had to flank you or get your lower plate to kill you, but you wind up in situations where if people are paying attention to you it's like being in a T-30 but in reverse.

In the game above it can do quite well when there are few autoloaders, few arty, few td's, and an abundance of tier 8 targets to shoot at. He even gets lucky at one point with an ammo rack. If anything the game kurg has there should be generally expected given what's shooting at him and it's lucky that no 123 push happened while he was bogged down due to lack of teammate support. It is extremely lucky that 140 was an idiot who instead of capping came back to FRONTALLY engage an E-100. Not to mention when new overmatch changes get here the E-100 will be one of the few vehicles that gets no improvement while every medium and lightly armored heavy will be able to bounce the E-100 even easier. This includes lower tiers. The E-100 is becoming the Heavy version of the leopard, and the leopard is gaining a little survivability. That's weird to think about. Even the lowe turret VS tier 10's is better than the one the E-100 has in 9.17.

Only makes me upset because I remember this tank being consistently awesome, now it's so situational and especially dependent on facing stupid players and lower tier tanks. This is why it's been shelved for competitive play.

Great game, though.

sarkinc #662 Posted Feb 01 2017 - 22:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 11952 battles

I have to agree with that comment, This tank is rather outdated. Using AP is giving yourself a handicap, you're expected to fire premium rounds as standard in a non premium tank. With most games consisting of somewhat mobile tanks that are adaptable, it has put the E-100 on the shelf as it just cannot adapt to combat like other tier 10 mediums or heavies.

It's an easy target to kill, and frankly if i see an e-100 now days i think easy damage. APCR > turret face. You'd be an idiot not to use premium rounds against an e-100s turret face/ bottom plate, almost guaranteed damage while the e-100 has a chance of bouncing especially if you know how to wiggle and throw of their aim.

"BUT THAT ALPHA" this is only worth something if you penetrate, and since this game is based of RNG you're taking a roll with the dice each time. If you're playing against the same tier, it's a 50/50 if the shell will follow true. This tank is incredibly easy to counter now days, a good player is going to acknowledge this and use a vehicle where you can game RNG into your favor. 

The IS4 is a superior tank in every aspect. The only area where the E-100 shines is beating down tier 8-9 tanks, but that's not difficult in a tier 10.

Edited by sarkinc, Feb 01 2017 - 22:37.

mortuus82 #663 Posted May 21 2017 - 11:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9939 battles
  • [HOWDO] HOWDO
what happend to the hull when allies stormed the factory, did it get destroyed?

ket101 #664 Posted May 21 2017 - 12:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View Postmortuus82, on May 21 2017 - 20:28, said:

what happend to the hull when allies stormed the factory, did it get destroyed?

It got shipped to Bovington in the UK, and was scrapped later on.

ReichBundeswehr #665 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 02:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6007 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
update the topic. because e100 is now garbage

Fulqrum #666 Posted Feb 26 2018 - 21:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 14754 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostReichBundeswehr, on Feb 22 2018 - 17:04, said:

update the topic. because e100 is now garbage

^this^

Not withstanding the fact that its reload speed (with 2 high-skill loaders) and turret face armor are so bad, but the fact that its nearly 6-inch main gun can't pen domed commie tanks at point-blank range is ridiculous. The physics of such a large projectile that close in should cleave any opponent in half with one round.

Edited by Fulqrum, Feb 26 2018 - 21:52.

sleeper_agent #667 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 04:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 25885 battles

View Postsarkinc, on Feb 01 2017 - 16:26, said:

I have to agree with that comment, This tank is rather outdated. Using AP is giving yourself a handicap, you're expected to fire premium rounds as standard in a non premium tank. With most games consisting of somewhat mobile tanks that are adaptable, it has put the E-100 on the shelf as it just cannot adapt to combat like other tier 10 mediums or heavies.

It's an easy target to kill, and frankly if i see an e-100 now days i think easy damage. APCR > turret face. You'd be an idiot not to use premium rounds against an e-100s turret face/ bottom plate, almost guaranteed damage while the e-100 has a chance of bouncing especially if you know how to wiggle and throw of their aim.

"BUT THAT ALPHA" this is only worth something if you penetrate, and since this game is based of RNG you're taking a roll with the dice each time. If you're playing against the same tier, it's a 50/50 if the shell will follow true. This tank is incredibly easy to counter now days, a good player is going to acknowledge this and use a vehicle where you can game RNG into your favor. 

The IS4 is a superior tank in every aspect. The only area where the E-100 shines is beating down tier 8-9 tanks, but that's not difficult in a tier 10.

oh that alpha

grego34 #668 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 07:27

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 26036 battles
is it worth the time to buy after your have enough EXP??  seems like its out dated..

Moridin_707 #669 Posted Aug 06 2018 - 17:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18985 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

Might as well. Still a fun and powerful tank, and it teaches you how to use your armor.

grego34 #670 Posted Aug 06 2018 - 18:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 26036 battles

thats true--seen plenty of videos..  its a bruiser..  what 3 things do you use??  what perks? rammer- for one.  maybe tool box for 2 and not sure about 3. camo net?? :)

oldewolfe #671 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 01:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 21156 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

It's definately not the Beast it once was....      I can say this from the Times I have played it on the Test Server, it needs Space to make the Armor Usable again.....       You can't put it in Reds Face anymore like the Olde Days, only Problem is this goes against EVERYTHING this Tank is meant to be.....

The Up side to this though is it makes Both Guns Relevant depending on the Ammunition you Prefer and Reload you're Comfortable with....         APCR, use the 128mm, HEAT uses the 150mm.....       Just play like the Tigers and try to Refrain from going All In with it because in the World of Premium Spam, you're NOT gonna last...

I was actually only going to Unlock it to Elite the E75, but this last Test Server, I think I may go ahead and just Grind it out...     It's not too bad if you Play around it's Weaknesses and Rely on it's Strengths....       Just be ready for the Chat Spam about how you're doing it Wrong.....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users