T14 and its woes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Viperone #1 Posted Oct 26 2011 - 21:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44959 battles
  • [SUAF] SUAF
I bought the T14 as a credit building tank but its awful it has good armour but such a weak gun its lucky to kill something in its own tier. It bounces off any other hevey. Its slower in all rspects to the KV. The E4A3E2 is a much better credit building tank. For a premium tank its not worth the gold. If equiped with a 90 mm it would be great to live with. Im ready to junk it. I want a refund!
It doesnt make eceptional cash.
It has very weak gun.
Its way too slow in all respects, turning, traverseing its way too slow.
Is there anything to be done to help it?

Davenshire #2 Posted Oct 26 2011 - 22:07

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18612 battles
  • [MI7TH] MI7TH

View PostViperone, on Oct 26 2011 - 21:57, said:

I bought the T14 as a credit building tank but its awful it has good armour but such a weak gun its lucky to kill something in its own tier. It bounces off any other hevey. Its slower in all rspects to the KV. The E4A3E2 is a much better credit building tank. For a premium tank its not worth the gold. If equiped with a 90 mm it would be great to live with. Im ready to junk it. I want a refund!
It doesnt make eceptional cash.
It has very weak gun.
Its way too slow in all respects, turning, traverseing its way too slow.
Is there anything to be done to help it?

HE SPAM, then more HE spam.

stay back/wiggle/angle your armor, youll bounce a lot. and then HE spam some more. most match ups will favor you unles syou have a run of bad luck.

Misoski #3 Posted Oct 26 2011 - 23:26

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16798 battles
  • [NUGGS] NUGGS
And or play it like a churchill =D It armour fares much better than the churchill in my experiences~
Flanker, situational, tracker and etc.~

1858remington #4 Posted Nov 03 2011 - 06:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25659 battles
  • [AM0K] AM0K
Where the T-14 shines is in its angled armor.  

Dont square up against an enemy, angle your tank a bit and their rounds will bounce a lot.  

The 76mm gun is weak but with a rammer its a fast shooter. Aim for the enemies weak spots to bring on the pain, with rapid successive shots.

Getting the vents on this tank also help a lot.  

The T-14 is essentially a M4 Sherman with bolted on armor.
It was an improvised design and is slow due to it never having had its engine upgraded to handle the extra armor weight.  In real combat the T-14 was prone to breakdown as the engine and suspension just couldn't take the added weight.  They were usually used for a battles initial push to serve as makeshift heavies, then moved to the rear as a support tank to reduce the amount of breakdowns.

I've played my T-14 a good bit and find it works well as a rapid fire sniper.  Dont charge the enemy, your armor is good, but you move like a slug and handle like a brick.  This tank cannot get out of its own way.  

Want to learn to play the T-14 well???  Go gold and get the German PzK38H(f) light tank.  Its slow like the t-14 and has great armor and an excellent gun.  It will teach you take your time, and plan your stratagy before making a move.  Its a good learning tool for the KV as well.

nublex #5 Posted Nov 03 2011 - 12:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13591 battles
Hotchkiss is very different to T14, as T14 have decent side armour but Hotchkiss is vulnerable on the side.

GenericSoldier #6 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 23:40

Captain

• Players
  • 2414 battles
its a bit of a boring tank at fisrt so i got rid but i have a friend who swears that if used in the manners above i guess it could be good